Trump-appointed Postal Service chief to testify amid fears about U.S. election

webfact

3 hours ago, Opl said:

how long can it take to cast a ballot in person, waiting in line time included, in the US? 

In densely populated urban areas it can often take hours. Especially in states run by Republicans. But I'm sure that the discouragement factor has nothing to do with this.

4 hours ago, Opl said:

so then it's the vote in person that needs some fixing

It’s the fact (previously stated) that over 69% of volunteers at voting stations are themselves over 60 years old and, rightly so, are probably not going to help out this year, you know, what with catching COVID and dying. 
This in turn will mean many voting stations won’t even be open and the ones that are will have horrendous lines. Thousands of people gathered together without social distancing (not to mention the idiots who won’t wear a mask) is literally the opposite of what you should be doing during this pandemic. 
So there’s that.  

• Thanks 1

On 8/22/2020 at 7:05 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Mail in voting already causing chaos and voter fraud. How predictable. Trump was right(again), this election will be disputed thanks to the opposition making sure there can never be a reliable count. If anyone supports never having a result to this election, and support law suits dragging on for months or years after the vote, well keep mailing out non-requested ballots. Did Trump claim there have been 51 million non-requested ballots mailed out? This election is toast.

"Alex Mendez had won a special election on May 12 to fill the seat, but claims of voter fraud were soon raised. An investigation was then launched after the Us Postal Service’s law enforcement arm told the state attorney general’s office about hundreds of mail-in ballots located in a mailbox in Paterson, along with more found in nearby Haledon."

https://nypost.com/2020/08/20/new-election-ordered-in-nj-race-marred-by-voter-fraud-charges/

and yet when a judge asked trumps lawyers for evidence of mail in voter fraud, any evidence at all...well they couldnt find any.

https://news.yahoo.com/judge-asked-trumps-lawyers-prove-214605614.html

• Like 2

On 8/22/2020 at 6:59 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

If mail in voting is such a risk then improve it. Don't make it more difficult.

The want to be shining sample democracy should spend money to make sure all votes from all people are counted in time.

They should guarantee that everybody can vote safely.

But instead Trump does the opposite and the spineless GOP politicians still support him.

The world is watching and seeing the USA for what it is: Be best democracy money can buy.

What you mean like absentee voting whereby you make a request for a ballot using I.d, that's a good idea.

If it's no problem running round the streets protesting, rioting and looting. 

If it's no problem standing cheek to jowel whilst painting murals on the street. 

If it's no problem standing in line at wal mart. 

Why is it a problem to stand in line at a polling station, After all Trump has been such a disaster for America, the election result is a foregone conclusion, cnn, msnbc, and NY times polls predict it. 

They couldn't possibly be fake could they.? 

Mass mail in voting is rife for fraud. 

In the UK where I am from, it is well known amongst a certain demographic. We even had the scenario of students boasting that they voted twice on fakebook. 

Funnily enough it always seems to benefit the party of the left. 

If it means that much to you to get rid of Trump, get down the polling Station and vote. But only once, that's called democracy. 

• Like 1

On 8/21/2020 at 4:49 PM, johnnybangkok said:

Proof indeed of a political appointment. One of Trumps many. 

Of course in his eight years in the White House, the Great Obama never once appointed anyone for their political affiliation.

On 8/22/2020 at 12:24 AM, Tug said:

Well I watched part of his interview he won’t return sorting machines to service he won’t return drop boxes ripped out straight up lied about the overtime issue denies talking to donald and minuchin has his money grubbing mitts in this fiasco this group of grifters needs to be removed no doubt about it

During obamas second term, he had 12000 - 14000 mailboxes removed and not replaced. Can I assume you were suitably outraged on that occasion.? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smigel said:

Mass mail in voting is rife for fraud. 

It's not, that's the whole point.

Only Trump tells his supporters it is a problem. Experts and statistics show it's no problem at all.

And just in case fraud is a problem then make sure to solve that problem so that democracy can work the way it's supposed to work.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smigel said:

Of course in his eight years in the White House, the Great Obama never once appointed anyone for their political affiliation.

The post office corporation is by its charter supposed to be different. So much so that political appointees of Trump aren't even supposed to be in meetings with members of the board. Mnuchin got around this by meeting with each member separately. They had hired a headhunting firm to come up with candidates. Instead they appointed someone with obvious and huge financial conflicts  who is also heavily involved in Trump's re-election

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smigel said:

During obamas second term, he had 12000 - 14000 mailboxes removed and not replaced. Can I assume you were suitably outraged on that occasion.? 

And was there a pandemic in progress at the time that threatened turnout for an upcoming election?

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not, that's the whole point.

Only Trump tells his supporters it is a problem. Experts and statistics show it's no problem at all.

And just in case fraud is a problem then make sure to solve that problem so that democracy can work the way it's supposed to work.

You seem to have a problem reading. If it is such a problem for someone to vote in person, Apply for an absentee ballot, where I. d. Is required to apply for a ballot. 

Surely you want a free and fair election, after all, the party you support has been banging on about foreign interference in your election for more than 3 years. 

I say again, mass postal voting is ripe for fraud. 

Anyone that disagrees with that is either being disingenuous or expecting their party to benefit from the fraud. 

Which are you.? 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Smigel said:

I say again, mass postal voting is ripe for fraud. 

Anyone that disagrees with that is either being disingenuous or expecting their party to benefit from the fraud. 

It seems you are the top expert who knows it all.

Forget about all those other experts who do that for a living.

I close my case. With some people it does not make any sense to try to convince them with facts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you are the top expert who knows it all.

Forget about all those other experts who do that for a living.

I close my case. With some people it does not make any sense to try to convince them with facts.

I don't profess to being an expert, where have I claimed that.? 

Equally, all I have heard from you is your stated opinion that mail in voting fraud is non existent. 

I'm waiting with bated breath for your usual opinion piece from the guardian. Lol. That bastion of truth and facts that everyone that isn't a paid up lefty, laughs at. 

It has readership of under 100,000, most of which work at the BBC, the other mouthpiece of left wing drivel. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, rcummings said:

The post office corporation is by its charter supposed to be different. So much so that political appointees of Trump aren't even supposed to be in meetings with members of the board. Mnuchin got around this by meeting with each member separately. They had hired a headhunting firm to come up with candidates. Instead they appointed someone with obvious and huge financial conflicts  who is also heavily involved in Trump's re-election

Nine of the members of the board are appointed by the president, who then get together and appoint a tenth member to become ceo. 

The ten then vote in an 11th member as Deputy governor. 

Please explain how that is a non political appointment. 

On 8/22/2020 at 6:05 AM, TopDeadSenter said:

Mail in voting already causing chaos and voter fraud. How predictable. Trump was right(again), this election will be disputed thanks to the opposition making sure there can never be a reliable count.

Such bs comes straight out of Trump's "mail-in voting is rife with fraud" playbook. What he didn't mention is that the fraud will be rigmaroled from his cabinet if all goes well for the other party, ie if people are allowed to vote by mail. His message is if you don't shut down mail in voting, then I will do the fraud thing to muck it up. It's like head I win, tail you lose.

• Like 2