Help. Long version uk birth certificate needed

Hi all,

Hope you can help just been going through whats needed for getting my 2 sons uk passports and just noticed that i need the long version birth certificate and i only have the small version .

Can this be done online and is it accepted?

Also can translations of my sons birth certificates be done at trendy as last time i translated them locally and they refused them.

Thanks in advance.

You can order a copy of your long form birth certificate here, both online and by telephone:

https://www.gov.uk/order-copy-birth-death-marriage-certificate#more-information

The copy is acceptable for all purposes, including for your children's passport applications. One tip I would offer is to order two copies and give one each to your children when they are older. This is because in certain circumstances your long form birth certificate might be needed if they are possibly able to claim British citizenship for their children. If your children were born in Thailand the chances are this might not happen, but it will save a bit of time and hassle in the future if your long form birth certificate is needed.

Translations can be completed by any translator who can certify the work. There are agencies that will accept a clear photo of your birth certificate by email or Line. You bank transfer them the money and they will post you the completed translations by EMS. You don't even have to leave the house.

• Like 2

Copies cost £14 each and will take 15 days, unless you pay £38 per copy for next day delivery somewhere?  UK I guess.

The passport people want MY and Mum's birth & marriage certificates for my son's new daughter's passport.

Where do the certificates come from............The Passport Office, Liverpool.

3 hours ago, stouricks said:

Copies cost £14 each and will take 15 days, unless you pay £38 per copy for next day delivery somewhere?  UK I guess.

2 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Thanks for the help so without this long form birth certificate i will need to get it sent to my parents in the uk and then on to me here in Thailand.

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/certificates/faq.asp

Looks like the Priority Service includes a DHL Overseas Delivery facility at (presumably) an unspecified (as far as I can tell) extra cost. Using it should result in the delivery time proving shorter than in the case of the certificate going the pretty way via a UK address.

• Like 1

Am I just being dumb, always a possibility.

But if your children are applying for a UK passport, and the OP talks about translation, so I'm again assuming they were born in Thailand, what has a UK birth certificate got to do with this?

As an American, we register overseas births at the embassy, but the birth certificate is still from the country of birth.

This is more out of curiosity than anything

Edited by GinBoy2

2 minutes ago, GinBoy2 said:

Am I just being dumb, always a possibility.

But if your children are applying for a UK passport, and the OP talks about translation, so I'm again assuming they were born in Thailand, what has a UK birth certificate got to do with this?

As an American, we register overseas births at the embassy, but the birth certificate is still from the country of birth.

This is more out of curiosity than anything

Maybe he needs his own Birth certificate the get his kids a UK passport ?

2 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

Maybe he needs his own Birth certificate the get his kids a UK passport ?

Yes, that is definitely the case. Luckily I had my long form UK birth certificate when I applied for UK passports for both my sons.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Yes sorry it was my birth certificate that was needed .

Assuming that you're not yet in receipt of the UK State Pension, there will be another opportunity for you to use your new birth certificate when you submit your claim to DWP (or whatever they're known as by then!).