England withdraw Maguire from Nations League squad after trial in Greece

webfact

On 8/26/2020 at 4:27 AM, Kadilo said:

Be interesting to see if OGS takes any action at club level after this embarrassment. 

IMHO he should at the very least strip Maguire of the Man Utd captaincy. The sooner he does this the better.

The interview with Dan roan is very bad. Looks like he has maybe not listened to the club and they have given no support in terms of what to say.

I'm not bothered.

That interview is littered with really bad answers. 

I have tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but he does seem to be full of shiiit.

The striking thing is no cameras and Greeks being Greeks I think they may have an Ace in their pocket which they are yet to reveal.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2020 at 1:03 AM, Kadilo said:

Strange that according to the Prosecution, when interviewed by the Police, his Sister made absolutely no reference to any attack by Albanians or anyone else. 

Not strange if Maguire's account was in fact truthful, because if it was, then she was only semi-conscious after having been roofied - which was what started the whole incident off, according to Maguire.

I'm not sure how someone can be arrested, tried, found guilty and sentenced in just over 48 hours. That sounds awfully like a precipitous rush to judgement and doesn't seem to allow for any proper gathering of evidence by either side.

Anyway, he's appealed and under Greek law that means his conviction is automatically quashed pending a new trial, according to an article on the BBC website.

On 8/26/2020 at 4:13 PM, dunroaming said:

I paraphrase.....  "Do you know who I am?  I am the Captain of Manchester United!  I am very rich and I can pay you.  Please do not arrest me".

Do you have any evidence that he said that? Maguire categorically denies having said that or anything even remotely resembling it. As far as I can tell, it's a case of his word against the police and the judge obviously believed the police version.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack Hna said:

The interview with Dan roan is very bad. Looks like he has maybe not listened to the club and they have given no support in terms of what to say.

I'm not bothered.

That interview is littered with really bad answers. 

I have tried to give this guy the benefit of the doubt but he does seem to be full of shiiit.

The striking thing is no cameras and Greeks being Greeks I think they may have an Ace in their pocket which they are yet to reveal.

Car crash tbh. Littered with holes and awful body language to the point he struggled to look Roan in the eye let alone a judge. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kadilo said:

Car crash tbh. Littered with holes and awful body language to the point he struggled to look Roan in the eye let alone a judge. 

Answer to being sorry. Not sorry for anything

Answer to being bothered by not being believed. Not bothered

He was so concerned for the welfare of his sister but he never mentioned her until the last 10 seconds.

This guy makes John Terry look almost respectable.

This guy actually has a bit of the Wayne bridge about him. Sorta confident but crumbles under pressure and never hits the height again. 

No way can u compare this situ to bridges... Bridges Mrs was shagging Terry ie bridges boss..i'de challenge anyone to NOT let it effect their performance at work . same thing  when  rivaldos Mrs had a kid from a team mate.. he was NEVER the same player again and supposedly erickson.... wasn't the same again 4 us  Who did the right thing and left,,  att  bridge was caught on a MASSIVE contract no one was willin to take on.. that and a few injuries his game slipped and the rest is history..       someone  pointed out that this  trial was SO quick... Done and dusted in. ??? 4 days... The appeal is gonna take 18/24 months ... In the mean time the cops reputation is secure whereas if he/they hadn't pushed thru with the trial.. the MAIN  question would/could have been police brutalty island copsect ect  . from the cops point of view Attack is/was the main form of defence especially if they knew video evidence wasn't gonna be submitted.. 

I really don't think Southgate has done the right thing here.. he should have stuck by the lad...this smacks of ' I don't believe you... And or /it's gonna effect you... Which could sort of turns it into a self fulfilling prophecy..which is exactly imo what you don't want... If it was me.. i'de want to hear.. 'were behind you and we believe you' and in you... Which is NOT what Southgate is doing... Exactly the opposite...I hoping  Olly take a more positive and supportive approach.. IT WOULD PAY OFF IMO..

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

No way can u compare this situ to bridges... Bridges Mrs was shagging Terry ie bridges boss..i'de challenge anyone to NOT let it effect their performance at work .

No , John Terry was in a relationship with Wayne Bridges Childs mother BEFORE Bridge had met her , She moved onto Bridge AFTER the relationship with Terry had finished 

35 minutes ago, CorpusChristie said:

No , John Terry was in a relationship with Wayne Bridges Childs mother BEFORE Bridge had met her , She moved onto Bridge AFTER the relationship with Terry had finished 

Fair enuf ... But wasn't there something supposedly goin behind bridges bac.. but bridge never seemed the same player again.  . But I hold me hands up.. I' don't give a flyin and take no interest in players private lifes and Tbh I don't even listen to player  interviews...boring closeted 20 somethings that all they've done is kic a ball for a living  NOT INTERESTING IMO  some of the African players have been about   but the rest..... I like the game and transfer gossip but  it sort of stops there ish...

. This is sort of interestin... Partly  cos of   the willingnes by many to be judgemental based on what the gutter press say and in the contradictorily  way it's been handled within the game in  that the guy says he's 100 % innocence... But hey ....

14 minutes ago, Jack Hna said:

Was not comparing the events was advising this guy looks brittle and he's digging deeper and deeper. This guy may be looking at a custodial sentence now so it is very clear he has gone lone ranger on these decisions.

Didn't he get a suspended sentence?  ..and   he's as you say 'brittle' whats the issue with brittle things.. they break IF YOU DONT HANDLE AND SUPPORT  them ... Makes southgates stand even more dumb.. wether we agree or not he WAS England's 1st choise CB ... And droppin him.... Just can't see the benefit to ANYONE...him the club or England Except it bolsters some subliminal supposed 'moral crusade' that southgate seem to be leading.. why? I'de be interested to hear his explanation.

2 hours ago, Jack Hna said:

Answer to being sorry. Not sorry for anything

Answer to being bothered by not being believed. Not bothered

He was so concerned for the welfare of his sister but he never mentioned her until the last 10 seconds.

This guy makes John Terry look almost respectable.

This guy actually has a bit of the Wayne bridge about him. Sorta confident but crumbles under pressure and never hits the height again. 

Totally agree. 

Im assuming he has video evidence of a lot of the stuff he is saying. At least pictures of the so called Albanians, the Police swooping, the bruises on his legs after they were allegedly bashing them. If not he is on dodgy ground appealing. 4 family/ friend stories vs 4 Police officers. Can’t see a different outcome. 

His answer as to how the officers got injured was laughable. Going on about putting his hand up in the air with one handcuff on lol. 

Yes his sister who was wobbling after being allegedly stabbed, but sounds now he is intimating they attempted something. Then miraculously she was ok on way back and forgot to mention it to the Police. 

Edited by Kadilo

9 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Fair enuf ... But wasn't there something supposedly goin behind bridges bac.. but bridge never seemed the same player again.  . But I hold me hands up.. I' don't give a flyin and take no interest in players private lifes and Tbh I don't even listen to player  interviews...boring closeted 20 somethings that all they've done is kic a ball for a living  NOT INTERESTING IMO  some of the African players have been about   but the rest..... I like the game and transfer gossip but  it sort of stops there ish...

. This is sort of interestin... Partly  cos of   the willingnes by many to be judgemental based on what the gutter press say and in the contradictorily  way it's been handled within the game in  that the guy says he's 100 % innocence... But hey ....

Didn't he get a suspended sentence?  ..and   he's as you say 'brittle' whats the issue with brittle things.. they break IF YOU DONT HANDLE AND SUPPORT  them ... Makes southgates stand even more dumb.. wether we agree or not he WAS England's 1st choise CB ... And droppin him.... Just can't see the benefit to ANYONE...him the club or England Except it bolsters some subliminal supposed 'moral crusade' that southgate seem to be leading.. why? I'de be interested to hear his explanation.

I disagree. I think Southgate to my surprise tbh has managed it really well. 

Listened, trusted in him and gave him the benefit of the doubt and once realised it was a pack of lies, dropped him. Whether he’s number 1, 2 or 3 is irrelevant. He has embarrassed his club, country and lied to the manager. It kind of goes along with his alleged attitude “do you know who I am” Fortunately Southgate has better morals.

OLS should do the same but he won’t cos he’s weak. 

• Like 1

Southgate has acted very fast and that indicates to me that he is unhappy with the players stance and version of events. He has no choice to act quickly based on the info he had learned. He may just see what I think is to be seen about Maguire. He's not as confident or mentally tough to handle this and that itself is a risk for England. You don't say those things in your first interview or any interview. I think he was hammered. But very odd no video evidence at all. 

Just listened to an interview with Greek officials post Maguires BBC interview.

The say his “Albanian” story is beyond belief and was an after reaction. 

The quick trial is not uncommon out there where the charges and evidence is so over whelming and clear. 

The also said the sheer arrogance of him not even bothering turning up in court given that it was so short notice, didnt go down well with the Judge. 

42 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I disagree. I think Southgate to my surprise tbh has managed it really well. 

Listened, trusted in him and gave him the benefit of the doubt and once realised it was a pack of lies, dropped him. Whether he’s number 1, 2 or 3 is irrelevant. He has embarrassed his club, country and lied to the manager. It kind of goes along with his alleged attitude “do you know who I am” Fortunately Southgate has better morals.

OLS should do the same but he won’t cos he’s weak. 

How did Southgate come to realise it was a pack of lies?.. by what the cops said? Or the defence that McGuire wasn't given time to put together?  . It surely cant be the interview  cos didn't he drop.him b4 that was out... And Surely your not  condemning him for the type of UNSUBSTANCIATED   quote the sun and idiot press glefully twist and use RIDICULOUSLY easily for the  hate mob  to bite on... Judging by the way ols has dealt with players he's not had in his plans.. have to say he's far from weak and I fully expect and hope he has his capts bac as I would have hoped southgate should have had.. as for the player.. think i'de be stressed and finding things dificult to handle given what he's going thru NOT HELPED in anyway by southgates imo unfounded moral crusade...

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

How did Southgate come to realise it was a pack of lies?.. by what the cops said? 

He was found guilty of some serious offences. Are you suggesting the Police beat themselves to set him up? 
I have no idea of the conversation he had with Maguire but I’m pretty sure Southgate felt he was lied to and made to look a mug for sticking his neck out. 

2 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

The quick trial is not uncommon out there where the charges and evidence is so over whelming and clear. 

The also said the sheer arrogance of him not even bothering turning up in court given that it was so short notice, didnt go down well with the Judge. 

And that makes him guilty? Overwhelming evidence is pretty common for the prosecutor's cases else they wouldn't bother... His brief would have been there asking and  expecting to be given time to put a defence together.. NOT an unreasonable assumption imo  that if asked for it would be granted.

1 minute ago, Kadilo said:

He was found guilty of some serious offences. Are you suggesting the Police beat themselves to set him up? 
I have no idea of the conversation he had with Maguire but I’m pretty sure Southgate felt he was lied to and made to look a mug for sticking his neck out. 

Your pretty sure?  Enlighten us...and how did Southgate 'stick his neck out for him' looks to me like he di  EXACTLY the opposite..

5 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

And that makes him guilty? Overwhelming evidence is pretty common for the prosecutor's cases else they wouldn't bother... His brief would have been there asking and  expecting to be given time to put a defence together.. NOT an unreasonable assumption imo  that if asked for it would be granted.

He should not have expected anything until they had given their decision. As I said, it’s not uncommon for this type of trial to be heard in this time frame. His brief should know that too. His well paid  brief dropped a bollo.ck straightaway be letting him run home. 

Edited by Kadilo

3 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Your pretty sure?  Enlighten us...and how did Southgate 'stick his neck out for him' looks to me like he di  EXACTLY the opposite..

By initially picking him and believing his bull.  How is that not sticking his neck out for a guy that is alleged to have committed assault etc?

Edited by Kadilo

6 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

He should not have expected anything until they had given their decision. As I said, it’s not uncommon for this type of trial to be heard in this time frame. His brief should know that too. His well paid  brief dropped a bollo.ck straightaway be letting him run home. 

Sori... He shouldn't have expected what?... Sure no doubt these cases get turned over quickly and so they should  as long as BOTH PARTIES agree to it.. but if not, then to go ahead and find someone guilty 

...well cant you see that's just plain wrong...

12 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

By initially picking him and believing his bull.  How is that not sticking his neck out for a guy that is alleged to have committed assault etc?

He picked him sure and then on what has to go down as an un just  conviction dropped him.. and in doin so i'de say damaged his locker room cred.. if I was a player in that dressin room  .. i'de be lookin at Southgate in a wholly different light and NOT in a positive way..

Edited by 3 minus 2

20 minutes ago, Kadilo said:

I saw his interview on BBC news last night, what a pathetic story it was. I was walking around the streets of Athens between midnight and 1am, looked quite safe, didn't see many gangster types either. Quite a lot of homeless people and refugees hanging around, but plenty of police everywhere.

All the bars have to close at midnight, so a bunch high spending footballers probably thought they could do whatever they wanted to.

1 minute ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Sori... He shouldn't have expected what?... Sure no doubt these cases get turned over quickly and so they should  as long as BOTH PARTIES agree to it.. but if not, then to go ahead and find someone guilty 

...well cant you see that's just plain wrong...

Well clearly the defence didn’t have enough time to put together the bull that Maguire has subsequently come out with so I guess in that respect They got caught cold. 

HIs Lawyer should not have expected an adjournment given the seriousness and clarity of the evidence given that’s how it works out there, and letting Maguire run home like a naughty boy made things even worse. 

2 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

He picked him sure and then on what has to go down as an un just  conviction dropped him... 

Unjust in your eyes. He was found guilty in a court of law to some serious offences that even if you dont recognise and respect,  Southgate does. 

1 minute ago, tribalfusion001 said:

I saw his interview on BBC news last night, what a pathetic story it was. I was walking around the streets of Athens between midnight and 1am, looked quite safe, didn't see many gangster types either. Quite a lot of homeless people and refugees hanging around, but plenty of police everywhere.

All the bars have to close at midnight, so a bunch high spending footballers probably thought they could do whatever they wanted to.

watch his body language during the interview, especially with the sound off, does he look like someone telling the truth?

if his sister had been 'injected' in a bar surely the first place she'd go would be to a hospital, no mention she sought medical assistance following the 'injecting'...

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, tribalfusion001 said:

His story has more holes than Swiss cheese. 

The Albanian guys was the icing on the cake along with him thinking he was being kidnapped????

Im sure he has photos of these Albanians to help his defence. Tbh he comes across so thick I’m not even sure how he would know they were Albanian. 

• Like 1