B visas available outside Thailand?

1 hour ago, azaazo9 said:

Yes, but you have to spend a month qarantine, two weeks in Singapore, and two weeks in Thailand. Also this option is very expensive.

Why would you need to serve a quarantine period in Singapore? Applying for the visa in Singapore means you're already there because you can't enter unless you're a resident. And nobody would be as insane to leave SG and then coming back, even if permitted by the government.

21 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

If you fly direct to Thailand, you spend 14 days in quarantine. It is expensive.

Yes, very expensive. They require you to stay in a 5-star resort hotel. The prices ranges from the minimum of 30,000THB/15 days to up to 600,000THB/15 days. Average cost is around 80,000THB. The choices are very limited, so chances are you will be paying more than the minimum, if you do not make the reservation well in advance of leaving Thailand. And, you will have to hope nothing delays your return because the reservations are paid up-front and non-refundable.

I am facing the same dilemma. I received a Non-Imm B visa and work permit during the first amnesty period. After a few attempts at extending the now expired visa, I was told I must leave the country to make a new Non-Imm B visa, so I've been researching all possibilities.

From my research, I have found this is not going to be an easy, nor cheap task. Thailand has embassies and consulates in a relatively limited amount of countries. Most are in countries that are not yet allowing visitors to enter. At one point, it looked like Nepal was going to be the best option, but now, they recently re-closed their borders.

Now, it appears that the cheapest way to do this is to go to Sri Lanka. Other optional countries close to Thailand having a Thai embassy or consulate would be Kuwait and Turkey (more expensive). Further off countries accepting arrivals from Thailand and having a Thai embassy or consulate, at this time are Germany, Switzerland, Greece and Mexico.

I can only hope that more nearby countries such as Laos and Malaysia will open before September 26, but then there is still the outrageous expense of procuring US$100,000 medical health coverage, which AXA here in Bangkok is quoting 62,000THB up front (although covid treatment in a private Thai hospital only costs around 100,000THB). And, the ridiculous quarantine in a 5-star hotel/resort requirement when returning to Thailand. That is going to cost on average around 80,000THB/15 days, if you can't get a booking in one of the cheap ones at 30,000THB/15 days.

These are just the expenses required to re-enter the country. You also have to consider the costs to travel abroad and stay for however many days it takes to arrange your visa and all the medical documents required for re-entry.

Here are some useful links that post updates regarding international border openings, travel restrictions, Thai embassies, etc.

https://www.officeholidays.com/coronavirus
https://www.journeysinternational.com/border-report-which-countries-are-open-for-travel-updated-weekly/
https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/covid-19-guide-for-travelers-in-thailand.php
http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Edited by TonBrow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TonBrow said:

Yes, very expensive. They require you to stay in a 5-star resort hotel. The prices ranges from the minimum of 30,000THB/15 days to up to 600,000THB/15 days. Average cost is around 80,000THB. The choices are very limited, so chances are you will be paying more than the minimum, if you do not make the reservation well in advance of leaving Thailand. And, you will have to hope nothing delays your return because the reservations are paid up-front and non-refundable.

The prices ranges from ~30,000 to ~150,000 for a single room. There are just a very few 5 star hotels of about 36 hotels (the last time I looked it was only 2). Many are 3 stars. ~30,000 is not very expensive but annoying and a pain the a**,of course.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Max69xl said:

The prices ranges from ~30,000 to ~150,000 for a single room. There are just a very few 5 star hotels of about 36 hotels (the last time I looked it was only 2). Many are 3 stars. ~30,000 is not very expensive but annoying and a pain the a**,of course.

Yes, I made a mistake with the 600,000THB/15 days. I thought I had seen that in the list, but after re-examining the list I have, I see the highest price is 220,000THB. Sorry for my mistake. I'm sure I saw a quote for 600,000THB somewhere in relation to this. Maybe I saw 60,000 and my old mind added an extra zero??? Didn't intend to spread disinformation.
image.png.f29be40cc3e9f95d3c185c91f2faaa76.png

4 minutes ago, midzo said:

You may have seen the 600,000 baht price tag on the proposed Phuket tourist plan. 

Yeah. I made a mistake with that number. Someone else pointed it out earlier. I honestly don't know where I saw or think I saw that figure. Sorry for the mistake.

7 hours ago, TonBrow said:

Yes, I made a mistake with the 600,000THB/15 days. I thought I had seen that in the list, but after re-examining the list I have, I see the highest price is 220,000THB. Sorry for my mistake. I'm sure I saw a quote for 600,000THB somewhere in relation to this. Maybe I saw 60,000 and my old mind added an extra zero??? Didn't intend to spread disinformation.
image.png.f29be40cc3e9f95d3c185c91f2faaa76.png

Would you mind giving me the link to the website you found this list on?  Cannot read the website address at the bottom. Thanks

Edited by oompie69
content

8 hours ago, TonBrow said:

I am facing the same dilemma. I received a Non-Imm B visa and work permit during the first amnesty period. After a few attempts at extending the now expired visa, I was told I must leave the country to make a new Non-Imm B visa, so I've been researching all possibilities.

From my research, I have found this is not going to be an easy, nor cheap task. Thailand has embassies and consulates in a relatively limited amount of countries. Most are in countries that are not yet allowing visitors to enter. At one point, it looked like Nepal was going to be the best option, but now, they recently re-closed their borders.

Now, it appears that the cheapest way to do this is to go to Sri Lanka. Other optional countries close to Thailand having a Thai embassy or consulate would be Kuwait and Turkey (more expensive). Further off countries accepting arrivals from Thailand and having a Thai embassy or consulate, at this time are Germany, Switzerland, Greece and Mexico.

I can only hope that more nearby countries such as Laos and Malaysia will open before September 26, but then there is still the outrageous expense of procuring US$100,000 medical health coverage, which AXA here in Bangkok is quoting 62,000THB up front (although covid treatment in a private Thai hospital only costs around 100,000THB). And, the ridiculous quarantine in a 5-star hotel/resort requirement when returning to Thailand. That is going to cost on average around 80,000THB/15 days, if you can't get a booking in one of the cheap ones at 30,000THB/15 days.

These are just the expenses required to re-enter the country. You also have to consider the costs to travel abroad and stay for however many days it takes to arrange your visa and all the medical documents required for re-entry.

Here are some useful links that post updates regarding international border openings, travel restrictions, Thai embassies, etc.

https://www.officeholidays.com/coronavirus
https://www.journeysinternational.com/border-report-which-countries-are-open-for-travel-updated-weekly/
https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel/covid-19-guide-for-travelers-in-thailand.php
http://www.thaiembassy.org/main/

Spain has an embassy in Madrid, and the borders are open for europeans and arrivals from Thailand

On 8/23/2020 at 4:58 AM, FlyingThai said:

Why would you need to serve a quarantine period in Singapore? Applying for the visa in Singapore means you're already there because you can't enter unless you're a resident. And nobody would be as insane to leave SG and then coming back, even if permitted by the government.

You can enter if from Australia , Taiwan and Vietnam and a 7 day quarantine applies.

9 hours ago, abigfan said:

I am in the USA and wondering if B visas are currently being processed, and if I have one will I be able to enter Thailand.  Do any of you know if that is allowed yet?

The only way to enter the country at this time is to apply for a certificate of entry to board a repatriation flight to here.

If you qualified and a had WP3 work permit application if the non-b was to be issued to work for a company. A WP3 would not be required if teaching.

Inof is here on the Thai embassy's website in Washington DC. https://thaiembdc.org/visas/