Posting my e-visa application

Because i live 5 hours away from London, i opted to post my e-visa application.

However, it is now saying you have to print of all your supporting documents, application form, etc and post them. This begs the questions why the hell did i have to upload everything in digital format on the e-visa website, if i now have to obtain physical copies and send them off. What type of nonsense is this? I specifically rang my bank, companies up to get all details in a digital copy, so i could upload them easily. What was the point, if you just have to send a physical copy?

Would an appointment have been different?

Also is there anything i need to note about posting my passports and application forms off?

Guess i better go buy a printer !

• Like 2

Greg - are you sure of that?

A month ago I received a Non-Immigrant Type O (Single Entry) visa from the Thai Embassy in the UK. 

No mention of printing out any documents and posting them.

Important Point: 

Are you also applying for a Certificate of Entry ? (based on Marriage to a Thai, Parent to a Thai, Thai Elite Visa, Work Permit).

And... also requiring a ‘repatriation flight’ to Thailand which can only be organised through the Thai Embassy in London. 

31 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Greg - are you sure of that?

A month ago I received a Non-Immigrant Type O (Single Entry) visa from the Thai Embassy in the UK. 

No mention of printing out any documents and posting them.

Important Point: 

Are you also applying for a Certificate of Entry ? (based on Marriage to a Thai, Parent to a Thai, Thai Elite Visa, Work Permit).

And... also requiring a ‘repatriation flight’ to Thailand which can only be organised through the Thai Embassy in London. 

I'm still at the visa stage.

It says post the bar code attached document as well as supporting documents.

Did you post your application?

It says on the main page you will need evidence of accomdation, where you live, finance proof, but then only lets me upload one PDF.  Can you upload more than one PDF ?

They've requested a pre stamped envelope to return my documents.

I assume this not going to be a first class stamp i affix to this pre stamped envelope. I shall get a recoreded stamp put on. Will the embassy be okay going to to a post office, lol?

Silly questions, i am losing my mind walking on egg shells through this process.

I think THailand do not understand that an e-visa is processed  online only.

( Laos-Myanmar-Cambodia-Vietnam all do it)

No-sticker in the passport. just a confirmation document that you present to Immigration on arrival. You are already in the system. I already tried all of them in the past.

Thailand is an online application process requiring sending paperwork.

Then you get a normal sticker in your passport.

TIT

12 hours ago, Greghuntleyuk said:

They've requested a pre stamped envelope to return my documents.

I assume this not going to be a first class stamp i affix to this pre stamped envelope. I shall get a recoreded stamp put on. Will the embassy be okay going to to a post office, lol?

Silly questions, i am losing my mind walking on egg shells through this process.

You need to either take your passport to the Embassy for the visa to be affixed, or nominate an appointment time to hand deliver it, as far as I'm aware.  I'm mid way through doing my E-Visa too and that's how I read it anyway, hope I'm on the right track. Also some documents need to submitted in hard copy, so I just finished printing them at the local library.