Insurance

Patriot

Good afternoon.

If I depart Thailand for a couple of months and return using my Retirement Visa, am I still required to have the COVID-19 Insurance for the minimum of US$100,000??

(I'm aware that Ret Visa returnees are pretty low in the pecking order of returnees, but I'll be armed with marriage and child's birth certificates.)

1 hour ago, stouricks said:

Why would you need marriage & child certificates if you are on a retirement EXTENSION.

I believe that proving one is a  spouse or parent of a Thai citizen pushes you up the pecking order. Retirement only visa holders have to wait their turn ??????

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Patriot said:

I believe that proving one is a  spouse or parent of a Thai citizen pushes you up the pecking order. Retirement only visa holders have to wait their turn ??????

YOU might believe it but I do not. Everyone get in the correct queues, one for retirement EXTENSIONS and one for marriage EXTENSIONS.

You are going for a Retirement Extension which is much easier and therefore quicker than a Marriage one.

If by retirement visa you mean an oa/ox visa then you cant' return yet or even get on a list, if you are the spouse/parent of a Thai, then you are eligible for a repatriation flight, you will need to go through  the embassy of whatever country you are in and meet their requirements

covid-19 insurance with $100 000 cover is needed for anyone entering thailand as well as 14 days quarantine,

without these you will not get  a COE.

best visit the Thai embassy website in the country you are planning to be in, you might not be getting back to thailand anytime soon though

Edited by howerde
  • Thanks 1