Officials seize 30 million baht's worth of pressure washers after man dies washing car

webfact

Officials seize 30 million baht's worth of pressure washers after man dies washing car

4pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Trading standards officers were pictured with 30 million baht's worth of substandard foreign tools.

There were pumps, high pressure sprays and a host of other equipment imported from abroad and sold on Facebook that didn't meet the Thai's exacting standards. 

Search warrants were issued and three places were raided. 

This followed the electrocution and death of a man in Nonthaburi while using one of the high pressure sprays on a vehicle.

Investigations continue with the possibility that the importers would face a prison term of 6 months and/or a fine of 100,000 baht.  

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2020-08-12

29 minutes ago, Paiman said:

To be honest, I was not aware that Thailand has any kind of standard whatsoever.

Just look a the wiring of many houses.... and so on. 

I thought that when I visited my mother in laws house in Krabi and looked at a frightening electric shower installation.  However, we've just had a large shop and 6 bed house constructed and despite it being mainly concrete the fire regs.  include emergency lighting, alarms and fire extinguishers on each floor.  The electrics are all on MCB's and I saw the earthing rods being placed. I had a construction business back in the UK and some of the 100 year old terrace properties left a great deal to be desired.

537EFE02-26E0-4488-9FC9-3B8F1439D31B_1_105_c.jpeg

DD11218C-99D5-445C-A4A4-349F9FBC45D6_1_105_c.jpeg

Edited by DaLa
added pics.

1 hour ago, webfact said:

This followed the electrocution and death of a man in Nonthaburi while using one of the high pressure sprays on a vehicle.

Investigations continue with the possibility that the importers would face a prison term of 6 months and/or a fine of 100,000 baht. 

Life's cheap, looks like death is around the same price in this case.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Who ever came up with that 1 sure has a wicked sense of humour.????

Yes, true, but the tragedy is that their 'exacting standards' still manage to kill people almost every day. 

It's  a measure of the lack of trust in technology that I have here, that if I am emptying the washing machine, unconsciously, I first disconnect it from the power, making sure that I don't touch the casing of the machine. Sad but true.  

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

Yes, true, but the tragedy is that their 'exacting standards' still manage to kill people almost every day. 

It's  a measure of the lack of trust in technology that I have here, that if I am emptying the washing machine, unconsciously, I first disconnect it from the power, making sure that I don't touch the casing of the machine. Sad but true.  

What about when you are in the shower in a hotel and the waters a bit hot ?

Adjust the setting and risk electrocution or suffer with the hot water  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

What about when you are in the shower in a hotel and the waters a bit hot ?

Adjust the setting and risk electrocution or suffer with the hot water  

We have water heaters in each of our house bathrooms, but I never use them.  The water coming in the mains inlet is warm enough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JoePai said:

substandard foreign tools

Read : Chinese 

Not yet, Thai is difficult enough as it is.

I can't make out this at all:

I had my leg X-rayed today. The doctor told me: "Your patella only measures 2.54cm."
"Inch high knees?" I exclaimed in surprise.
The doctor replied: "你的髕骨尺寸為2.54厘米"

2 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and there's the worrying thing,  I haven't stopped yet, although, for some reason, most of my family won't fly with me, except my son, and he's a nutter !! 

and you didn't wonder why the family took the drastic decision 555

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mavideol said:

and you didn't wonder why the family took the drastic decision 555

No.  I haven't really lost my long ingrained habit in an aircraft,  of looking at the world upside down.  That never played well with Mrs P, who prefers life to be the right way up. She should have sussed this out when we bought the Slingsby Firefly a good few years back.