Government to introduce new Bike Licence for riders of Big Bikes

soihok

42 minutes ago, Kerryd said:

Yeah, my first license and my renewal were done in a single day, both within a couple hours. I went to a DLT in Chachoengsao (a friend of a friend took me there the first time and I went back on my own to do the renewal).
It is a little out of the way but makes for a nice morning's outing (once in a few years).

Was this under the COVID, make stuff difficult for foreigners rules?

No. Long before. 

But if you went there now, you'd probably be processed and out of there in a couple hours as well. I don't know what it is with the Pattaya DLT but they seem to go that extra mile to make things difficult.

Now clever Honda only introduced Forza 350, actually it's 330cc I think (and maybe ADV350) and didn't go up to 400 , they must sleep in the same bed with Thai DLT....lol

And another reason Yamaha won't bring Xmax 400 to Thailand....! ????

Although maybe that is just under 400cc and be okay, or they go by the name and not actual cc ...!? 

20 hours ago, Agusts said:

Now clever Honda only introduced Forza 350, actually it's 330cc I think (and maybe ADV350) and didn't go up to 400 , they must sleep in the same bed with Thai DLT....lol

And another reason Yamaha won't bring Xmax 400 to Thailand....! ????

Although maybe that is just under 400cc and be okay, or they go by the name and not actual cc ...!? 

Thailand wouldn't be the first to have a 400cc cut-off point. And actually it's not just 400cc, it's also 47hp. Japan requires a different license for >400cc for example. As does Singapore.

The XMAX 400 has 395cc. So that's not the reason why Yamaha doesn't bring it to Thailand.

My comment was a bit tounge in cheek, yes, most countries go with HP which makes more sense, but that would be so complicated over here, most Thais, even though ride a lot of scooters, have no idea what cc is let alone HP...

On 8/20/2020 at 9:44 AM, Rdrokit said:

Another article says you will need experience riding a normal motorbike before getting a big bike license. Doesn't say how much experience.

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/separate-licence-to-be-required-for-big-bikes

In another forum a poster said I will need to pass a a test for a big bike.

So there is confusion maybe because the present motorcycle DL I have had for 15 years I have been using for my scoot and big bike as many others here.

I guess we will have 3 DL's now. ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kwasaki said:

I guess we will have 3 DL's now.

Why? I think the Big Bike license will just replace the "normal" motorcycle license. Or the motorcycle license will include a "class" on it. I wish they'd take the opportunity to actually unify all license cards into a single one with class checkboxes on the back.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eisfeld said:

Why? I think the Big Bike license will just replace the "normal" motorcycle license. Or the motorcycle license will include a "class" on it. I wish they'd take the opportunity to actually unify all license cards into a single one with class checkboxes on the back.

Yeah early yet, understand OP post but we have still to wait and see what the super intelligent people of the govt will implement. 

• Like 1