Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Hi All,,,

Im from KL, been riding a CBR150 for almost a year now, great bike. I have been reading this topic for quite some time now, its been helpful...... great job keeping it going for so long...

just like to wish you guys a happy new year.. and keep on posting. =)

We have a CBR club here in Malaysia too. www.cbr150r.my ....though forum is in Malay mostly..

Any plans of riding down to KL??? =)

Cheers.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Withnail,

the pillion seems to have more stuffing in it - does it significantly improve your passengers comfort?

Regarding the riders seat I cant't tell how it's been altered. Please let us now in what ways it differs

from the original seat and what you think of it.

Withnail,

the pillion seems to have more stuffing in it - does it significantly improve your passengers comfort?

Regarding the riders seat I cant't tell how it's been altered. Please let us now in what ways it differs

from the original seat and what you think of it.

Yes there is a couple of layers of extra foam on the passenger seat, nobody's tried it out yet though but it would have to be softer. The main seat feels flatter and keeps you more in place and whilst there isn't much more foam than as was originally on there it looked of better quality than the stuff they pulled off. I'd say it's a little more comfy though they were primarily making it a nicer shape, I believe. If desired I'm sure you could ask them to put more foam in though.

The material is also different and looks much nicer than the original. Definitely worth it for 350 Baht even if it doesn't last or you try a few different styles materials before getting what really fits.

Honestly I thought it was an easy question. I just want to know, because i put the wrong coolant into an SUV once, and it cost a lot to flush it and start over.

Me too! I just let the Honda shop deal with it. Am pretty sure they just mix 50% antifreeze with 50% water. It's been a long time since my CBR-150 got close to freezing up.

I was awakened late last night. Maybe it was a nightmare. A CBR150 owner seriously suggested I buy a 100cc Wave with auto clutch and a backward 4-speed tranny and a front basket.

why waste the money pb, just strap a basket to the front of the cbr, no doubt you will raise a few laughs in town :)

Guy passed me the other morning on a VFR400 going like the clappers. But the next red light stopped him, and I glided up beside him. He was reving the throttle and obviously looking to drag off fast on the green light. I sat there idleing as normal, but at the green wound on more throttle than I normally would. By the time I hit the other side of the intersection I was over a bike length in front and it wasnt untill I sliiped into 3rd at my normal revs change at 8000 or so did he get past, still in second. Obviously The CBR150 is no match and I knew it...but always thought the 150 would initially drag off my CBR400 or the VFR I drove a short time ago...now I know it does!!

The CBR 150 is hands down the best bike in traffic for sure.

I like the new pipe as well, I think the sound is better though agreed not much louder (apologies to whoever asked me about it before). One thing my mechanic noticed though is that it's now necessary to take some of the fairing off when doing an oil change.

withnail..... How is your pipe doing? Mine cracked today at one of the welds not far from the muffler. Dang. The Honda shop took it off and it's going to get re-brazed, but good welds should not crack. With all the other welds on the pipe, I expect it will crack again.

I like the new pipe as well, I think the sound is better though agreed not much louder (apologies to whoever asked me about it before). One thing my mechanic noticed though is that it's now necessary to take some of the fairing off when doing an oil change.

withnail..... How is your pipe doing? Mine cracked today at one of the welds not far from the muffler. Dang. The Honda shop took it off and it's going to get re-brazed, but good welds should not crack. With all the other welds on the pipe, I expect it will crack again.

Seems fine. Have you contacted Faddybike? I seem to recall in the long thread on the cbr150forum one customer had a pipe crack (and I reckon this might be the new source of Faddybike's pipes as they used to charge a lot more). It could just be a small percentage of them fail and need to be replaced. There cerntainly weren't that many complaints I don't think.

Guy passed me the other morning on a VFR400 going like the clappers. But the next red light stopped him, and I glided up beside him. He was reving the throttle and obviously looking to drag off fast on the green light. I sat there idleing as normal, but at the green wound on more throttle than I normally would. By the time I hit the other side of the intersection I was over a bike length in front and it wasnt untill I sliiped into 3rd at my normal revs change at 8000 or so did he get past, still in second. Obviously The CBR150 is no match and I knew it...but always thought the 150 would initially drag off my CBR400 or the VFR I drove a short time ago...now I know it does!!

The CBR 150 is hands down the best bike in traffic for sure.

I really find these types of posts strange. 2 bikes of different age and unknown history with 2 riders of different ability who may or may not be riding as fast as they can.

And we conclude that the CBR 150 is hands down the best bike in traffic for sure :)

Seems fine. Have you contacted Faddybike? I seem to recall in the long thread on the cbr150forum one customer had a pipe crack (and I reckon this might be the new source of Faddybike's pipes as they used to charge a lot more). It could just be a small percentage of them fail and need to be replaced. There cerntainly weren't that many complaints I don't think.

Going to send Yos at Faddy an email today. But to mail it back and wait for it to come back is too much hassle when you can get it done by the next day locally.

Going to send Yos at Faddy an email today. But to mail it back and wait for it to come back is too much hassle when you can get it done by the next day locally.

Maybe this is also why they are saying the is no warranty on the downpipe at this price now.

TCR

I live pretty close to the shop so if it breaks I'll just go over there. For the price I think it's worth the risk, I'm sure they don't all break and if it lasts 6 months it's probably worth just buying a new one or trying out a whole new system and risking the boys in brown. I'd be interested in knowing what Yos says though.

I live pretty close to the shop so if it breaks I'll just go over there. For the price I think it's worth the risk, I'm sure they don't all break and if it lasts 6 months it's probably worth just buying a new one or trying out a whole new system and risking the boys in brown. I'd be interested in knowing what Yos says though.

Back on the road with the re-welded pipe. The welding shop checked all the other welds and thought they were fine. Looks like the pipe is done with a wire-feed welder and the metal on the failed joint just did not get hot enough for a good bond. Time will tell on the rest of the joints. I got an email reply from Yos and he basically said he hopes I can get it fixed. Brought the old stock pipe back home and the weight reduction with the new pipe is significant. Now if only it will stay together!

Aek Na Thong Ratchada soi 7 (Soi Na Thong) by the exit to Robinsons. Do you know of anybody who does this in Phuket ? I rode more than 150 kms today and my tail end feels quite tender. More quality foam would be better. I am in the 110 Kg region, so a bit heavy for the light foam for the under 100 kg folk? Your answers would be apreciated. Thanks Thaimouse.

Been on my CBR 150 for 3 months now...nicely tricked out, raised, outfitted with phat tires(tyres for da Englishmen), chasis leds and an under engine exhaust, but I'm lookin for somethin nice and strong like a Trival Yoshi type header. If nebody knows, lemme know bout that Tri.

Will get sum pics here for everyone to see soon. For any fellow young road freak bikers, I'm in Pattaya. Cheers

Ok, went back to the very first page and started reading posts. That was about an hour and a half ago, and still can't find what I'm looking for.

Headlights on CBR are NOT that good at night, and I'd like to find something better. Tried xenon, 2 different sets, but that didn't help matters. Someone said there was a thread on here about someone who found a better or bigger bulb that works, but after 90 minutes of reading, I can't find it, and my eyes are getting blurry now. lol.

So, if anyone can tell me about a bigger, brighter, better bulb for the headlights, you'll have my enternal gratitude.