Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got my bike from the shop today after almost a month. Looks good as new. They told me they couldn't replace the broken right turn light because there weren't any available and they even tried ordering them from Japan (the latter part probably just an excuse) to no avail. They did promise to call me if they'll have them available. Decided to take the stop gap solution (they glued the old broken turn light back together, no cosmetic difference from the original but it even feels more fragile compared to what it was before) than leaving the bike at the shop until they can get the part (which might be a very long time with Songkraan coming). I was planning to replace the blinkers with something a little closer to the body instead of something that would probably come off while parking outside Tesco. Which brings me to my question, "Anyone have any info on replacement turn lights for the CBR150Ri? Brian (Sumet Cycle) perhaps?"

Off topic, I went to the Helmet2Home branch on Sri Donchai Road (the one across Suriwong Bookstore) before picking the bike up to order bike gear . Arrived just in time as they were sorting out new stocks. Got me a new mesh jacket with a decent discount, comfy enough even in the blistering heat today. Was really lucky to have found something that fits well (surprisingly it was an XXXL normally I'm an XL, so heads up to you guys they are sized smaller). I also found XL "Snap- On" metal-knuckled riding gloves in a shop on the basement of Robinson's Airport Plaza (it's the same shop that sells "mecha", models, and car decals), in case any of you guys in Chiang Mai are interested.

Edited by RED21

Finally got my bike from the shop today after almost a month. Looks good as new. They told me they couldn't replace the broken right turn light because there weren't any available and they even tried ordering them from Japan (the latter part probably just an excuse) to no avail. They did promise to call me if they'll have them available. Decided to take the stop gap solution (they glued the old broken turn light back together, no cosmetic difference from the original but it even feels more fragile compared to what it was before) than leaving the bike at the shop until they can get the part (which might be a very long time with Songkraan coming). I was planning to replace the blinkers with something a little closer to the body instead of something that would probably come off while parking outside Tesco. Which brings me to my question, "Anyone have any info on replacement turn lights for the CBR150Ri? Brian (Sumet Cycle) perhaps?"

Off topic, I went to the Helmet2Home branch on Sri Donchai Road (the one across Suriwong Bookstore) before picking the bike up to order bike gear . Arrived just in time as they were sorting out new stocks. Got me a new mesh jacket with a decent discount, comfy enough even in the blistering heat today. Was really lucky to have found something that fits well (surprisingly it was an XXXL normally I'm an XL, so heads up to you guys they are sized smaller). I also found XL "Snap- On" metal-knuckled riding gloves in a shop on the basement of Robinson's Airport Plaza (it's the same shop that sells "mecha", models, and car decals), in case any of you guys in Chiang Mai are interested.

off topic again, these type of inexpensive, decent-looking gloves and jacket rip apart at the seams when you fall, unless you're very lucky. Something to keep in mind IF you have enough money to buy authentic safety gear..gloves and jacket - mainly a slide will tear them apart. If you get hit by a car, may or may not matter. Helmet, same deal. what can you expect from a 2000 baht helmet - real protection? No. If you want to protect yourself. you're fooling yourself with these products, protecting yourself psychologically. only.

why don't you ride your bike without the turn signal? Who uses them anyway ? I wouldn't leave it at the dealer unless it's not drive-able.!

They did promise to call me if they'll have them available.

When a thai says that, you know you'll never get a call about it.

How about checking out some of the aftermarket LED indicators for the 250. Think they're 600b per pair.

5_442_3c39331465e787f.jpg

From K-speed.

How about checking out some of the aftermarket LED indicators for the 250. Think they're 600b per pair.

From K-speed.

The turn signal works it just feels a bit flimsy when you move it since it was damaged at the socket. Riding without turn lights? Definitely not, I've seen lots of accidents happen because of drivers not using turn lights...

As for the gloves, they weren't exactly cheap as they were more expensive than a pair of Berik, or Soumy gloves, probably custom made, though my bet is judging from the shop they were probably made for cosplay ...:D

Thanks for the info appropriate.

From K-speed.

The turn signal works it just feels a bit flimsy when you move it since it was damaged at the socket. Riding without turn lights? Definitely not, I've seen lots of accidents happen because of drivers not using turn lights...

As for the gloves, they weren't exactly cheap as they were more expensive than a pair of Berik, or Soumy gloves, probably custom made, though my bet is judging from the shop they were probably made for cosplay ...:D

Thanks for the info appropriate.

Really? My last pair of real gloves (SIDI) cost about 9,000 baht NOT even custom made, where did you get this info?

Custom made means custom made to fit your hands. How much were they?

Snap on gloves are mechanic's gloves - In years of racing and toad riding i've never seen a pair.

How much was the mesh jacket, did it have CE approved armor inserts? What brand.?

I might head over there myself to solve this puzzle.

Quality gear in Thailand at a price "not exactly cheap" - why not just say how much so we all know, then can decide whether to take a trip over there or not.?

thanks and good luck with your CBR, PM me if interested in riding doi suthep, samoeng loop etc...

That protective gear is probably better than my t-shirt and shorts.

Cig hangin' outta the mouth.

Cool muthfuka. B)

Yeah! But no problem, keep your speed around 80 kph, don't wear a helmet.

Definitely worth it, having so many people looking at you and thinking "that there's one cool dude".

With any luck, eventually one less "moving traffic cone" on the road to deal with. :lol:

Just kidding. Sort of.

having so many people looking at you and thinking "that there's one cool dude".

It's Thailand. The majority will be thinking:

" ___________________________ *pick nose* ________________________________________ ''

Edited by appropriate

" ___________________________ *pick nose* ________________________________________ ''

exactly, what;s your favorite hospital?

exactly, what;s your favorite hospital?

Nah... I just go to the local shaman... HAHAHA :lol:.

I feel sick... Where is my nurse now? Now that hospital must have a lot of patients with a very high blood pressure...:-)...

I really think we are going off subject here, anyone know when the next Honda CBR 150 meet/ ride is? Cheers.

I feel sick... Where is my nurse now? Now that hospital must have a lot of patients with a very high blood pressure...:-)...

I really think we are going off subject here, anyone know when the next Honda CBR 150 meet/ ride is? Cheers.

let's do the samoeng loop in chiang mai mid next week, other bikes welcome.

let's do the samoeng loop in chiang mai mid next week, other bikes welcome.

Err.. slight problem, be nice to get up to Chaing Mai, but I am in BKK... Any meets down here? Also just back from the Car and Motorbike show at Impact, anyone else go? Enjoyed it, immensly.

jbeck

Nui racing footpegs . order directly from his shop in BKK (but this one is for old model, newer just look too crap) 3000

TZM switch control bought from some guy at CBRclub forums . 300 , very useful.

carbonfibre and a resin coat exhuast cover . ask some car garage to do it at BKK , 1800 (very tough , my crash can only made a cat scatch)

tank protector from Panda Rider shop .

anyone going Outsider Team meeting at night safari ? they invited me with lots of cbr rider .

jbeck

Nui racing footpegs . order directly from his shop in BKK (but this one is for old model, newer just look too crap) 3000

TZM switch control bought from some guy at CBRclub forums . 300 , very useful.

carbonfibre and a resin coat exhuast cover . ask some car garage to do it at BKK , 1800 (very tough , my crash can only made a cat scatch)

tank protector from Panda Rider shop .

anyone going Outsider Team meeting at night safari ? they invited me with lots of cbr rider .

What question are you answering? You didn't quote the question, which is so easy...why not?

Specific information is a lot more use useful - where's the shop(s) or contact info?

Anyway thanks for trying,

Do you have the contact info for NUI? Very old model of new 150? - that doesn't make any sense.

New one look crap? Why? Do you have a pic or a link?

I guess Outsider Team meeting at night safari is in BKK?

thanks for trying

jbeck

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Surprisingly, this thread has been asleep for more than a month, I guess the CBR250 gets most of the attention nowadays...

For those like me who chose the 150 little sister, I have a few questions.

I bought my bike about a week ago and I drove about 300Kms on it, but I noticed today than the chain was very very loose, I suspected something was wrong yesterday because of an unusual noise (but appart from a Fino, it is my first motorbike, so I am a total newbie), but today, the noise and the chain problem was very clear.

Anyway, I went to my village (very) small motorcycle shop which adjusted it for me (for free, nice old guy, he didn't want anything...) and I will go to my Honda dealer tomorrow morning to clear this, I will ask for an oil change too (only 300 Kms, but some say it is good to change it as early as 50kms the first time...).

So, my questions finally :

- did many of you have a similar issue (I read at least 3 occurences in the last 15 or 20 pages of this thread, Red and Just1Voice among them) ?

- when you fixed it, did it come back ? What frequency ?

- Any solution ? New better chain ?

Thanks in advance

And I am planning on translating the manual from thai to english (I am french, so my english is not perfect though) as a side thai-learning project (I know I have far too much free time... )

I will start with the service table, probably the most useful part, and I'll share it here (or is it better to make a new post?)

Cheers

Fab

Otherwise very happy owner of a red CBR150

Edited by fab99

fab99 congratulations on your new Red CBR150. Some pictures would be nice. Red was my first color of choice but I lost the Rock-Paper-Scissors game to a friend who was also planning to get a CBR150 around the same time, so I settled for black instead.

I just tightened the chain again before going on a week's vacation to Phuket two weeks ago. I had just washed my bike and was letting it dry in front of the porch, when my father-in-law noticed that the chain was really loose (he said it was like ready to come out). While we working on it he was joking about maybe it was because I was to heavy for the bike. We took turns driving around the block to check if it was OK and then did some more adjustments. The first time I had it tightened was around 1000km and then at around 2000km. Just1Voice said he changed his chain, but he's probably done more kms on his bike than I have and he takes longer rides than I do.

Not sure about the oil change. I think it's still a bit premature. My bike had its first one at around 600 km. The manual says it's after 1000km and the mechanics at the shop confirmed it's 1000km and then 3000km after that. At that time I misremembered and I didn't know when I'd be able to come back so I had them change the oil anyway.

Translating the Thai manual to English would be of great help to other bike owners who are not as proficient with written Thai and don't have the free time (like me). Been searching for an English manual online, ever since the motorcycle was released outside Thailand, to no avail. I'd be glad to help you out check your English translation when you are done with it.

Here's some recent pictures of mine...

post-118861-0-74664700-1305045614_thumb. post-118861-0-85346800-1305045645_thumb. post-118861-0-00907200-1305045631_thumb.

Hi everyone

On friday last i bought a red cbr150R second hand, but 2010 model.

the bike were first registered 20th Jan. 2011 and when i bought it it had 2850 km on the meter... (I got a very good deal)

I will post some pictures later...

This is my first post in here, and after reading a lot of this thread and practically any other thread regarding this bike, i decided it was the one for me, not too big, and not too small for a beginner.

I will post some pictures later...

I am writing because when i bought the bike, it had the same issue of a very loose chain, and because i have never before driven with manual gears on a bike, i have a bad habit of releasing the throttle completely which resulted in a clanking sound from the chain... i actually thought the bike were breaking down on me for a while.

After a quick visit with my local mechanic, he gave me the same treatment of tigthening it for free, it helped a lot (together with me easing up on the throttle :whistling: )

I would also like to know if others have experience with this chain problem... and whether or not i need to buy a specific chain for my bike...

Finally i just have to say i love riding a motorcycle, even though i am still doing baby steps, and are not really capable of doing much with the bike yet.

Janno

P.S. i have studied driving vids and descriptions, and are slowly learning about friction point and how to control the bike at slow speeds. (Thank you youtube! :rolleyes:)