Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

I'm thinking of buying one when I've finished paying off my Fino in a month or two. Does anyone know how the financing would work out on a new one and also what colours are still available? Is it just the standard colours or can you still get the Repsol colours or the black and orange one?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinking of buying one when I've finished paying off my Fino in a month or two. Does anyone know how the financing would work out on a new one and also what colours are still available? Is it just the standard colours or can you still get the Repsol colours or the black and orange one?

just the standard colours available; red, blue or red. You can buy the full set of Repsol stickers from a dealer for about Baht 1800. Repainting is not expense, the paint job on mine was B4500, and i had the gf's bike painted a single colour for B3000.

Ok, don't know what happened, but my original posting seems to have vanished in the haze, as the Beatles would say.

First moved the Chiang Mai about 2 years ago. At that time my new wife had a 5 yr old 135 Yamaha Elegance which ran great. We kept that until a year ago when we traded it for a Yamaha X1R (135cc), which was, and is, a great little bike. Very quick, but also very light and doesn't feel real steady when you start hitting 110 kph.

Then one day we went to large store which handles all sorts of appliances, computers, etc, and at one end of the place is a Honda Dealership. They had a blue CBR 150 that I loved, and was actually going to by, but the sales rep told my wife to tell me not to buy yet, that the new models would be out in a month or so, and that the newer ones had some improvements over last years model. Ok, that sounded good to me. So in the meantime we bought a Air Blade for her, and for us to use as a "family bike". Beautiful bike, handles well, and with the red/white paint scheme, it gets a lot of attention.

Anyway, the guy finally calls and says they have a black one that they just got in that morning. We rush down there and I absolutely fell in love with it. Two hours later I drove it home.

I'm 5'8", 150 lbs, but the bike feels very comfortable under me, whether I'm sitting at a stop light, crusing through town, or seeing how many cars and other bikes I can pass, and how quickly, on the way home from the city. I actually live about 18 k east of C.M. itself, on the way to San Kamphang, and once I hit the highway, except during rush hour, I run 120 - 140 kph, head down, chest on the gas tank, and grinning from ear to ear. And I'm 60 yrs old. lol.

I did add a box on the back, high gloss black like the bike, and have 2 gold dragon decals on the side panels. Regardless of where I go, everyone looks at the bike. I did have one guy on a 125 Honda rev his engine and act like he wanted to race. I let him jump the light and get through the intersection before I dumped the clutch and passed him a few seconds later while still in 4th gear, waving "bye-bye" to him as I shot past.

I love this bike and the way it performs, not to mention the way it looks. My wife, who is only 148 cm tall, and all of 44 kilo, loves to jump on it once in a while and go screaming into Bosang, but she has to wear her boots with the tallest heels in order to reach the ground. But the other day after pulling into the drive and then laying it down in the grass of the front yard, I told her to stick to her Air Blade, and that the CBR is now off limits to her.

BTW, I gave the Yamaha X1R to my stepson, who loves it. I let him take the CBR out once. He came back and said, "Nice! Very fast! Too much for me!"

We may be neighbors. When I first arrived in Chiang Mai there were only the CBR150 and BMW's. Yesterday I climbed back on my all-black 2008 model for the first time in a month and ran up and down highway 1317. I'm the old guy with no top box, and a blond ponytail. See you at the stop light. :)

We may be neighbors. When I first arrived in Chiang Mai there were only the CBR150 and BMW's. Yesterday I climbed back on my all-black 2008 model for the first time in a month and ran up and down highway 1317. I'm the old guy with no top box, and a blond ponytail. See you at the stop light. :)

Oh, so now you have a new stoplight friend......... We haven't bumped into you since you moved east.

For both of you guys and me too, be careful on HWY 1317. When you are clipping along at 120 and someone "pops" out of oncoming traffic to pass it can get pretty exciting. That seems to happen to me all the time on that road and with only two lanes and mopeds pulling trailers on the shoulder it can be dicey. Some of the fastest lane changes in the world happen on that road!

I did add a box on the back, high gloss black like the bike, and have 2 gold dragon decals on the side panels. Regardless of where I go, everyone looks at the bike.

Live in the Nong Hoi area and seen your bike; does really look great in person; I slow down just to get a better look, letting you pass.

BTW, I gave the Yamaha X1R to my stepson, who loves it. I let him take the CBR out once. He came back and said, "Nice! Very fast! Too much for me!

That's gotta be the biggest reason choices of bikes over 250cc are so limited! I bought a 250 as an injured rider concerned about CM traffic but all the time locals are calling my bike fast, even the police; go figure.

We have had the X-1R also, and it's almost as fast as the CBR150

I go 125 kph on freeway from airport; slower on 1317 between ring roads.

Pretty ballsy on an underbone.....

my notes there are unrelated. Never have had the nerve to exceed 100 kph on any underbone 'scooter.' The Suzuki 150 could do it.

The cbr150 goes over0135 KPH reliably, easily.

Perhaps he prefers to show up on the forum index as the 1,000th on the replies list...

Edit... oops!

SriRacha John, you are as funny as I tried to be! This has been a great topic though, and many people have learned so much about the CBR-150. I guess we have our own little clan right here on Thai Visa. I think Crow has moved on to a different bike and doesn't roost here as often as he used to. Hopefully we will see him up in CM for the party next month.

Perhaps he prefers to show up on the forum index as the 1,000th on the replies list...

Edit... oops!

SriRacha John, you are as funny as I tried to be! This has been a great topic though, and many people have learned so much about the CBR-150. I guess we have our own little clan right here on Thai Visa. I think Crow has moved on to a different bike and doesn't roost here as often as he used to. Hopefully we will see him up in CM for the party next month.

Yes, guilty as charged with the stealing thunder charge.

I don't have a CBR150 myself, but I have to say while perusing the index and being unable to not notice that there were 999 posts on it, I just HAD to visit the thread.

When I saw your witty 1,000th post thunder stealing, it seemed only fitting to steal the other available thunder.

It's great that are so many posters can share the same interest. :)

Enjoy the thread, guys... :D

and Crow Boy...

the 60,000th Thread View is still available... but stay alert as it's happening soon.

Edited by sriracha john

Fishenough

Thanks for the compliment. Actually, I was somewhat concerned that a box on the back might detract from the looks of the bike, but that hasn't been the case.

Other comments: Yeah, 1317 can be treacherous with the way people pop on and off, especially on Sunday mornings when they have the market stretching out for half a mile on both sides and no one paying any attention. I'm always glad when I hit 121, turn left and open it up.

Someone in here said they saw a white CBR 150 with "POLICE" on it. Actually, about a month ago my wife and I saw a group of 15 new white ones together with "POLICE" on them. Have also seen a solid black one and a charcoal gray one with "POLICE" in white letters. It would seem they are getting rid of their Kows in favor of the CBR.

Edit... oops!

Yes, guilty as charged with the stealing thunder charge.

I don't have a CBR150 myself, but I have to say while perusing the index and being unable to not notice that there were 999 posts on it, I just HAD to visit the thread.

When I saw your witty 1,000th post thunder stealing, it seemed only fitting to steal the other available thunder.

It's great that are so many posters can share the same interest. :)

Enjoy the thread, guys... :D

and Crow Boy...

the 60,000th Thread View is still available... but stay alert as it's happening soon.

I bought Crowboy's bike early December and he was heading back to Aust for awhile, no doubt he will grace us with his presense again!

I thought that they were buying Tigers now. Only heard good things about those Boxers....did they not perform to expectations or were they not meeting demand, or is it simply a matter of the right palms being greased? And before someone jumps down my throat about that, remember that a big police person just absconded with a whole bunch of money.....seems crooks are the rule rather than the exception in police line of work (and not only in LOS).

I thought that they were buying Tigers now. Only heard good things about those Boxers....did they not perform to expectations or were they not meeting demand, or is it simply a matter of the right palms being greased? And before someone jumps down my throat about that, remember that a big police person just absconded with a whole bunch of money.....seems crooks are the rule rather than the exception in police line of work (and not only in LOS).

A bunch of CBRs were donated to the Pattaya police a few months ago, but most of the cops around here seem to be riding Boxers. Finish is not as good as the Honda of course, but they still look good, and i have heard that the Boxer doesn't have the same mechanical reliablity of the CBR.

Went down to the local Honda dealer, they still have that black CBR for B66,000. I asked when Honda will bring out a bigger bike and he vaguely said 3 months and probably a 400cc. That would be nice! Still no product info on honda-bigbike.com but something must be happening soon as they now have a english flag icon on the site. Doesn't work of course! :)

The mechanic i use has a NSR for sale, B9,000; no green book, needs a bit of work (not sure what) and been repainted. If anyone is interested i'll find out more.

Rumors about bloomers; Honda seems to have delayed every bike over 200cc. But I pulled alongside of some big black Suzuki today on 1317 today. Big bike. I drove normally and kept up all the way, 8 km in real life. A poster posted on the Chiang Mai forum again, asking for directions to the Tiger dealers. No reply.

The cops in Chonburi have been running white CBR's for 6 years now. I know because I saw one before I bought my 2003 version.

My next door neighbor was a cop and he ran a CBR for a long time and then I saw him with a Boxer. He said the CBR was better. I am not sure why the switch

A bunch of CBRs were donated to the Pattaya police a few months ago, but most of the cops around here seem to be riding Boxers. Finish is not as good as the Honda of course, but they still look good, and i have heard that the Boxer doesn't have the same mechanical reliablity of the CBR.

Went down to the local Honda dealer, they still have that black CBR for B66,000. I asked when Honda will bring out a bigger bike and he vaguely said 3 months and probably a 400cc. That would be nice! Still no product info on honda-bigbike.com but something must be happening soon as they now have a english flag icon on the site. Doesn't work of course! :)

The mechanic i use has a NSR for sale, B9,000; no green book, needs a bit of work (not sure what) and been repainted. If anyone is interested i'll find out more.

Wow..... now if they do a 400 I would have to be into that!! How can we get more info?? What dealer gave that info?

I am tossing up between a engine reco job on my present CBR150, or buy a new one (quoted 63000 plus on road cost 1500) as an intrim bike untill I decide on what bigger bike to buy. If I take the cost of the reco into consideration...a new bike (trade in my present one) will cost me only about 20k more and everything is new!! And 2 year warranty.

Boxer....nah!!! I dont consider can compare as a sport bike

The Nija 250 although nice is not the increase in performance for the extra money.

The Kawasaki ER6N I dont like but the FR6N may??.... be ok .......but really cannot compare with a 4cyl 600 CBR or Yammy

Wow..... now if they do a 400 I would have to be into that!! How can we get more info?? What dealer gave that info?

I am tossing up between a engine reco job on my present CBR150, or buy a new one (quoted 63000 plus on road cost 1500) as an intrim bike untill I decide on what bigger bike to buy. If I take the cost of the reco into consideration...a new bike (trade in my present one) will cost me only about 20k more and everything is new!! And 2 year warranty.

Boxer....nah!!! I dont consider can compare as a sport bike

The Nija 250 although nice is not the increase in performance for the extra money.

The Kawasaki ER6N I dont like but the FR6N may??.... be ok .......but really cannot compare with a 4cyl 600 CBR or Yammy

It was the Naklua Branch of Mityon. Peace pegged it correctly, probably just the manager making stuff up so he wouldn't lose face. You'd reckon Honda has to bring something out soon. Pleassssse!!!

An engine reco should be cheap. I am thinking of doing the same with mine and waiting tell the end of the year to see what other bikes come out.

Oh, if only Honda would introduce a dual-purpose bike that was as light as the CBR-150.......

post-498-1243494766_thumb.jpg

Take the tyres off and run some screws through the inside out....you can make it up that tree!

:)

Hey, that would help! It was rather slick up there, lots of fun, even without getting on the tree! Used to put screws in our mountain bike tires to ride in the winter......

Ok a small update on my cbr. Had aftermarket pipe when i bought.

-Removed resistor in sparkplug cable boot, replaced it with the end of a silver colored drill ( as i write im waiting for a mold i made to dry for replacing the end of the drill with copper. )

- modified/repaired muffler, had a crack in the wall inside, and had some fiber put in ( still flows good though and sounds alot better, caused alot of vibration before. )

-removed airbox, replace it with cone formed k&n airfilter ( sounds alot but its not an issue where i live, BiB smiles when they see me ).

-cleaned carb, replaced broken vacuum silicon seal

-changed front sprocket to 14T

-put blue halogen bulbs in

Next up is racing cams, jets, 14.500rpm limit CDI, and light weight pistons.

I noticed alot of difference in the low rpms after the changes i made ( before changing front sprocket ) and big difference in high rpms ( 140-150kph in 5th before hittin rev limit ), 6th takes me up to 160-165kph but the 6th is soo long :)

After the change of front sprocket to 14 it accelerates alot faster up to 6th.. but then its slower then before but still manage 150kph..this is on the speedo.. so not actual speed.

my mech got a pro arm for sale that i might buy ( arm and rim ).. but thats a future project. When this is done i might sell or buy a bigger bike. I got another mech that claiming he can make it go 180kph by changing CDI, piston and carb.. but if i want to go fast like that.. i will be better off buying a 400cc vfr/cbr or bigger..but would be fun to try.

The rattling issue i had before is gone now, went to a honda shop and changed a part that sits to the left over the front sprocket on the engine ( forget the name of the piece doh ) but it was broken and mech told me it was a copy.

More updates coming.

/peace

Oh, if only Honda would introduce a dual-purpose bike that was as light as the CBR-150.......

post-498-1243494766_thumb.jpg

Take the tyres off and run some screws through the inside out....you can make it up that tree!

:)

Hey, that would help! It was rather slick up there, lots of fun, even without getting on the tree! Used to put screws in our mountain bike tires to ride in the winter......

Better yet get tyres made from gekko hide!

Here in Chiang Mai it seems that the CBR 150 is becoming the bike of choice for the police. Aside from the 15 or so white ones my wife and I saw a while back in the city, it would seem the police in the city of Bosang are also switching. So far I've see a black one with no decals, only the word "POLICE" stenciled on either side of the tank, one that still has the decals, with "POLICE" also stenciled on it, and a solid gray (which I thought was beautiful!) with "POLICE" stenciled in white.

Last night I went to 7-11 for smokes and when I came out 2 Police on the black one that still has the original decals on it were looking at mine. Through my limited Thai, and one officer's limited English, we managed to get across the message that they liked the box on the back and were going to suggest that the police bikes also get boxes as well. He also liked the gold dragon decals I have on either side of the frame and on the box. :)

I've made a slight alteration on the brakes, front and rear. I had to push down hard on the rear break to really get it to stop the bike, and the front was was just way too "touchy" for me. So I adjusted the rear one to be more responsive, and the front one a little less. Stopping or slowing down, especially when running 100 kph is a lot better now.

post-82655-1244005422_thumb.jpg

Edited by Just1Voice