Transit Singapore now open from Bangkok

Olmate

689CA1FD-223E-4464-98C2-8EC077C0683B.thumb.png.c39b15acbb556a88d1b7c6794291507f.pngToday Qatar which has been the  main provider of flights to Oz have stopped taking bookings because of the caps and huge backlog of pax. Scomo has stuffed the whole show now!

Edited by Olmate

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps even stranger, Emirates are flying to/from Bangkok from 1st September, one flight a day. I can only assume they are being used as repatriation flights because, as we all know, almost no-one is allowed entry.

There are several airlines with flights out of Thailand all the time. They don't have to be repatriation flights. 

On 8/31/2020 at 11:08 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Perhaps even stranger, Emirates are flying to/from Bangkok from 1st September, one flight a day. I can only assume they are being used as repatriation flights because, as we all know, almost no-one is allowed entry.

Not repatriation flights as arranged by the embassies, but BKK is a transit point on this flight to Hong Kong.  If Emirates are happy for someone to disembark there then it's another opportunity opening for those wanting to return.  Emirates do point out in the booking process that passengers booking to BKK need to comply with all the Thai entry requirements.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2020 at 5:08 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

Emirates has been flying through BKK for a while, to/from HKG.

EK 384/385 flies daily DXB-BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB. Passengers can fly BKK-DXB, DXB-(BKK)-HKG, HKG-(BKK)-DXB assuming they meet the requirements. Passengers cannot get off at BKK. Not sure if EK is operating any Thai-approved repat flights. If so, then obviously those pax can deplane at BKK.

Think Emirates requires COVID-19 PCR test for ALL pax.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

EK 384/385 flies daily DXB-BKK-HKG-BKK-DXB. Passengers can fly BKK-DXB, DXB-(BKK)-HKG, HKG-(BKK)-DXB assuming they meet the requirements. Passengers cannot get off at BKK. Not sure if EK is operating any Thai-approved repat flights. If so, then obviously those pax can deplane at BKK.

It's been reported that these transit flights can let passengers with the correct paperwork off at BKK, and the UK Embassy at least has said they will issue COE to passengers booked on these flights.  Seems similar to the KLM transit flights where arrivals into BKK have been "confirmed" on the internet.

The Thai approved repatriation flights only rule seems to be taking a bit of a slide.

18 minutes ago, treetops said:

It's been reported that these transit flights can let passengers with the correct paperwork off at BKK

Well, they would be denied boarding if they did not have the proper paperwork.

I have no knowledge that EK384/385 operate as the last leg of CoE transport. But did already say that pax so designated can deplane at BKK.

I am more familiar with the CoE flights ex-USA this month, with last legs into BKK on QR, CX, OZ, KE, JL, BR. 2,250 seats across ~ 16 flights (last segment).

KL, AF and BR (and EK) are all operating tag flights though BKK.

40 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:
On 8/31/2020 at 5:08 PM, Bangkok Barry said:

If the airline is specifically promoting the fact that they fly to Bangkok from 1st September then I assume they expect passengers can deplane there - which they can't. Otherwise, why promote what they have already been doing which, as you say, is flying to/through Bangkok anyway? Very odd.

They do, though, cover all covid-related costs, including quarantine if necessary.

On 9/6/2020 at 2:54 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

If the airline is specifically promoting the fact that they fly to Bangkok from 1st September then I assume they expect passengers can deplane there - which they can't. Otherwise, why promote what they have already been doing which, as you say, is flying to/through Bangkok anyway? Very odd.

They do, though, cover all covid-related costs, including quarantine if necessary.

Passengers can deplane in BKK without any issues.  I suspect that prior to 1st September they were carrying freight and HKG bound passengers only, and only since then have had their own systems in place to ensure they don't land anyone they shouldn't.