True, the one and only the best

Susco

I have a True Move 4G post paid subscription,

Where I live I get full signal on H+ or 4G, depending on how the wind blows I guess, but my download speed is in the range of 5 Mbps and upload 2 Mbps

I complained a few weeks ago, and couple of days later I got an SMS, that say they had it all fixed.

They fixed <deleted> all of course, because the speed had increased to 12 Mbps.

Today it was again 5 Mbps, and I called them again to here the same story, so I told them that they can put their bills where the sun doesn't shine as I'm not gonna pay them any more.

So of course after a while they gonna cut me off, but do I understand correctly that they only disable outgoing calls, and that people still can call me?

How long does it take before they disable the number?

• Haha 1

That's very typical for True mobile. You can have a full 4G signal, but no speed at all. Sometimes not even enough to send a Whatsapp.

If they cut you off you will lose your number too, also for incoming calls.  If you have no contract you can try to transfer your number to another provider.

• Like 2

Speed a person gets can vary "greatly"....repeat, greatly....and time of day/night an make a big difference as loading of the carrier network changes.

I'm on DTAC (for over a decade now)....just run a speedtest here at my western Bangkok home (in the suburbs)....high, rise central Bankgok is 10 kilometers away as the crow flies.....and my 4G speed 56Mb down/5Mb up.  Now if I go about a kilometer due west of my home to a nearby shopping mall my download speed will drop to a fifth of above.  Go my my mother-in-laws house out in the province/country and my 4G speed might reach almost 100Mb "or" only 10Mb....highly variable.  

2 minutes ago, Pib said:

Speed a person gets can vary "greatly"....repeat, greatly....and time of day/night an make a big difference as loading of the carrier network changes.

I'm on DTAC (for over a decade now)....just run a speedtest here at my western Bangkok home (in the suburbs)....high, rise central Bankgok is 10 kilometers away as the crow flies.....and my 4G speed 56Mb down/5Mb up.  Now if I go about a kilometer due west of my home to a nearby shopping mall my download speed will drop to a fifth of above.  Go my my mother-in-laws house out in the province/country and my 4G speed might reach almost 100Mb "or" only 10Mb....highly variable.  

And are all those different speeds showing a full signal on your phone?

2 hours ago, Susco said:

And are all those different speeds showing a full signal on your phone?

Yes...strong signal strength with 4G symbol.  Even strong signal strength can produce slow speeds depending on how loaded the network is (i.e., how many people connected)....how loaded down the cell tower supporting your area is....etc.

16 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

I just tested with my VPN on

Download speed: 6,42

Upload speed: 7,69

Unabled VPN:

Download speed: 59.8

Upload speed: 21,8

vpn on what country. Its known that they slow it down for foreign countries

16 hours ago, Pib said:

Speed a person gets can vary "greatly"....repeat, greatly..

It can of course vary.  But the problem with True is that you can have a FULL 4G signal on your phone, but not a single bit of data is coming in. And that in the centre of Bangkok. Resetting the phone doesn't help. Again a full signal, but even Whatsapp doesn't work. For me it seems that True has big problems in their network.

I never experienced something similar with AIS.