Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Hi all,

I found a nice webpage with accessories for the CBR150R.

http://kaskus.us/showthread.php?t=246535

It's from Indonesia. I still wonder whether putting an Yoshimura or Endurance exhaust system would be legally in Thailand. Who knows about it? When I see the big bikes for rent here in Pattaya, the do have modified exhausts, almost all of them. How does the Police judges whether it is legal or not. Guess if the find it too loud, you're gonna pay.

BTW the Yoshimura kit is converted into THB 8,000. Where could I get this thing here in Thailand? I guess not in Pattaya, maybe only BKK.

CIMG2250.jpg

Check this link out also. Granted they don't have "Yoshimura" exhausts, but I'd imagine that any you're going to find that are less than around 25 000 Bhat is of suspect authenticity. Kinda like those "Brembo" brakes you see on local bikes. One thing I don't see there that I would want though is a new coil.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo Friends....today I picked up my brandnew blue CBR150R at Mityon Pattaya 3rd Road :o

As I previously only scooted automatic bikes, I need some practice, but anyway I already put some km's on the meter.

It rides fantastic...as far as I can judge it so far :D

Now it is time to look for a new helmet and some extras....

Congrats and welcome to the fraternity of CBR150 road dogs.

CB

Bingo Friends....today I picked up my brandnew blue CBR150R at Mityon Pattaya 3rd Road :o

As I previously only scooted automatic bikes, I need some practice, but anyway I already put some km's on the meter.

It rides fantastic...as far as I can judge it so far :D

Now it is time to look for a new helmet and some extras....

Congrats and welcome to the fraternity of CBR150 road dogs.

CB

Put a few km's on the clock again today, and it is fun....far enough power for the city for sure!

Cannot compare to the rubberband automatic I still own...

Try to post some pics next weekend :-)

Moo9

Hi guy's,

There's a blue one for 54000 whit 252 km! Is that save ore better buy a new one fore 10000 more! How you guy's think about this???

Regards Peter

Hi Peter,

that is a pretty big drop (comparatively) for only 252 km. Without knowing the details I wouldn't venture an opinion. If it is from a Honda dealer and you can transfer over the full warranty as a new bike then probably. Check it carefully to find out if it has been dropped (hard) or whether the bike was repossessed. Sometime people buy these bikes on payments and lose them after only a couple of months.

It could also have been used as a demonstation bike and the company is looking to sell it with minimal mileage.

Check carefully and make an informed decision

CB

Hello, it seems some of you guy's have "the need for speed" from a Honda cbr 150, so here is the answer with pics

Bike: CBR150 2004 completely modified. Engine: Original 150cc, 1 piston, 4 valves watercooled, 4 stroke:

Rebored to 169cc, Stage 3 ported and gas flowed head, twin racing high lift cams, 38mm racing carburettor (standard is only 26mm) jetted for quickness at high revs, Racing CDI (allowing higher revs). Endurance exhaust, Adjustable Racing gear and brake footlevers, Larger rear sprocket Suspension and steering : Front lowered 2 inches, ohlins steering damper (20 settings) can adjust while driving along, keeps the front in line with the back (we all hate that wobble affect) Vee rubber tyres (soft compound) helps keep all the mods stuck to the ground. Hard top rear seat cowl (specially made due not available as spare) gives the racing look but easily changes to carry passenger.

Ok, a bit over the top for me as I have seen an indicated 155kph on mine with only the addition of a high-voltage spark lead BUT I am very interested in the tires and the CDI ignition.

Since you mention Bira racetrack, am I right in thinking you live in or near Pattaya? Where did you get the tires and CDI? Cost?

Would like to see this bike.

And maybe have a little run against it. Have added fully-synthetic oil since the above 155kph run.

Not expecting to beat you with all those mods but nice to see where I stand. :o

Hi Crow Boy,

It's from a private guy who said that his wife don't want he have a motorcycle! I don't have the knowledge to see it's good ore not.

Regards Peter

Hi,

I would take a look. My wife is also not so happy about the CBR (6 gear manual shift.....).

250 km is nothing and if the papers are ok, no accident, and full waranty, why not!

Easy save of 10,000 Baht.

Moo 9

Hi Crow Boy,

It's from a private guy who said that his wife don't want he have a motorcycle! I don't have the knowledge to see it's good ore not.

Regards Peter

My advice would be to do the following:

1) make sure it has a green book (registration) - it would be very unusual if it didn't but you will need it to do the reg transfer.

2) make sure you have a photocopy of the receipt to make sure it is not under finance. If you hand over the 54K and then become legally responsible for his payments as well it will make this sweet deal very sour.

3) get the bike checked at the dealer where it was purchased for damage

4) get the dealer to confirm that the new bike warranty will transfer to you - sometimes when the bike is sold the warranty is void because it is for new bike only.

5) before you hand over the money get the owner to go with you (take a Thai national for assistance with the language unless you speak good Thai) to the registration office. Do the transfer of titles and then pay him.

Bottom line if it only has 254 km on the clock it is unlikely to have anything wrong with it, one bike I know was sold to a guy who had never ridden anything with a clutch and 6 speed gearbox. He couldn't get the sequence of hand and foot together so put his bike up for sale at a similarly reduced price and went back to the Wave 100.

Good luck - take care and enjoy

CB

one bike I know was sold to a guy who had never ridden anything with a clutch and 6 speed gearbox. He couldn't get the sequence of hand and foot together so put his bike up for sale at a similarly reduced price and went back to the Wave 100.

:o Well glad that did not happen to me....although I never drove a 6 speed manual clutch before. But it is not that hard I find. I just needed 1 or 2 30 min rides to manage it. However, I would recommend to any novice to do this not in the city but on quiet upcountry roads.

After 3 days now with my CBR I really do not like to sit on my Nouvo again.

Btw, my Nouvo (8 months old, Yamaha alloy wheels, reinforced shocks, no crash) is for sale now. I ask for 39,000 Baht. If you know somebody interested, just PM me.

Moo9

Btw, my Nouvo (8 months old, Yamaha alloy wheels, reinforced shocks, no crash) is for sale now. I ask for 39,000 Baht. If you know somebody interested, just PM me.

Moo9

Put a post in the Cars/bikes for sale section and attach some photos of the bike. These are a popular bike with the farung community the majority of whom have never ridden a motorcycle let alone one with manual gears so it should be fairly easy to sell.

good luck

CB

Out performs bigger bikes around town, can get thru the traffic!

Have yet to find another cbr 150 modified or not that can keep up with me.

Keeps up with all 125 and 150 two strokes on pullaway, at 80kph+ I leave them for dust.

Top speed 170kph (Chonburi to Rayong Road kept speed for 2k, that was long enough)

My standard NSR150RR used to top out at an indicated 180kph on the Sukhumvit, it would do 165kph with my GF on the back. I seriously dont believe it would of been left for dust at 80kph+

Hi,

I googled some time, but could not find an English manual for the CBR150.

Does anybody got one?

Moo9

Hi Moo - this is a recurring problem. I have been looking for a workshop manual in English since I bought my bike and am yet to get a copy. I asked the mechanics at Nihom Panich and they don't even have one in Thai let alone English. They have a sheet for the settings and rely on experience and guesswork for the rest. This is one reason why I have been wary of changing over to aftermarket spares. If I change the exhaust, airfilter, and ignition plus the carburetor settings to make it all work together then the next time I take it back some guy there will put the settings back to standard and screw it all up again.

CB

I walked into the Honda dealer on Koh Phangan at 3pm yesterday, I said I wan't a new CBR150, black and I wan't it tomorrow.

They had one shipped over from Samui last night and I picked it up at 11am today, 69k, over list price but I expected that living where I do.

I only have one question....

Why the heck have I been riding a scooter for so long?

Darn good fun so far!

I walked into the Honda dealer on Koh Phangan at 3pm yesterday, I said I wan't a new CBR150, black and I wan't it tomorrow.

They had one shipped over from Samui last night and I picked it up at 11am today, 69k, over list price but I expected that living where I do.

I only have one question....

Why the heck have I been riding a scooter for so long?

Darn good fun so far!

EDIT: Sorry for double post, connection timed out and something odd happened!

post-34475-1182237920_thumb.jpg

Edited by mac.wheeler

I had a new CBR 150 RR (51k) for a week and gave it back in favour of a larger 400. (they took it back for 50k - not bad rental price for 7 days!)

I've now sold the 400 and will be leaving LOS soon.

Looking back, I should kept the CBR. Lovely handling, light clutch, fab gearbox, a bit raggy over 110km/h I thought (but it was only a 'can of redbull' producing that much grumpf), but still, a cracking bike and I probably could have sold it after three years for about 45k.

good luck with your rider meetings - something strange happens psychologically when a bike group gets together for a ride, like a unconscious feeling of happiness... you find that your jaw hurts from the constant grinning going on in your helmet! great fun, especially in the north.

Green-eyed monster.

Good Luck with it!!!

Well you paid probably 5,000 Bht extra for the transport and the urgent request, but that's well worth the fun.

I have mine now 1 1/2 weeks and still excited to drive around with it.

Moo9

• 3 weeks later...
Could somebody point me at a good source for a performance exhaust for my CBR please?

I would be interested too! And how about the legal thing. BiB in Pattaya are rather keen on fining you with a nice exhaust.

There is a mail order shop in BKK, which sells extras for the CBR 150R. Better have a Thai contact them, as for farang they quote prices in USD, which are generally higher than the THB prices.

I try to send you the link of their webpage soon, when I am at the office again.

If I remember right, the price for a sport exhaust is around 100 Euro maybe. But you have to look for somebody to mount it.

However, I am still not sure about the legal thing. Somewhere the wrote...only for circuit use. I assume in BKK or Pattaya you only run into problems with it.

Moo9

I've been here in CM for a year and a half and am still renting, most recently a 135cc Yamaha Spark. I thought that was going to be the one to buy but it's been feeling slower and slower as the weeks go by. Phantoms are slugs. Air Blades have cute little wheels that just don't feel good at 100kph -- I could never take it far out of town. Nouvos and clicks -- I rented them but after a week or so the thrill was gone. I'm not what you would call a good rider by any stretch of the imagination but I still think I need a real bike. Since I don't want to support criminals who steal bikes in Japan the choices are limited. I've been reading this thread for a while now and all of you who have posted -- your enthusiasm is contagious. NO other bike thread on TV has such staying power.

But being my everyday around-town bike, it would have to have a place to put a raincoat, groceries, etc. Does the CBR have any room under the seat? Is there a stock rack and box one can have installed on the back? Or would that futz with the aerodynamics or just look lame? I'm not as concerned about looking lame, but all experience and opinions are welcome.

But being my everyday around-town bike, it would have to have a place to put a raincoat, groceries, etc. Does the CBR have any room under the seat? Is there a stock rack and box one can have installed on the back? Or would that futz with the aerodynamics or just look lame? I'm not as concerned about looking lame, but all experience and opinions are welcome.

Well you can't beat a Nouvo for transportation and everyday usage. I have a CBR150R now, it is a great bike, but rather useless for going shopping with my wife, I mean, she can carry bags when I drive, but when I go shopping alone, it's a kind of problem.

There is a small compartment under the second seat (tiny really), but you might pack a raincoat.

A storage box - hmmm....I don't know whether there is one available. However I think, that might look really lame.... :o

rgds

moo9

bungalowbill had a big box on the back of his little scooter, and so did our friend with an NSR150! Yes, a box would look lame on a CBR. mcgriffith stores a medium thick rain poncho under his pillion; that's about all that will fit. My fancy rainsuits wouldn't fit. I had this great photo of bringing home the groceries from Tesco Lotus, with white bags hanging down from each mirror, and a big cargo net holding about 72 cans of Diet Coke. Those fancy rectangular cargo nets with six bungee hooks are hard to find here, though; I brought mine from America.

It's amazing how sturdy the 7-11 plastic bags are, hanging down from the mirror stalks at 80 kph.

Nobody should buy a new CBR150 for around 62K baht and hope they'll resell it three years later for 45K, unless it has very minimal mileage and is untouched. My asking price was 25K at the three year point, but I didn't sell it. I turned 45,000 km this weekend and it's still going strong.

It's amazing how sturdy the 7-11 plastic bags are, hanging down from the mirror stalks at 80 kph.

Thanks for the hint...I did not dare to hang those bags on the mirrors.... :D

Looks lame as well, but what can we do....I do not take my backpack for shopping :o

Regarding resale value....I don't care really, as I plan to ride it at least 3 years or so. Just got 400 km on the clock now...

Hello, it seems some of you guy's have "the need for speed" from a Honda cbr 150, so here is the answer with pics

Bike: CBR150 2004 completely modified. Engine: Original 150cc, 1 piston, 4 valves watercooled, 4 stroke:

Rebored to 169cc, Stage 3 ported and gas flowed head, twin racing high lift cams, 38mm racing carburettor (standard is only 26mm) jetted for quickness at high revs, Racing CDI (allowing higher revs). Endurance exhaust, Adjustable Racing gear and brake footlevers, Larger rear sprocket Suspension and steering : Front lowered 2 inches, ohlins steering damper (20 settings) can adjust while driving along, keeps the front in line with the back (we all hate that wobble affect) Vee rubber tyres (soft compound) helps keep all the mods stuck to the ground. Hard top rear seat cowl (specially made due not available as spare) gives the racing look but easily changes to carry passenger.

Out performs bigger bikes around town, can get thru the traffic!

Have yet to find another cbr 150 modified or not that can keep up with me.

Keeps up with all 125 and 150 two strokes on pullaway, at 80kph+ I leave them for dust.

Top speed 170kph (Chonburi to Rayong Road kept speed for 2k, that was long enough)

Handling at speed and cornering is excellent. (40 laps at Bira racetrack in Pattaya may 2007).

petrol consumption: uses twice as much as standard, but what do u expect, if u want the speed u have to pay for it.

Money spent so far "U DON'T WANT TO REALLY KNOW" but wellworth it when I am on it!

Please come on then :o

24112005.jpg