Pattaya: FIVE YEARS until tourism is back to previous levels, says tourism leader

webfact

2 hours ago, pattayadude said:

everybody should stay the #uck put in their country and stop wanting to travel like bunch of maniacs until this virus, a direct result of this traveling craze, is in control or eradicated.

Yeah maybe.... just watched someone being interviewed on Sky who had cancelled a trip to Vegas and was now whining Portugal was closed to her. In reality she needs a few months on a health farm.

Edited by jacko45k

On 8/25/2020 at 12:14 PM, JusticeGB said:

Just hope that Pattaya uses that time to upgrade its flooding and sewerage problems yet alone solve the annual shortage of water.

Don't hold your hand over your ass.it might grow there.I seriously doubt any of that will change based on the past performance.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:00 AM, kingdong said:

vietnam?

We spent 3 weeks there before Covid and I really liked it! Nah Trang was great. To move is a big undertaking as we'd have to sell our paid up house..whos buying these days in Pattaya?

And the visa runs may be bothersome..no 1 year visas for Canucks.

But it was very easy to get around (Grab) and lots of English spoken.Tons of Ruskies % Chinese tourists everywhere.Thats a bit of a downside.The home-stay  digs we stayed in had China neighbors and they are the s-its.

• Like 1

On 9/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, Don Chance said:

Yes it's a military vaccine, they have vaccinated front line people, on the border etc. Some foreign workers.

You know how China does things, they don't fool around.

I could say why they might have a working vaccine 6 months after they spread it to the world, but it might be construed as a conspiracy theory.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:48 AM, Don Chance said:

Vaccines will be available widely by next year, then tourist will skyrocket. Maybe people will have less money and travel less but it won't be bad.

No "maybe" about it. Millions unemployed because work closed, taxes go up to pay for the money borrowed. This won't be over for a long time.

BTW, even if people are able to travel, I doubt Pattaya will be top of the list of must see destinations.

On 9/2/2020 at 9:54 AM, Don Chance said:

Yes it's a military vaccine, they have vaccinated front line people, on the border etc. Some foreign workers.

You know how China does things, they don't fool around.

and during SARS they reportedly gave patients so much steroid it destroyed the joints. I'll avoid the Chinese solutions thanks.

• Confused 1

On 8/31/2020 at 6:00 AM, kingdong said:

vietnam?

Vietnam is already Thailand's main competitor in the region.  They are progressing very fast.  They have already captured a percentage of Thailand's lost western tourism market.  The numbers are growing, exponentially. 

Whilst Thailand persists with its tired old way of doing things, Vietnam is building it bigger and better.     

On 8/31/2020 at 7:43 AM, jacko45k said:

And perhaps learn a lesson not to be so dependent on outside sources and change their ways... probably not though, easy money is so attractive.

It will be at least another 18 months before any "easy money" starts to return to Thailand.  

4 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I doubt many farangs of the sort that used to crowd Pattaya bar beers will be affluent enough to fly an expensive plane to LOS no matter how eased the entry requirements are.

I read of some pretty horny guys chomping at the bit back home....

5 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Do they have to do 2 weeks forced quarantine in a hotel, at their own expense, when they return?  

At the moment yes, and just today I was talking to someone just out of ASQ, did not enjoy the experience at all! Most seem unwilling to accept this.

59 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Vietnam is already Thailand's main competitor in the region.  They are progressing very fast.  They have already captured a percentage of Thailand's lost western tourism market.  The numbers are growing, exponentially. 

Whilst Thailand persists with its tired old way of doing things, Vietnam is building it bigger and better.     

..... but at the end of the day Vietnam is Vietnam and Thailand is LOS - a small but significant difference ... :thumbsup:

Edited by ttrd

28 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

At the moment yes, and just today I was talking to someone just out of ASQ, did not enjoy the experience at all! Most seem unwilling to accept this.

Until certain requirements are lifted in Thailand's big tourism markets, Eg:  UK, USA, Australia etc, it will not matter what restrictions are lifted in Thailand, no one is going to holiday here, no matter how horny they are.  ????

36 minutes ago, ttrd said:

..... but at the end of the day Vietnam is Vietnam and Thailand is LOS - a small but significant difference ... :thumbsup:

In the not so distant future, I would not be surprised to see Vietnam become Thailand, and Thailand become Cambodia.   ????