Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are the odds on finding another 2003 for 17k? the mileage doesnt really concern me, since id send it in for a 1000 baht valve job, and a new set of rings, and bearings.

I read in the chiang mai forum that there are a couple of places (streets) where people park their bikes for personal sales?

Well, if 31k it is, I always wanted to do the ride from Bangkok to Chiang Mai.

Edited by sinewave

Hello again :D

So i was playing around at the parking lot ( removed fairing / cleaning and such ), and a neighbour come up to me and chatting.. in english :o ...anyways i start telling him about my problem, so he starting rev'n and then he took it for a test drive. He told me i should clean the carb and the air filter ( it was breathing old/used air around that power drop 6k-7k rpm ). So i took it to a honda shop and told them what i wanted to be done.

Very nice service and owners daughter speaks english ( not the best but its easy to be understood ). They cleaned the air filter and started working a the carb and they found a problem, i dont know the actual name so ill discribe it for ya.. its a black silicon vacuum seal of some kind with a spring under it and it sits inside on the top of the carb. So the slea had a tear which isnt good i suppose.

I got that change.. a whooping 1000 baht! but ok.. they gave me coffee and let me smoke in the workshop.

The rattling is still there but i noticed that went down alittle, but i have only tested it briefly since the repair.

Dave, thanks for the help.. I got a PM from your friend so i will talk with him.

P.S just found this link...anyone know where to find the exhaust in the video... sounds so nice i might have to go to the bathroom...

//Andreas

Edited by phobic

I hate to ride a bike in the heat with a plug in it. I rode a plugged-tire Seca 400 across Chihuahua State and back into Texas with a FNU on board, and never bothered to tell her about the safety of it. We camped west of the Continental Divide, swam nearly naked in a cold mountain stream....am I off topic? Well, the boyfriend reminds me that those original IRC tires are good for at least 10K km, so I will be looking for replacements after several more months. Will try to manage my way over the opposite side of the metro area soon.

: What's an FNU? oh, and where can I buy a new CBR 150 around Bkk?

Thanks,

John

To add to what Peace Blondie said, I call my ex-GF, now my fiance, the FNU for Female Navigation Unit. She has taken me to some really great places with never a missed step, and she can read a map from any angle. She is also functions as an ESL (Excessive Speed Limiter) and EFA, or Enroute Feeding Accessory. We can stop, pick up some food, hop back on the bike and the food comes around my helmet..... How she manages those long hours on the tiny seat without complaining is beyond me.

We just got back from a trip to Ko Chang..... Check out the CBR-150's they use there as mobile markets. I bought Khao Laum from both of these guys and asked why they use such nice bikes... They said they need the power to go up the steep hills.

post-498-1237725869_thumb.jpg post-498-1237725915_thumb.jpg

Hello again :D

So i was playing around at the parking lot ( removed fairing / cleaning and such ), and a neighbour come up to me and chatting.. in english :o ...anyways i start telling him about my problem, so he starting rev'n and then he took it for a test drive. He told me i should clean the carb and the air filter ( it was breathing old/used air around that power drop 6k-7k rpm ). So i took it to a honda shop and told them what i wanted to be done.

Very nice service and owners daughter speaks english ( not the best but its easy to be understood ). They cleaned the air filter and started working a the carb and they found a problem, i dont know the actual name so ill discribe it for ya.. its a black silicon vacuum seal of some kind with a spring under it and it sits inside on the top of the carb. So the slea had a tear which isnt good i suppose.

I got that change.. a whooping 1000 baht! but ok.. they gave me coffee and let me smoke in the workshop.

The rattling is still there but i noticed that went down alittle, but i have only tested it briefly since the repair.

Dave, thanks for the help.. I got a PM from your friend so i will talk with him.

P.S just found this link...anyone know where to find the exhaust in the video... sounds so nice i might have to go to the bathroom...

//Andreas

Andreas.... Try flipping the rider pegs up to see if that eliminates the rattle. They make a very noticeable and irritating buzz at certain RPM if they are at all worn. It's a common source of noise on the CBR-150. The plastic tank cover also can buzz.

Here's a CBR 150 buzzing about ahead of me.

It's on tour mode, showing to the nay-sayers that you can indeed tour long distance on one of these babies :o

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

T-Dog you mean the passanger pegs right? :o I usually keep em up since my wife isnt very keen on sitting at on the bike ( pregnant ). Yeah they are pretty worn so i might try to tighten them up and see if it changes. I will take a look at the tank cover aswell. thanks for the heads up.

peace

//Andreas

T-Dog you mean the passanger pegs right? :o I usually keep em up since my wife isnt very keen on sitting at on the bike ( pregnant ). Yeah they are pretty worn so i might try to tighten them up and see if it changes. I will take a look at the tank cover aswell. thanks for the heads up.

peace

//Andreas

Yes, the passenger pegs. Mine are tight flipped up, but loose in the down position. Let us know what you finally find as the source. You might want to check out the clutch and throttle cables as well as they easily resonate too.

I changed the clutch cable a 3 months ago so i hope thats not the issue. I will take a peek at the throttle cable ( or ill go to a honda shop and get it changed ). I have been thinking of change the piston heads/rings and camshaft.. that might be a thing i will do same time the throttle cable being changed..

ok so far i have

1. carb job ( cleaning and changed the silicon vacuum seal )

2. checked the engine mount ( took of the fairing, rev'd and driven for a while.. same problemo ) might be this, will further investigate this.

3. Oil the chain, engine

4. Peg rattle ( in upward pos they re tight )

running out of options... hehe

Its not that i cant drive the bike or something like that but i rather get it fixed now when its just a rattle then have something break when im cruising at 90km/h+ ...that would hurt.

peace

//Andreas

I changed the clutch cable a 3 months ago so i hope thats not the issue. I will take a peek at the throttle cable ( or ill go to a honda shop and get it changed ). I have been thinking of change the piston heads/rings and camshaft.. that might be a thing i will do same time the throttle cable being changed..

ok so far i have

1. carb job ( cleaning and changed the silicon vacuum seal )

2. checked the engine mount ( took of the fairing, rev'd and driven for a while.. same problemo ) might be this, will further investigate this.

3. Oil the chain, engine

4. Peg rattle ( in upward pos they re tight )

running out of options... hehe

Its not that i cant drive the bike or something like that but i rather get it fixed now when its just a rattle then have something break when im cruising at 90km/h+ ...that would hurt.

peace

//Andreas

Andreas, The clutch and throttle cables can cause rattle just because they are long and sprung, not because they are old or bad. If it is not supported correctly, it will start to shake fairly hard at certain RPM, and if it happens to hit a fairing or other bit, it can make a lot of noise. Just something to think about.....

Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that I'm also selling my

Honda CBR 150 R 2003 Repsol Team Racer with

52K's on the clock.

DSC_6214o2.jpg

Have my green book and always serviced and cared for. (I've had

it since about 15K on the clock).

In super condition too. (Will need new back tire though).

They are great racing bikes and a lot of fun. But now that

I have a Thai girlfriend I'm more attracted to 'cruising' rather

than 'racing!'

So I have my eyes on an automatic moto something like the

Neuvo or Click etc. Want to go simple. :o

Only 32,000 B for my Repsol teerak...

I'm based in Trang but that shouldn't matter too much.

You can PM me here if you're interested or email me at

martoonsjv [At] gmail dot com ...

Thanks *

Martin

<Added - please use Thai Visa classifieds to sell your bike. Here.>

Edited by soundman

Hi all,

52K's on the clock.

DSC_6214o2.jpg

Have my green book and always serviced and cared for. (I've had

it since about 15K on the clock).

In super condition too. (Will need new back tire though).

They are great racing bikes and a lot of fun. But now that

I have a Thai girlfriend I'm more attracted to 'cruising' rather

than 'racing!'

So I have my eyes on an automatic moto something like the

Neuvo or Click etc. Want to go simple. :o

Only 32,000 B for my Repsol teerak...

I'm based in Trang but that shouldn't matter too much.

You can PM me here if you're interested or email me at

martoonsjv [At] gmail dot com ...

Thanks *

Martin

<Added - please use Thai Visa classifieds to sell your bike. Here.>

Hurley.... Good luck on selling the bike. What is the difference between a Repsol and a straight CBR150 anyway? It has to be more than a paint job.

The CBR has made a good cruising bike for the FNU (female navigation unit) and I. We have over 12000 KM in the past year, two up all over Northern Thailand and down south too. A buddy and I bought a pair of identical CBRs both with 5000 km on the clock. I got mine for just a touch over 35000 as it had a leaky front fork, and my buddy bought the cherry version for 38000.

Hi all,

52K's on the clock.

Hurley.... Good luck on selling the bike. What is the difference between a Repsol and a straight CBR150 anyway? It has to be more than a paint job.

The CBR has made a good cruising bike for the FNU (female navigation unit) and I. We have over 12000 KM in the past year, two up all over Northern Thailand and down south too. A buddy and I bought a pair of identical CBRs both with 5000 km on the clock. I got mine for just a touch over 35000 as it had a leaky front fork, and my buddy bought the cherry version for 38000.

Hi and thanks...

Yes the CBR's are great bikes. Pretty solid. Except that the slightly higher

back seat tends to make my FNU slide into me on occasion. But it's all

worth it. :o

Actually I'm not sure the difference between the Repsol and the

normal CBRs. Probably not much? But... the Repsol certainly has

a color that makes it go faster...

Just wondering - do you T Dog or other riders here use Gasohol 95?

I was using Benzine 91 but it seems down here the Shell servo stations

only do 95 Gasohol now. Can one use both?

I did put the 95 Gasohol in my CBR one time and it felt like I was sitting on a

rocket - but it could have been the local coffee too...

They are really good bikes the Honda engineers are clever cookies.

Yeah, been wondering this too. I used to use Benzene 91 and I just felt like trying Benzene 95. Don't know if it was psychological but it felt faster?!?!?!?

Hi all,

52K's on the clock.

Just wondering - do you T Dog or other riders here use Gasohol 95?

They are really good bikes the Honda engineers are clever cookies.

I've tried the Gasohol 95 on occasion, and the bike ran great. It is not recommended long term apparently because the adhesives, plastic, and rubber in the fuel system were not designed for the high solvent effect of the alcohol. (I had a Mitsubishi truck back in the USA where I used gasohol non-stop, and the carb float detached from the support arm due to the gasohol. You can find tons of discussion on this topic by searching Thai Visa and the overall internet.)

The higher octane fuels should help pre-detonation in hot weather, but since I can't hear the CBR150 engine ever knocking I don't know how much it really helps. I occasionally run the benzene Vpower 95 from Shell but haven't noticed that much more power, even when climbing Doi Angkhan which is a brutal climb that turns your header pipe red hot. (Check it out at night during a long hard climb!) The CBR150 engine is high compression and I would think running higher octanes would be better for it.

Sorry for the long answer! My opinion is that gasohol 95 on an occasional basis is probably okay, but using it continuously may cause some future carb problems.

sinewave check out mocyc.com they will have a few older cbr's on there especially as money starts getting tight.

Allan

Hi Allan,

have you forgotten that I do still have some baht waiting here in Jomtien for you & being old fashioned like to pay my debts ? try 087-1487325.

However if you really dont want it theres just enough for me to drop down to a hot bar I know of & blow it on a good evening of strong likker & a pretty Nubile ! ( then upset you with the details afterwards )

Hey do you or anyone else know what happened to the 2 new Hondas that were supposed to being available here a 250 single plus the VTR 250 any news at all ?

I was under the impression that it was discussed & disclosed that the CBR 150 would finally be dropped this year.

lastly, need some 100 octane leaded fuel to give that tuned old gal a real treat ?????

Tony Broster.

Hey do you or anyone else know what happened to the 2 new Hondas that were supposed to being available here a 250 single plus the VTR 250 any news at all ?

I was under the impression that it was discussed & disclosed that the CBR 150 would finally be dropped this year.

Have a look at AP Honda's Big Bike site- http://www.aphonda.co.th/superbike/big_wing.asp?id=37

Somewhere on there it states that Honda has put everything on hold due to current economic conditions.

Probably not the news you wanted to hear, but with patience this too shall pass.

In the meantime the nice folks over at Kawasaki will be happy to set you up with a 250cc bike right away and at a fraction of the cost of imported Hondas. http://www.kawasakibigbike.com/

Happy Trails!

Tony

Hi Tony. Nice to hear from you again. I went to the motor show at the weekend and Honda are doing nothing until (maybe) much later this year. I have now ridden the Tiger, you can find a trip report on here somewhere and honestly its a nice little bike for the money. the cbr150 and 250 have been sold. And i am probably going to get a 2nd hand Suzuki vx800 that i have found cheap.

The Tiger factory is on the Chonburi side of Bangkok as well, i had one on a 4 day test ride, went to Khoen Kaen and back. soon i might get the new Sachs 250 x-trail for a test ride as well. they also have a TT racer retro classic bike, Its based on the 150cc engine and really for the Thais as its a bit small. But looks great IMO.

post-62652-1238507418_thumb.jpgpost-62652-1238507699_thumb.jpg

Also the New 250 boxer seat.

post-62652-1238508007_thumb.jpg

Tony (bkk). Tony B has already had a Kawa 250 he did not like it.

Edited by thaicbr

Well I just had to look in the CBR150 thread to see what can be debated over this bike for 39 pages, and I found a debate about 250's and other bikes, all OT so that's how I guess. Also found a ton of the same information repeated over and over...

Anyways the KLR and D-Tracker can be upgraded easy to the 330 cc big bore, a chip kit and exhaust and you have a very potent bike indeed. Have no idea of the 450 kit though... It's not very expensive with the 330 kit, chip and exhaust done.

Also to the guy who feels his bike goes faster on 95, it doesn't if the bike is for 91 use 91, using 95 reduces the effect actually as the ignition point will be wrong. Some new bigbikes have a ignition sensor for knocking and adjust themselves but not the CBR 150, so the best effect and longevity for your machine use what it's designed for.

Also since the CBR 150 is carbed, plus not approved by Honda to use gasohol, it is not good to use gasohol, on occasion it won't hurt but I would avoid it.

Probably Honda will either come up with a new CBR 150 with fuel injection by 2010 or cancel it and sell the EU CBR 125 with Fuel Injection in Thailand next year, probably the latter, same goes for Sonic and Phantom I guess, either FI model or canceled.

Finally 100 octane airplane fuel has a lot of lead, and unless your engine is an old thing (pre 1980) don't use it as it clogs up carbs and spark plugs, and really make a mess in the exhaust valves. The 100 octane airplane fuel is made for engines designed to run it, so that is no good, and again as higher your octane go as more different the ignition point and to get full out of it engine compression needs to be so what is the point? If you want higher octane just add alcohol, ethanol or methanol. That is what E10 is they use 10% ethanol to boost the octane instead of MTBE, in fact supertuned drag racers run on pure methanol to be able to withstand the massive compression in the engines.

Cheers Bard

Hi Bard. One of the things repeated here often is that the 2008 - maybe even 2007 - CBR150 is designed to run on 91 gasohol.

I agree with the rest of your post. It has been a bit disappointing that the CBR150 has no competition until you get to the Ninja 250 at three or four times the price of a CBR150.

He ThaiCBR,

The Sachs is a X-Road 250 not a X-Trail, I belief that X-Trail (in combination with two wheels) is a trademark of BMW, Xtrail without the dash is a trademark for 4-wheel of Nissan.

Of course I can be wrong...