Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, need some help here.

Where the H-e-l-l can I buy Michelin Sporty for my 150 CBR in Chiang Mai? Or anywhere else for that matter? I've been to half a dozen Michelin dealers here in CM. and not a single one of them will even ORDER the tires for me!

HELP!

Just had an accident a few minutes after I got out of the Honda shop for a check-up. Won't go into details (and prefer not to... suffice to say it wasn't my fault), but I'm glad I came out relatively unscathed.

My bike is another story, needs new a new rearset and left front blinker, both side fairings slightly scratched (still choosing between replacing them or putting vinyl on them... as tomorrow's a non-working day they'll send the repair estimate on Monday).

Pissed off at first and then I realized I could have been injured or worse in the incident. Was glad to have chosen to wear a riding jacket, hot weather notwithstanding, instead of just a T-shirt before leaving home.

This has got me thinking... no matter your skill or how careful you are... SHIT HAPPENS!:D

Red,

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you're ok. Bikes can be replaced, people can't. Good move on the jacket. I've got 2 racing jackets, but yesterday also bought this.

post-82655-0-37227000-1299946646_thumb.jpost-82655-0-03994300-1299946628_thumb.j

What brand? Reminds me of a jacket a Russian fellow was wearing. When I asked where he got it, he told me Moscow! I think it was a Fox.

Great for summer!

I got this one at a shop in C.M. 1,800 baht. Owner gave me 100 baht discount because I've bought stuff from him before. My buddy who just bought a new Lifan 250 had them order one for him, XXL. They also have the racing boots and shin/knee/hip guards as well.

I got this one at a shop in C.M. 1,800 baht. Owner gave me 100 baht discount because I've bought stuff from him before. My buddy who just bought a new Lifan 250 had them order one for him, XXL. They also have the racing boots and shin/knee/hip guards as well.

I hope you'll be very happy with you're new.......................?

I hope you'll be very happy with you're new.......................?

Sorry, I hadn't seen you're previous post!

Ok, Rainy Season is just around the corner, and I really don't want to endure that with the stock IRC on the new 150. I'm looking at either the Michelin Sporty or the IRC 77, and actually leaning more towards the IRC. The only problem is WHERE to find them!!! I talked to two Honda dealers and just get blank looks - as usual.

So, if anyone knows of any bike/tire shops in Chiang Mai that might be able to help me out, please let me know.

Thanks.

Nice, you can order XXL... Might be able to wear a regular "hoody" over it.

Planning on getting a new riding jacket (which is difficult for "bigger" guys like me since XL here is like medium in the US), where's the shop at?

Maps, nearby landmarks, directions would be of great help.

BTW, Bridgestone Battlax BT021 has tire sizes for the CBR150R and might be a good option.

Bike shops around the moat area might have them.

A quick search through the yellow pages has the Bridgestone office in Chiangmai listed with the phone number 053304692-4.

Decent riding boots and knee protectors are available at the Helmet2Home shop across the old Suriwong Bookstore a few blocks away from Pantip Plaza.

Edited by RED21

Don't know the name of the place, but if you go to Night Bazaar, past McD's, etc, to the first stop light. Turn right and it's down about 100 meters on the right. Lots of helmets out front. They have a wide range of protective riding gear, and will order your size for you.

You can also try G3 (053-233600), Samoto (just a few km from the Honda Service Center on Mahidol Rd.) or the Piston Shop (0819524433).

G3. Is that on Thaiwang Rd, after you cross the Ping going into town on 118?

Yeah, it's on Thaiwang Rd.

Thanks for the directions will check the shop out (hopefully this weekend).

Honda called they'll have my bike ready by next week, they apologized for the delay since they had to wait for the ordered parts from Bangkok.

Ok, went to G3. Found it with no problems. 5,000 baht, my choice of Michelin, Dunlap, Bridgestone. He recommended the Bridgestone. 6,000 for my buddy's Lifan 250. He's got some NICE bikes there, as well as accessories, and said he can get just about anything you could want for a bike.

Edited by Just1Voice

Thinking of getting Bridgestone Battlax 021s, will have to wait some time since my better half wants to take a summer trip somewhere.

At least now I am certain where I can get them.

Edited by RED21

Was offered one for 79,000 on the road, all in, drive out an hour later.

Will think about it.

What about those pipes, how much and from where Red21?

As it's your one and only post, you could of at least spammed it up with some product links. :D

I found those photos while browsing through the Thai CBRs club board. According to what I could decipher, the Yoshimura can is from Red Baron. As for the XXD ones, the person who posted it hasn't said where they can be found and for how much. I think if anyone Googles hard enough they might find them up for grabs at some Thai online shop.

Here's another one...

snc00045.jpg

Custom made, I guess... the guy is saying it cost him around 2,800 baht. He's also putting in Ohlin forks and Brembo brakes on his bike.

Not sure if I can post links to other forums here, so just search for Thai CBRs Club on the net... eventually you'll find the site... which is in Thai.

JR motors has advertised something they call the Jrmotor Racing Box Honda Injection PGM-Fi (that's how Google translates it from Thai script anyways). Here's the description about it from the site:

Author boxes are now available to add horsepower + torque and fuel efficiency.

กล่องแต่ง Jrmotor Racing ใช้ได้กับรถจักรยานยนต์ฮอนด้า หัวฉีด PGM-Fi ทุกรุ่น Author Jrmotor Racing box available for motorcycles, Honda PGM-Fi injection every generation.

new-jrmotor.gifมาใหม่ล่าสุด สำหรับ ซีบีอาร์150อาร์ หัวฉีด CBR150R PGM-Fi To the latest CB R 150 R Injection CBR150R PGM-Fi. new-jrmotor.gif

PCX Airblade-i Click-i Wave110-i Wave125-i Scoopy-i PCX Airblade-i Click-i Wave110-i Wave125-i Scoopy-i.

รับประกัน เร่งดี มาเร็ว แรงตั้งแต่ต้น ยันปลาย แรงสุด ประหยัดสุด Guarantees fast acceleration forces from the beginning of good lean top end of a big saving.

รถเดิมๆ ไม่ทำเครื่องก็แรงได้ The old car do not force the machine is. เครื่องไม่พัง Machine does not crash.

รับประกันความพอใจ คืนเงินเต็ม 100 % ใน 10 วัน รับประกัน 6 เดือน Satisfaction Guaranteed 100% full refund in 10 days, 6 months warranty.

As for me, it is still around 30 days more to go until I can get my grubby hands on one and be creative (at least the green book will say 2011 rather than 2010). Not sure with changing the exhaust since aftermarket ones are pig magnets (especially if you're a foreigner), as they say, "If it ain't broken don't fix it."

First thing I'll probably want to do if I get mine is slap some custom decals on it. Anyone know a printer in Chiang Mai who does transparent vinyl printing?

I went to Niyom Panich last week to take a look at the CBR150R... looks almost the same size as an ER6n (as pointed out by my better half as we saw one parked outside). 77,500B on the price tag with free registration and 2 years insurance.

JRMOTOR BOX:

I spoke with PREEDA Chiangmai, showed them the web page for the ECM, they said they would order it but it was no good.

thay said a PCX customer tried one and it didn't help

also said you ADD it , it doesn't replace the existing ECU/ECM.

They could be mistaken, they could be right. It's a 1200 baht gamble.I've decided no.

ECU GENERAL COMMENT:

I've also been told by a very knowledgeable source (ex-honda engineer) that until a ECU that provides a richer mixture is available, any other performance mod will be a waste of time/money.

There's simply not enough fuel!

If anyone tries any ECU/ECM/CDI, jrmotor or other brand, PLEASE Post in a new thread to make it obvious, as thing get lost in this huge thread, too big for it's own good in a way...

Oh, I forgot something. Do you know that you can actually COAST in NEUTRAL all the way from the temple to past the Chiang Mai Zoo on Huay Kaew Road?

:o

yes, very exciting. I think I passed you at 150km/hr near the waterfall. not very safe, you were going about 10. What's the point? And you forgot this a CBR 150 thread?

makes it hard to catch up, reading non-related posts like these. Just kidding.

Oh, I forgot something. Do you know that you can actually COAST in NEUTRAL all the way from the temple to past the Chiang Mai Zoo on Huay Kaew Road?

yes, very exciting. I think I passed you at 150km/hr near the waterfall. not very safe, you were going about 10. What's the point? And you forgot this a CBR 150 thread?

I remember seeing one going up as I was coasting down. One of the reasons I was going slow is that I was starting to have serious cramps in my right foot and leg, which I'm prone to due to a pinched nerve. Actually had to stop for a few minutes before going on. On my trip to and from Chom Phae, I had to stop about every two hours because of that, which is a bit of a bummer, but something I have to deal with. But still have fun.

:lol:

I remember seeing one going up as I was coasting down. One of the reasons I was going slow is that I was starting to have serious cramps in my right foot and leg, which I'm prone to due to a pinched nerve. Actually had to stop for a few minutes before going on. On my trip to and from Chom Phae, I had to stop about every two hours because of that, which is a bit of a bummer, but something I have to deal with. But still have fun.

:lol:

I'm just pointing out that going super slow is creates a hazard. There's already more than enough. You made it sound like a fun thing to do. Stopping is a smarter solution than coasting.

Hope you feel better.

ECU GENERAL COMMENT:

I've also been told by a very knowledgeable source (ex-honda engineer) that until a ECU that provides a richer mixture is available, any other performance mod will be a waste of time/money.

There's simply not enough fuel!

If anyone tries any ECU/ECM/CDI, jrmotor or other brand, PLEASE Post in a new thread to make it obvious, as thing get lost in this huge thread, too big for it's own good in a way...

I was blessed in the end. Was trying to get the 150fi upon release but no one would sell it to me on the spot or take a deposit.... Within 2 weeks the 250 was on the floor, 110k cash and I was out the door an hour later. Blessed as I would have ended up having to sell the brand new 150 just to get the new 250.

Interesting to hear the ECU comment. I'm planning to wait for an aftermarket ECU before I change my whole exhaust system. The sooner they're produced the better. Riding lean isn't as nice a ride. The compression ration on the 250 is 10.7:1. Not sure what it is on the 150fi.

Compression on the 150i is 11.0:1.

Does seem that Honda is concentrating on fuel efficiency, so it will be interesting to see what power can be released on the 150 and 250!

Saw my old CBR150 the other, still looking good; dam_n i miss that bike. The original 150 was a sweet ride around town.

Edited by taichiplanet

jbeck

I'm just pointing out that going super slow is creates a hazard. There's already more than enough. You made it sound like a fun thing to do. Stopping is a smarter solution than coasting.

Hope you feel better.

If I was going "super slow" I was probably in the process of stopping. The rest of the time I was easily keeping up with, and even pulling away from other vehicles on the road, even though I was "coasting".

As for feeling better, thanks, but the only thing that will cure my problem is surgery on my lower spine to correct a curvature and couple of compressed discs. Been putting that off for as long as I can, but me & wife talked about it this morning and will probably have it done next month. That will lay me up for a while. lol.

hello , may I join this owner club?

as far as last 3 pages I saw (I'm using Ipad and looks like it doesnt like this forum much :realangry: not allow me to see many section) some are in Chiang Mai so it might be good to have resource and information from here.

I ride all black (definitely all black) สวส 878 around the moat and CMU .

just pass 5000kms and 1 crash (month ago , fully recovered).

BTW I'm Thai , may be able help with some info from thai cbr forums.

hope nothing wrong with this thai syle introduce