Legal for cops to keep your car driving license ?

On 8/22/2020 at 9:16 AM, 2 is 1 said:

Nothing is "official" fine in Thailand! If you not do nothing else than drive car whitout rear plate, i dont know why need pay anything. Or max 500 bth. Maybe you run in to first honest cop in Thailand! I assume you had Thai license?

So much nonsense there.  There are official offences and fines laid out in the Land Traffic Act B.E. 2522.  Not displaying a registration plate is an offence with a B1,000 maximum fine.  The fact that you don't know why anything needs to be paid is irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, peteralex said:
On 8/22/2020 at 9:41 AM, ezzra said:

A joke.. someone received a photo in the mail showing him crossing a red light and demand for a 1,000 baht penalty so he sent a photo of a 1,000 baht note back...

It is not FUNNY or a JOKE to cross a red light. It bis IRRESPONSIBLE, DL ought to be renounced.

Calm down, that didn't really happen, Ezzra's just repeating a hackneyed old joke.

On 8/22/2020 at 9:39 AM, actonion said:

My wife received speeding fine for 500b in the post ..  photos of  the front end of her car number plate, they said if  the fine  is  not paid you will no longer be able to tax your car, she has never paid the fine,  that was 3 years ago, and her car taxed every year..

same here !

but people keep repeating the same BS that has been told to them on a bar stool...

• Like 1