Building a house on SCG Smartboards

RomanYapi

I am looking to built a house on some farmland, single story, 5 bedrooms, unfortunately the budget is really tight.

To be as cost and time efficient as possible, i would consider to built the house using SCG (or another brand) Smartpanels with the steel frame.

In some countries similar fibre cement panels are used and then filled with some kind of expanding mix (Pioner), here i seen just the insulation packs, which i suppose may do the job?

Anybody have any experience with this, will it save time and money over the conventional building methods?

1 hour ago, Don Chance said:

Metal frame, and metal or fiber panels for exterior walls on a concrete foundation. Then create a airtight envelope with plastic. Air con inside.

As Don says use something like sandwich Panel(No need for Cladding or extra panels) and C Channel for your upright structure, normal roof all metal framed normal concrete floor. This is the method we are using and have used for a few years now in hot weathered countries with no problems. Really this is the next step up from Using Iso containers and their is no need to use CCM blocks or anything else these structures are fit for purpose. Another alternative for Sandwich panel would be SIP's but unsure of availability of panels within Thailand. We have a company currently in the UK producing SIP lodges for all year use even in the UK. 

Hope this Helps

On 8/24/2020 at 6:20 AM, RomanYapi said:

To be as cost and time efficient as possible, i would consider to built the house using SCG (or another brand) Smartpanels with the steel frame.

It’s doesn’t really work out much cheaper than  cement and bricks building this way.

Edited by taninthai

15 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

But it is easier and requires less skill. 

That is questionable how hard is it to lay bricks?..Thais been doing it for years ,plaster board walls inside not ideal in high humidity,,,have to build metal frames for all windows and doors going the steel and cement board route,need more sound proofing,my mate has built both ways he actually thinks steel and cement board is more expensive.