Korat: Single mother wanted to quit job to be with children, devastated after son dies

webfact

Single mother wanted to quit job to be with children, devastated after son dies

By The Nation

800_1382f8d3e10f8be.png?v=1597204011

A single mother who planned to quit her job to be with her three children was devastated after one of her sons died in a rafting accident in Nakhon Ratchasima.

She revealed the story to a reporter yesterday (August 11), explaining that since she had divorced, she wanted to quit her job in a few months to take care of her children.

However, her 16-year-old son, who vacationed on a raft on Lam Sae Dam on August 9, disappeared after an accident.

Officials struggled for two days to find him as no one could specify the exact spot from where he disappeared and the water current in the dam was too strong to conduct any rescue operation.

His body was finally found him in a deep channel beneath the water surface and taken to Khonburi Hospital for an autopsy before being returned to the heartbroken family for a funeral.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30392857

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-12

• Sad 3

Before commenting on this topic, please consider the subject matter and be respectful that someone has died.
Any off topic and/or insensitive posts will be removed without warning and could result in those who made the posts being banned from the site. 

/Admin

• Thanks 1

So sad for the mother, working to keep the family going and giving the children some normal life, for her son to die tragically while on a vacation adventure must be devastating.

I hope they are blessed with some good fortune soon.

No proper life jacket then, that will keep your head afloat, face up, even if you get knocked unconscious. back to education once more. My condolences to the family.    I can remember when i was 10 yr old a kid in our school drowned near a bridge, in morning assembly, the Headmaster stood and explained to us not to go swimming in the river especially near the bridge supports because of strong currents maybe because of this advise i am still alive.