100 billion baht rescue package for Thai tourism mooted - foreign tourists wanted before year's end

webfact

7 minutes ago, Youlike said:

Europe is closing down again, city by city.....and Europe is very hot now, why would they come to Thailand with it's smog, dirty sea, scammers and so on? 

Europe doesn't have scammers then, and what scams do tourists face in LOS to deter them...?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

How about inviting ALL tourists back from ALL countries, ensuring everyone masks up and putting that 100 billion in a covid hospital/quarantine emergency fund to deal with it

It would be interesting to know what might happen if the Thai govt simply dropped all the other rules and said as follows -- ANYONE from anywhere can come to Thailand whenever they want, as long as they:

--pass a COVID test before departing

--have adequate health insurance, and

--undergo and pass 2 weeks mandatory quarantine upon arrival, period.

No more rules about only people with work permits, or only short-term tech/exhibition staff, or only those married to Thais, etc etc....

I wonder how much demand for ASQ that would really create, and could they scale up ASQ capacity enough to handle it... You'd think they could, what with all the closed up hotels around BKK currently sitting empty and employing no one.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Countries that would be eligible were China, Taiwan, the US and those in Europe, reported TPBS. 

US is totally under control... If we take Europe, yes, Germany, Spain, UK... also totally under control. What's wrong with this vacuum head?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, GeorgeCross said:

US has it under control - vaccine by Nov 3rd.. Biggly xx

straight from the horse's mouth ????

What else happens on Nov 3rd? Trump likes to suck people like you in ???? 

3 hours ago, colinneil said:

Dream on Suphawan, cloud cuckoo land is where your at, time to start being realistic, severe restrictions, you plonker, who in their right minds would come here and put up with that?

Plonker  is good word.  ,you must be old Brit. , comes from Fouls and Horses   ,,,,, maybe.  she sould start selling Mekong dinking water 

• Haha 2

Suggest Thailand accepts Tourism will not return and down sizes its economy accordingly. The true beneficiaries will be previous inhabitants of the beaches and the eco system. The main losers people from Isaan and other poor areas who are now unemployed and will have to return to their home land.

• Like 2

Just now, toolpush said:

Agreed. I have an Elite visa and work in Asia in another country where I am at now. I have no desire to go through 14 days quarantine and all the related hassle to have a few days in Thailand and then go through all that hassle again when I return to the country in which I work. I will just stay here at work. KaChing KaChing

Exactly mate - I am the same, Elite Visa, working out of Thailand, and not worth the hassle to try and go their on my time off, and then try and get back to my country and back to work afterwards - I hate to say it, but looking like 2021 before I feel I can get back there.

• Like 1