Two Thai women in hospital after COVID virus DNA found in their system

Jonathan Fairfield

There have been a number of cases in other countries where the person has still shown detectable covid virus in their system for several months after they have tested negative. It is usually found to be non viable, non transmissable. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, uhuh said:

But if you read it carefully,  they didn't find RNA. They found the DNA of the virus (the virus is a RNA virus). This is really a scientific breakthrough, an unheard-of discovery,  and if confirmed it will revolutionize the science of genetics and virology.

:p)

and may even improve journalism as well.

21 hours ago, hioctane said:

All hospitals have isolated covid wards so you don’t mix patients without covid.

Of course they do, not just for covid there are many contagious diseases, T B being most prevalent in Thailand. I know.

Edited by brianthainess

Okay, these cases are a warning. Apparently, there is no real recovery. The virus hides and waits. Whether they can spread infection during the interim has not yet been determined. But here, with closed borders, we now have three identical cases: two Thais, one returned from UAE, the other undisclosed, and a German. All had been quarantied and cleared with three negative tests after 14 days. I'm staying home, thank you!

The world/medical news I'm reading is saying that people who've had CV can continue to have non-infectious DNA fragments in their system for up to 3 months after infection.

The non-infectious fragments supposedly pose no danger of infecting others, but can show up as positives on the various CV tests, which sounds like what the Thais are talking about here....

Odd that they're putting the women back into hospital for observation over it, though...

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The world/medical news I'm reading is saying that people who've had CV can continue to have non-infectious DNA fragments in their system for up to 3 months after infection.

The non-infectious fragments supposedly pose no danger of infecting others, but can show up as positives on the various CV tests, which sounds like what the Thais are talking about here....

Odd that they're putting the women back into hospital for observation over it, though...

Well it's RNA, but yes, viral matter can swim in the system for quite a while. You need live virus, the whole enchilada, not just the fragments, to pass it to the next ACE2 receptors in another host. 

• Like 1