Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

thanks, I haven't decided which bike to buy yet and am just researching a bit. Just looked at the classifieds but couldn't see your faring for sale. How much are you selling it for?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Tyga-style-B...ir-t274935.html

negotiable on price. Don't need it because I have an fzr.

Okay, that looks great, no idea if it'd would fit, possibly not the back due to the seat but... I'm probably going to go for a cbr150, just priced some 2nd hand ones near by, from 4-7 yrs old, and from 38-45K baht. So maybe soon... will contact you about the fairings if I go for one anyway, cheers.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simon in that age range the Cbr's should be 33thou up. a 2 year old one should be about 45 thou. I do not think the fairings will fit unless you do some serious cutting and joining to it. they are designed for a 4 cylinder bike so a fair bit wider.

Well the search is over. After months of trying to locate a non IRC 110 or 120 rear for my 03 model, I discovered a 120/80 Excella at Red Road by Airport Plaza. It was a second hand tire, but clearly almost brand new. I needed a new chain to get a bit more clearance, but with the price of the chain and install included my bill came to 560 baht, pretty sweet eh?

Here is a couple of pics one compares the old with the new, the other is a profile. I know I seriously need to get rid of that scratched up old muffler.

The tread is quite pronounced, but it should do well in the rain. As for pushing it in the corners, I have learned not to do that anymore.

back.jpg

full.jpg

The tire looks great, as does your paint! I agree with Dave Boo that you need to replace the front meat too. Michelins saved me last week as I ripped around a corner of Canal Road to find inch diameter rock spilled all across the lanes. I slid about three times but the tires hooked up right away after each bit of rock. Only damage was to my underwear! Serves me right for driving faster than my event horizon!

The tire looks great, as does your paint! I agree with Dave Boo that you need to replace the front meat too. Michelins saved me last week as I ripped around a corner of Canal Road to find inch diameter rock spilled all across the lanes. I slid about three times but the tires hooked up right away after each bit of rock. Only damage was to my underwear! Serves me right for driving faster than my event horizon!

:):D Classic.

Yeah I know I need to change the front, but it refuses to wear down. I am a bit cheap you see.

Also, I wonder how long it will take me to find a non IRC front. I assume it will be easier.

The place you got your Michelins, does it have an address or do you know the way?

Dave Boo: I think it is more like the D-Tracker. I wonder what size rim comes stock on the D'?

Yeah I know I need to change the front, but it refuses to wear down. I am a bit cheap you see.

Also, I wonder how long it will take me to find a non IRC front. I assume it will be easier.

The place you got your Michelins, does it have an address or do you know the way?

Dave Boo: I think it is more like the D-Tracker. I wonder what size rim comes stock on the D'?

17" with 110/70 130/70 front/rear. (and I meant d-tracker...so solly).

I got my Michelins from the Chiang Mai Biker Shop, Khun Pipat. That is the shop on the left as you go from the moat to the Airport Plaza. He got them for me in two days. Good Luck!

post-498-1245669221_thumb.jpg

I have been wanting a new silencer/ muffler/ baffle, whatever you call it where you come from, for some time now. My problem has been in getting a a qualitative answer on the noise level increase a given model will produce. I want to increase air flow, I don't want much of a noise increase. When I was a kid I would run a straight pipe and think it was cool. Today I like bikes that sound good, not offensive.

Anyhow I can't get an answer from a shop, so I will present two (silencers?) and hopefully someone will be able to share some knowledge on the issue. Both of these models are available at aseanmoto.c_m. One is Endurance brand, the other is NMF

post-10408-1245995890_thumb.jpg

post-10408-1245995904_thumb.jpg

Canuck the endurance is noisy (but can be repacked). I have a 2nd hand complete set, alloy muffler and stainless pipe. you can have for 2,000 + ems postage.

The NMF is ok with the db killer installed.

canuck its the alloy muffler not the carbon. I thought it was when i ordered and they just sent the wrong one when i complained they said ok send it back. I was like i ordered the other one send that to me. All they said out of stock, tough.

They cost me 3500b. I can get it repacked no probs (bout 100 baht). i also have a brand new muffler if ya want it 800b or if you get it with the other one. the lot for 2,500. Thats 2 mufflers (1 new) and the down pipe(same as on the blue cbr) for 2500 + ems postage at cost (2-300b).

I got my Michelins from the Chiang Mai Biker Shop, Khun Pipat. That is the shop on the left as you go from the moat to the Airport Plaza. He got them for me in two days. Good Luck!

TDog, I toyed around Mahidol Road, opposite Niyom Panich, and couldnt locate that bike shop. Before Amway and Rimping? After the ramp up to the flyover?

canuck its the alloy muffler not the carbon. I thought it was when i ordered and they just sent the wrong one when i complained they said ok send it back. I was like i ordered the other one send that to me. All they said out of stock, tough.

They cost me 3500b. I can get it repacked no probs (bout 100 baht). i also have a brand new muffler if ya want it 800b or if you get it with the other one. the lot for 2,500. Thats 2 mufflers (1 new) and the down pipe(same as on the blue cbr) for 2500 + ems postage at cost (2-300b).

I am thinking the carbon is the way to go aesthetically, but let me think on it.

thanks for the offer.

TDog, I toyed around Mahidol Road, opposite Niyom Panich, and couldnt locate that bike shop. Before Amway and Rimping? After the ramp up to the flyover?

Peace you are in the right area. It is WELL before Rimping, so you probably went past it before you started looking. Easy to do on our speedy 150's! I see that it is labeled "Biker Shop" on the CM Big Map so here is an image.

You have to look for bikes on the sidewalk or in the shop. Don't remember if there is a sign in front or not.

post-498-1246009921_thumb.jpg

Hello all, ive read most of this thread and got some good info :) i have owned my cbr 150 for 2 years now and i love it. done 40.000 km on it and no problems at all. lately i have put an endurance exhaust, and a k+n airfilter on it. i tried to rejet the carb but damaged the screw heads so guess il just leave it the way it is ..

best wishes to all and safe riding :D

Edited by chuppachops

Chuppa. If you have the exhaust and the k&n. You will defo need to REJET. it will be way to lean resulting in overheating and possible piston meltdown. Just take it to a good bike shop they will have those jets out and new ones done in no time at all. A few people should be able to give advice on jet sizes eg: Phobic, Sinewave as i believe they are running similar setups.

approx 2 sizes up, and adjust the air/fuel screw so the idle returns quickly and doesnt 'float' when revving at a standstill when coming back down to idle.

the sound of the bike should not be to high pitched when revving to 8-9k(lean)...it should have a distinctive 'round' sound when revving.

if it drops back down to idle speed to quickly, it's probaby too rich.

the original pipe has a honeycomb catalytic convertor inside about 7" away from the tail end, with a new pipe the bikes rpms will climb faster in the 9-12k rpm region. At highspeeds your bikes rpm's will also be higher, because your losing back pressure.

if the bike is older than 5 years, change the fuel valve under the gas tank...they can malfunction and will make your bike run lean and a bit hotter....350 baht.

usually the pipes without the argon welded sections (goldbands around the joints) don't have to be rejetted as high, because they use a smaller diameter pipe.

if the k&n is a cone filter install a longer pipe which connects the filter to the carburetor, if that pipe is too short, you will lose topend pull...but gain on lowend....at highspeeds when you let off the throttle, the bike will drop speeds quicker when coasting, with a short air intake pipe...and driveability wont be as comfortable...louder doesnt mean faster.

phobic had his filter installed inside the original airbox, so that pretty much keeps the orignal resonant cycle of the air intake, and keeps the sound down at the same time.

Well, after much deliberation I did it.......bought my second CBR150.

My old bike had clocked up 56000k plus. (and I strongly suspect it had more than the 5000 on the clock reading when I bought it) And was now very noisy and a lot of vibrations...all pointing to expensive solutions. I checked the cost of a re-con but there were other things that needed attention also......new tyres, brakes, gearbox, and numerous small items that have a habit of adding up. I figured somewhere between 15,000 and 20,000B to bring it back to good order. It still looked like new but mechanicly was definately aged.

I then got a quote as a trade in on a new bike.......27,000 B WOW. So adding the repair cost to that, meant a new bike was setting me back around 20,000 B I felt that was a no brainer......so now I am the proud owner of a brand new black CBR150. Everything new and 2 year warranty.

Had it for 3 days...already done over 400km in normal daily running. I find I am running it in and easily creeping up to the same speeds/revs as I was using on the old bike.....running out hehe. Much smoother and quieter. I like it.

Looked at a Kawa 250, I like it.... but for the extra 100,000 B The maybe? small increase in performance achievable in my daily commuting, less agile in the heavy traffic conditions I drive in, really pointed to the CBR being the better choice.

Hello all, ive read most of this thread and got some good info :) i have owned my cbr 150 for 2 years now and i love it. done 40.000 km on it and no problems at all. lately i have put an endurance exhaust, and a k+n airfilter on it. i tried to rejet the carb but damaged the screw heads so guess il just leave it the way it is ..

best wishes to all and safe riding :D

Like Sinewave said, i went 2 sizes up and it works fine. had to change the screw for air/fuel intake some but not that much. I tried both with the cone and airbox filter, the cone filter increased the sound alot and i lost some power in the high rpms but that is prolly coz i didnt have a long enough pipe to the filter ( like sinewave mentioned ), but the lowend power went up more, but not worth it for me since im driving on highways alot. I now use the airbox filter which i like more, less sound, and better pull in the high rpms... i tried to make more holes in the airbox aswell but i lost power in the 6th gear so i change back.

this is with a aftermarket pipe and k&n airfilter ( in the airbox ).

/peace

I buy new bikes and new cars, usually. Used bikes have been nothing but trouble for me, in developing countries where neither Pedro or Somchai could run it or fix it. When they get unreliable, I trade up. Virtually no modifications to any vehicle in the last 43 years. The factories had 119 graduate engineers to design them right.

I buy new bikes and new cars, usually. Used bikes have been nothing but trouble for me, in developing countries where neither Pedro or Somchai could run it or fix it. When they get unreliable, I trade up. Virtually no modifications to any vehicle in the last 43 years. The factories had 119 graduate engineers to design them right.

And 224 accountants to reduce the costs and make the product within a budget. therefore not always a perfect vehicle or product. Some mechanics here are good. A lot are not.

approx 2 sizes up, and adjust the air/fuel screw so the idle returns quickly and doesnt 'float' when revving at a standstill when coming back down to idle.

the sound of the bike should not be to high pitched when revving to 8-9k(lean)...it should have a distinctive 'round' sound when revving.

if it drops back down to idle speed to quickly, it's probaby too rich.

the original pipe has a honeycomb catalytic convertor inside about 7" away from the tail end, with a new pipe the bikes rpms will climb faster in the 9-12k rpm region. At highspeeds your bikes rpm's will also be higher, because your losing back pressure.

if the bike is older than 5 years, change the fuel valve under the gas tank...they can malfunction and will make your bike run lean and a bit hotter....350 baht.

usually the pipes without the argon welded sections (goldbands around the joints) don't have to be rejetted as high, because they use a smaller diameter pipe.

if the k&n is a cone filter install a longer pipe which connects the filter to the carburetor, if that pipe is too short, you will lose topend pull...but gain on lowend....at highspeeds when you let off the throttle, the bike will drop speeds quicker when coasting, with a short air intake pipe...and driveability wont be as comfortable...louder doesnt mean faster.

phobic had his filter installed inside the original airbox, so that pretty much keeps the orignal resonant cycle of the air intake, and keeps the sound down at the same time.

thanks for all the tips guys. i would love to take it to a good garage my problem is i cant find one here in phuket.. i took it to one to put a new sparkplug in last week, he took the tank off and balanced it on the back, 2 mins later it fell off onto the concrete floor and damaged it, they alto lost the rubber insert that slots the tank into the frame :) .. really peed off about it they snapped the wires going from the tank to tell how much petrol is in too.

my k+n filter is the type that goes into the stock airbox.

dont suppose anyone knows a good garage in phuket? i could change the main jet myself as i have one here that is #122 2 sizes up from 115 ? its just i damaged the screws on the carb so now i cant loosen them. it defo doesnt run as sweet as it used to before i made the changes. it runs fine though just not as friuty.

oh the joys of bike ownership haha

I'm thinking about getting a few performance bits for my cbr150 but really don't like mail order. Wondering if anyone has actually visited the Goodspeed factory/shop on the Bangna-Trad Rd? Would much sooner pay them a visit and buy there....