Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

I've never had a new bike and never done any dealership services (I have a 2008 R6) . I'm looking after / using a friends 2012 CBR 150 in BKK as a daily driver (about 50km a day), it's registered in Chonburi and just under 12 months old. She asked me to take it for a service, it was suppose to have a service on 1,000 km, it's now on 2300 km. Can I take it to any dealership in BKK and get the 1,000 service still? Can anyone recommend and vouch for a good dealership in BKK? Location is not important as I travel all around BKK during week for work.

The service is free right as the bike is still under warranty? What's the standard Warranty / Service Warranty on these bikes?

Bike has never had an oil change, chain lube or tighten, poor thing has been badly neglected.

I would get free service from the dealer that I bought the bike. But on an oil change its just 20 baht different.

130 for an oil change. At the dealer you just say oil and they understand.

If you want the chain oiled or tighten just point at the chain and that should be free. Take the bike anywhere. Service in Thailand is cheap.

So the free service is only available at the dealership you bought the bike from? I can do the oil change myself, i want to take it to the dealership to get the stamp for 1,000 km service and then for 4,000 km service soon.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't stamp anything. The just write the service that the mileage that it was done.

I see, the service is free for the first 2 years at the dealership you bought it from or what?

Not completely free, you have to pay for the oil they put in. Don't worry, just bring it to any honda dealer with the service book, and they will do everything for less than 200Baht.

post-140969-13620937333785_thumb.jpg

post-140969-13620937585671_thumb.jpg

Here are some more pictures.

I was riding to go play football at on Tuesday night and some guy decided to cross the street with a bicycle. He saw me and stopped on the middle of the second lane. As I was approaching he he kept moving forward. I had to get into the 3 lane that was a U-Turn and I couldn't break in time to make the turn.

I had an accident two days ago.

post-140969-13620468575923_thumb.jpg

It's going to cost me 10k. Not really to bad considering ill be getting almost a new bike. The bike will be white once I get it back. Hopefully on Sunday.

Sorry to hear that man. But the dent on the tank is so big? Is it an impact of the handle

bar?

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362093682.798817.jpg

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362093707.425355.jpg

I was riding to go play football at on Tuesday night and some guy decided to cross the street with a bicycle. He saw me and stopped on the middle of the second lane. As I was approaching he he kept moving forward. I had to get into the 3 lane that was a U-Turn and I couldn't break in time to make the turn.

You should have braked as soon as he became a potential hazaard by stepping into road. If you're not prepared for everything driving bangkok or thailand really you shouldn't ride. You can't brake a motorbike properly without going down? Are you a new rider?

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362093682.798817.jpgImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362093707.425355.jpg

You should have braked as soon as he became a potential hazaard by stepping into road. If you're not prepared for everything driving bangkok or thailand really you shouldn't ride. You can't brake a motorbike properly without going down? Are you a new rider?

Why being negative?

The guy had an accident and accidents can happen even to experienced riders.

So you never had one? I am riding for 24 years and had accidents although i am experienced to drive in many countries and some of them has worse traffic than thailand.

It is not you to judge someone over accidents man.

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362093682.798817.jpgImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362093707.425355.jpg

I'm not a new rider and accident wasn't a noob mistake. I was traveling to fast when I saw the bike in front of me. It happened at night. The bike didn't have any reflectors. BTW I don't think anyone wow rides a motorcycle has a perfect riding record and can say "I have never crashed"

post-140969-13621768556461_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture that I drew to explain the accident to my students.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362176801.463118.jpg

If only you could have hit that big loaf of bread instead the damage

would have been a lot less wink.png

Kidding of course & glad your ok! biggrin.png

Are you kidding me, ever seen some of this Thai bread? Some of it is hard as a rock !

I'm not a new rider and accident wasn't a noob mistake. I was traveling to fast when I saw the bike in front of me. It happened at night. The bike didn't have any reflectors. BTW I don't think anyone wow rides a motorcycle has a perfect riding record and can say "I have never crashed"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362176801.463118.jpg

I don't like to kick a man when hes down but when your life's at stake, you really need to know. It was 100% your fault, someone walking into street with no lights in Thailand is a normal thing and isn't surprising, it's expected. You were driving too fast for your riding skills and you're lucky you didn't die, it should be no problem to brake a CBR 150 in time, it's a slow bike with good disc brakes all round. As soon as you saw the guy in the road you should have braked reasonably and dropped a few gears then finished off the braking when you saw him coming forward rather than trying to weave past him.

And before you say have you ever had an accident? No I've driven around 40,000 KM around Bangkok busiest roads and had tons of emergency stops in seriously wet conditions, never had one. Had plenty of people hit me from behind and seen plenty of idiots die on bikes and put other peoples life in danger.

Learn from mistakes and improve your braking and hazard perception.

Bingo, we have heard you smile.png

Being too fast or too slow in the wrong situation could happen to all of us. Or just being on the wrong place at the wrong time. Riding too slow can be dangerous. Slowing down or doing emergency stops can be dangerous. "Plenty of people" have hit you from behind, so you know this.

"Shit happens..." That's what my boss says.

It does not matter how good you are, sometimes it's just pure luck.

So blackpanda, do you recall what made that big irregular dent on the tank? Just curious. My Dad had an accident on his old UJM involving a big black stray dog while coming home from a graveyard shift at the mill when I was in grade school, and he had a dent on the gas tank. When a basketball team mate, who came by the house to see how he was, asked what made the dent on the tank he replied, "What else? My balls of steel!"

Edited by RED21

I'm not a new rider and accident wasn't a noob mistake. I was traveling to fast when I saw the bike in front of me. It happened at night. The bike didn't have any reflectors. BTW I don't think anyone wow rides a motorcycle has a perfect riding record and can say "I have never crashed"ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362176801.463118.jpg

I don't like to kick a man when hes down but when your life's at stake, you really need to know. It was 100% your fault, someone walking into street with no lights in Thailand is a normal thing and isn't surprising, it's expected. You were driving too fast for your riding skills and you're lucky you didn't die, it should be no problem to brake a CBR 150 in time, it's a slow bike with good disc brakes all round. As soon as you saw the guy in the road you should have braked reasonably and dropped a few gears then finished off the braking when you saw him coming forward rather than trying to weave past him.

And before you say have you ever had an accident? No I've driven around 40,000 KM around Bangkok busiest roads and had tons of emergency stops in seriously wet conditions, never had one. Had plenty of people hit me from behind and seen plenty of idiots die on bikes and put other peoples life in danger.

You getting hit from behind isn't an accident?? Accidents happen. When I look back at it, there where plenty of chooses I could have taken. But in my mind the cost for what would have happen would have been a lot greater.

I made mistakes and over reacted when doing so. Now all I can do is learn from it and move on.

BTW what did you ride 40k km on?

ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362176801.463118.jpg

Looking at this image and reading your explanation, this could have been easily avoided.

What did the insurance guy say? Oh wait, did you call them?

No I didn't bother to call the insurance as I know they only cover damages to me or the other person involved. Nothing happen to the other person so then it was just my expenses. I would have to pay for fixing my bike either way.

I'm not a new rider and accident wasn't a noob mistake. I was traveling to fast when I saw the bike in front of me. It happened at night. The bike didn't have any reflectors. BTW I don't think anyone wow rides a motorcycle has a perfect riding record and can say "I have never crashed"ImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1362176801.463118.jpg

You getting hit from behind isn't an accident?? Accidents happen. When I look back at it, there where plenty of chooses I could have taken. But in my mind the cost for what would have happen would have been a lot greater.

I made mistakes and over reacted when doing so. Now all I can do is learn from it and move on.

They weren't proper accidents, twice some idiot ran into back of me at lights. And once a Merc driver broke his wing mirror off on me on sutthisan underpass, he was going like 100 and misjudged the distance. I didn't fall off and I was lucky to be uninjured. I've had a couple of, bottle of vodka, me and scooter in soi accidents, but no one was around and it was low speed just stupidity really.

I wasn't taking the high horse, I was just making you realize that this scenario was 100% your fault and could have been saved. As long as you know it is and you'll learn from it, it's cool, it's just most people take the attitude it's the other persons fault and don't learn jack and end up under a government bus. Can't make too many mistakes in Thailand on a bike, your life is hanging by a thread and I've seen a lot of people die, thai and farang.

Done about 10k on a nouvo, 25 on a R6 and 5 on a 150R, R6 is gone next week and I'll trade the 150 for a 500 sometime this year

And I probably sound like some 50 year old driving instructor that drives around at 40km/h . However i'm not, i'm 23 and love speed as much as next guy but I know the limits and I practice and try to improve a lot so this shit doesn't happen and end up eating tarmac..

And regarding the benzine vs gasohol and octane debate, there's no point in using a 95 octane fuel in a bike that isn't mapped for a 95 octane fuel. The map on a stock CBR 150 will have a compression ratio for a 91 fuel, if the bike was put on a rolling road and maped for a 95 fuel. You would get more power, however if you then put 91 in it and hammered it you would blow the engine to pieces. You might get a very very very slight advantage with 95 fuel, but nothing to be noticed, if you only drove 100km a month, then it might be worth it. However it's a waste of money, same for benzine, giant waste of money unless you do very low mileage.

For around 40k I've ran 3 bikes on 91 Gasohol and the only thing I noticed was that the filters need changing more often on the nouvo. And it can be fussy if it hasn't started in a week, however with the 10's of thousands of baht I've saved I could buy about 100 filters. Honda recommend everything but E20 (as far as I know) and benzine 95 for the CBR, there is no point in using anything other than 91 gasohol.

It's a giant waste of money, 2 years it was almost identical in price and no biggy but now it's 20%. 400baht a week on fuel, i'm saving 80baht a week using gasohol, 4,000 baht a year. You would have to be crazy to use benzine when the manufacturer recommends gasohol. I would use E20 if Honda said you could, it's 99 octane, cheaper and there has been no evidence of engine damage with gasohol.

They weren't proper accidents, twice some idiot ran into back of me at lights. And once a Merc driver broke his wing mirror off on me on sutthisan underpass, he was going like 100 and misjudged the distance. I didn't fall off and I was lucky to be uninjured. I've had a couple of, bottle of vodka, me and scooter in soi accidents, but no one was around and it was low speed just stupidity really.

I wasn't taking the high horse, I was just making you realize that this scenario was 100% your fault and could have been saved. As long as you know it is and you'll learn from it, it's cool, it's just most people take the attitude it's the other persons fault and don't learn jack and end up under a government bus. Can't make too many mistakes in Thailand on a bike, your life is hanging by a thread and I've seen a lot of people die, thai and farang.

Done about 10k on a nouvo, 25 on a R6 and 5 on a 150R, R6 is gone next week and I'll trade the 150 for a 500 sometime this year

And I probably sound like some 50 year old driving instructor that drives around at 40km/h . However i'm not, i'm 23 and love speed as much as next guy but I know the limits and I practice and try to improve a lot so this shit doesn't happen and end up eating tarmac..

You just save yourself man. If you stay ahead on a stopped car at the lights, you were not rear ended. An experienced rider like you! should have know that, right?

And scooter accidents? Low or high speed does not matter. You had accidents too due to your stupidity as well so judge your own accidents first before others really.