England withdraw Maguire from Nations League squad after trial in Greece

webfact

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

watch his body language during the interview, especially with the sound off, does he look like someone telling the truth?

if his sister had been 'injected' in a bar surely the first place she'd go would be to a hospital, no mention she sought medical assistance following the 'injecting'...

I had read about the story there, but I had sightseeing and drinking to do.

It was a shambles of an interview, embarrassing stuff.

1 minute ago, samsensam said:

watch his body language during the interview, especially with the sound off, does he look like someone telling the truth?

if his sister had been 'injected' in a bar surely the first place she'd go would be to a hospital, no mention she sought medical assistance following the 'injecting'...

I said the same earlier. He couldn’t look Dan Roan in the eye when he was talking. No wonder his Lawyer didnt want him in court. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

Unjust in your eyes. He was found guilty in a court of law to some serious offences that even if you dont recognise and respect,  Southgate does. 

Surely  if they were that serious .. they should have been allowed time to defend... Or don't you believe in people being allowed to defend themselves ...

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

He picked him sure and then on what has to go down as an un just  conviction dropped him.. and in doin so i'de say damaged his locker room cred.. if I was a player in that dressin room  .. i'de be lookin at Southgate in a wholly different light and NOT in a positive way..

They should be looking at him now as someone who is not gonna take bull.s.hit from them and when asked for the truth they give it to him. 

Of course they will look at him I’m a different light because they are a bunch of Prima Donna tosses like Maguire. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kadilo said:

I said the same earlier. He couldn’t look Dan Roan in the eye when he was talking. No wonder his Lawyer didnt want him in court. 

Yeah... So now your saying his non appearance was a good thing?  He's a youngish footballer not an actor and given he'd missed a couple of nites sleep and was still visably stressed seems like a sensible thing to  be doin.and given they were askin for time to prepare and greecs ain't dificult to to.. 

5 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

His story has more holes than Swiss cheese. 

The Albanian guys was the icing on the cake along with him thinking he was being kidnapped????

Im sure he has photos of these Albanians to help his defence. Tbh he comes across so thick I’m not even sure how he would know they were Albanian. 

Yep, most footballers are pretty thick and central defenders even more so, not talented enough to be a creative midfielder lol.

Tbh I found it hard to distingish which nationalties were which, only when I heard them speak did I know they were Greek rather than other nations close by. I'm sure a thick central defender wouldn't have a clue.

4 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Surely  if they were that serious .. they should have been allowed time to defend... Or don't you believe in people being allowed to defend themselves ...

Not hard to see why his lawyer sent him and his allies home double quick if that was his defence he told the BBC. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

So your finding him guilty based on a TV Interview. ...

He was found guilty in a court of law. Did you miss that bit? 

He now has a chance to go for the double. Not the last one he will lose im sure. 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The judge said he needs to sort out his defence. 

Tell us something we dont already know ????

Tbh I hadn't heard him talk before, sounded like Harry Kane, err yeah err, I was scared for my life, err.

You would think he would be good at defence after his price tag lol

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

Tbh I hadn't heard him talk before, sounded like Harry Kane, err yeah err, I was scared for my life, err.

You would think he would be good at defence after his price tag lol

I get people get nervous doing interviews and don’t always come across as well as they would like but he would have been primed and tbh it all sounded very scripted and rehearsed but moreover sounded like a pack of lies. Imo of course. 

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

I get people get nervous doing interviews and don’t always come across as well as they would like but he would have been primed and tbh it all sounded very scripted and rehearsed but moreover sounded like a pack of lies. Imo of course. 

It was very Hans Christian Andersen, a story about getting out of control on the island of Mykonos and trying to cover it up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

It was very Hans Christian Andersen, a story about getting out of control on the island of Mykonos and trying to cover it up.

Yeah must of took some prep once they got home to get all their stories right. 

One thing is for sure. If there was any type of scuffle, Albanian intrusion or Police brutality, it will all be captured on a telephone somewhere. 

He must have some back up for his story or he is doomed. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

Yeah must of took some prep once they got home to get all their stories right. 

Some of the police I saw in Athens had H&K MP5 machine guns around the parliament building, all of the policeman had handguns, sod messing with any of them, same applies in Thailand.

You have to be pretty stupid to mess with foreign police, but if they offer a bribe, that's a different story, but never offer a bribe first.

• Like 1

The YouTube accounts show a pack of wolves beating a guy on the floor. Don't show it as him. He does seem disturbed in some footage in a bar there. There were other high profile people around. Ross Barkley was there and Judd Trump. Maybe not that night but I can understand why ommitting Ross Barkley might be a good idea. 

Getting on a plane looks very bad if you were 100% innocent you don't jet the way he did and then give the worst interview ever.

• Like 1

The court heard that you abused the police. Is that true?

From their statement I am pretty sure they said I hurt a policeman's back and arm. I had the hand in the air, handcuffed, when I tried running away, I didn't realise they were police at the time and thought I was getting kidnapped. I don't think I hurt him. Put it this way: I didn't hurt him as much as they hurt me.

Later on in this interview he claims he was not drunk he was always in control.

So he never realised they were police when they slapped cuffs on him.

This is schoolboy BS. 

This guy makes Rooney look intelligent.

This guy makes Steve ogrizovic look handsome.

This guy makes Ryan giggs look moral.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

He was found guilty of some serious offences. Are you suggesting the Police beat themselves to set him up? 

This is what a few members suggest here. As if Harry is the first or only celebrity going to Mykonos. Every year, scores of celebrities, jet-setters, famous actors and singers, footballers etc descend to Mykonos and yet Harry Maguire is the only celebrity being set up or kidnapped(!)? What a ridiculous claim. He should had thought of something more believable, this story does not even fly with his own people let alone with a judge and the word of 4-5 cops.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Kadilo said:

His story has more holes than Swiss cheese. 

The Albanian guys was the icing on the cake along with him thinking he was being kidnapped????

Im sure he has photos of these Albanians to help his defence. Tbh he comes across so thick I’m not even sure how he would know they were Albanian. 

So let's get it abso right your saying he's guilty based on an interview and that he doesn't come across and he  struggled Infront of the camera to tell his story..and found guilty by a court on some tiny little red neck  island..trust me when I tell you EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYBODY... there are people still there I know from bac in the day.. syros Is TINY..and mykonos smaller..  where he wasnt given the time he wanted to put his defence together .... when you diagnose  what your saying  you actually realise how asolutely ridiculous your arguement sounds.. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

..........some tiny little red neck  island..trust me when I tell you EVERYBODY KNOWS EVERYBODY... there are people still there I know from bac in the day.. 

You sound like you have an attitude similar to what he obviously displayed with your derogatory remarks. Strange how so many celebrities go there on holiday every year and not one has had any grief of this kind. Suddenly we have 4 Policeman all lying, beating each other to set up a celebrity. 

As for you knowing people “bac in the day”  am I supposed to be impressed that you’ve been to Mykonos?  

You more you write the more you sound like Maguire 

Edited by Kadilo
  • Like 1

To be fair to Maguire he did well at school. A + A* but the guy clearly lost that side of himself when he left school. He's just a dumb lad now and that may sound harsh but you do get people who get smarter after school and the sane must be said of the opposite effect.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

You sound like you have an attitude similar to what he obviously displayed with your derogatory remarks. Strange how so many celebrities go there on holiday every year and not one has had any grief of this kind. Suddenly we have 4 Policeman all lying, beating each other to set up a celebrity. 

As for you knowing people “bac in the day”  am I supposed to be impressed that you’ve been to Mykonos?  

You more you write the more you sound like Maguire 

Yeah nice one... Turning on me now.. come up with a rubbish arguement.. and get personal... Didn't vote for.brexit by any chance did you  brexiteers did the same thing..... Come up with nonsence lose and get personal.
 About Mykonos and syros.. I stopped goin when it got popular with morons... Bit like Thailand ..... Both these islands syros u can get around in day visitin everywhere and mykonos a a few hours ..village size and the cops and courts WILL cover each others <deleted>... In-house dealing is and always will be happening,  so gettin a conviction in a court there being denied an opportunity to put a defence together against  AS YOU SAY very serious charges is just PLAIN WRONG... And if f you can't see that then... Well carry on reading the sun, I'm sure it'll put you right.....

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Yeah nice one... Turning on me now.. come up with a rubbish arguement.. and get personal... Didn't vote for.brexit by any chance did you  brexiteers did the same thing..... Come up with nonsence lose and get personal.
 About Mykonos and syros.. I stopped goin when it got popular with morons... Bit like Thailand ..... Both these islands syros u can get around in day visitin everywhere and mykonos a a few hours ..village size and the cops and courts WILL cover each others <deleted>... In-house dealing is and always will be happening,  so gettin a conviction in a court there being denied an opportunity to put a defence together against  AS YOU SAY very serious charges is just PLAIN WRONG... And if f you can't see that then... Well carry on reading the sun, I'm sure it'll put you right.....

There’s nothing personal on my post. The derogatory comment was from yourself calling the islanders of Mykonos “red necks”.......grow up. No wonder people have problems holidaying in places where visitors describe the locals as such. 

Brexit?...........I think you’re in the wrong forum. Go vent your anger there, there’s plenty to choose from. 

The Sun? I normally associate that rag with people who can’t spell, swear unnecessarily and struggle to put two sentences together. 

Edited by Kadilo

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

If you read his interview it is pretty clear he admits hitting officers and in his same sentence refers to them hitting him harder. After he hit them, that is pretty clear to anyone. You do not need to watch the video.

His claims of innocence are seriously deluded. Put it this way, I think his friends and family will have a hard time committing purgery and will all realise he was given an out and he failed to grasp it and move on. He is putting his friends and family in an awful position if they are his witnesses.

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

There’s nothing personal on my post. The derogatory comment was from yourself calling the islanders of Mykonos “red necks”.......grow up. No wonder people have problems holidaying in places where visitors describe the locals as such. 

Brexit?...........I think you’re in the wrong forum. Go vent your anger there, there’s plenty to choose from. 

The Sun? I normally associate that rag with people who can’t spell, swear unnecessarily and struggle to put two sentences together. 

Anger ... No anger here just a logical arguement.. one you FAIL.. time and time again to address.

As for literacy.. stickler for grammar are we now? many full stops do you use in one sentence, something like 13, and the question marks in the right place?

As for getting personal when you tell  someone to 'grow up'.. that's ' a put down .. something you seem prone to doing and feel that its ok, it's not, maybe it makes you feel big, or restores parity to a weak arguement.   I really don't know.. 

all it boils down to is,  when you fail to address an arguement you get personal.. it would be better if you don't like, then don't engage. 

Edited by 3 minus 2

Just a point seems that because they've lodged an appeal which 'nullifies'  the sentence  until the retrial so atm he's got no criminal record just a contested accusation.  so I presume that means he's innocence til proven guilty,. Can't mean he's still guilty, common sense says not.. which makes Southgate reaction even more knee jerk than it was before.. 

47 minutes ago, bert bloggs said:

I am not into football and dont know this guy from a hole in the ground ,but i have read all the reports and to be honest he sounds like a lying little toerag 

Most people with half a have come to the same conclusion. Of course there are always the other half.