Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

Can any one link me to any one that sales the bigger downpipe for the original muffler. . , Faddys version is far to expensive....,,

Trying to look on mocyc.com but dont find :/

I bought one from there a week ago it was 1500 Baht. I think they've changed their supplier.

Is it larger than the original downpipe? And how was the fit? I just ordered one today so looking forward to replacing my rotted out pipe.

I did buy one myself 1500 THB its a fair price . . ,

The fit was little bit hard to get it on seams to be some inches missmatch . , they dont give any kind of warranty on this one . ,

1000 times more nice looking then original .,

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows when the CBR will have fuel injection fitted? I read in a Honda newsletter last year (while waiting for a service) that all their bikes would be fitted with fuel injection by the end of 2009. Well that's come and gone and I admit I haven't checked in a few months, but I take it they're still carb fed!

I really am against buying one until this is done, but have been waiting 2 years now. Considered a new Ninja 250 injection, until I was told the price. CBR 150 64000 baht..................250R pushing 150,000 uhhh sorry, no thanks I'll leave it, being about 50k too heavy in my reckoning.

I suppose I could always try the Honda website, but it appears a little English unfriendly when I visited some time ago!

Is there any mention of a 250 by Honda it may be a little more realistically priced than the Kawazaki?

Any help would be appreciated.

I wonder if anyone knows when the CBR will have fuel injection fitted?

Maybe.....Just maybe......someone, somewhere in the inner workings at Honda Headquarters may know the answer to both your questions.

But sure as hel_l not telling anyone else so far.

I was told the VTR 250 would be here in Feb /March this year.......not holding my breath tho.

Most posters on here suggest the up-coming Bkk Motor Show may reveal something from Honda. Who Knows?

I bought the carb model because I reckoned that the little depreciation u suffer from a resale/trade-in of the 150 when the FI model comes out, I could put down to enjoyment!! But that was 6 months ago now.....I think now Id wait untill the M/Show at least.

I also looked at the Kawa 250 but simply not worth the extra almost 100000 B over the Honda. (And nowhere near as good as the CBR in heavy traffic)

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone knows when the CBR will have fuel injection fitted? I read in a Honda newsletter last year (while waiting for a service) that all their bikes would be fitted with fuel injection by the end of 2009. Well that's come and gone and I admit I haven't checked in a few months, but I take it they're still carb fed!

I really am against buying one until this is done, but have been waiting 2 years now. Considered a new Ninja 250 injection, until I was told the price. CBR 150 64000 baht..................250R pushing 150,000 uhhh sorry, no thanks I'll leave it, being about 50k too heavy in my reckoning.

I suppose I could always try the Honda website, but it appears a little English unfriendly when I visited some time ago!

Is there any mention of a 250 by Honda it may be a little more realistically priced than the Kawazaki?

Any help would be appreciated.

It's my understanding that in other countries the Ninja 250R and VTR 250 are essentially the same price; don't know why you consider the Ninja to not be realistically priced; it's cheaper than most parts of the world and priced bang on with what it is in the States.

I wonder if anyone knows when the CBR will have fuel injection fitted?

Maybe.....Just maybe......someone, somewhere in the inner workings at Honda Headquarters may know the answer to both your questions.

But sure as hel_l not telling anyone else so far.

I was told the VTR 250 would be here in Feb /March this year.......not holding my breath tho.

Most posters on here suggest the up-coming Bkk Motor Show may reveal something from Honda. Who Knows?

I bought the carb model because I reckoned that the little depreciation u suffer from a resale/trade-in of the 150 when the FI model comes out, I could put down to enjoyment!! But that was 6 months ago now.....I think now Id wait untill the M/Show at least.

I also looked at the Kawa 250 but simply not worth the extra almost 100000 B over the Honda. (And nowhere near as good as the CBR in heavy traffic)

Extra 100k? That's insane, unless you were looking at a new Ninja and a used CBR.....

But you're quite right, in the city there's essentially nothing I'd rather be on than my baby CBR.

I hope the FI CBR will have at least 165 cc and 22 HP. Maybe 2011?

I think that 22 at the crank is quite doable; expecting that at the rear tyre is a bit of a stretch from bike that small and reliable...

Extra 100k? That's insane, unless you were looking at a new Ninja and a used CBR.....

Dave-Boo with due respect.....Not so insane.....64000 as opposed to 150,000 ok 86,000 different...not 100k. But thats enuf for a 2nd new CBR plus a hellava lot of beer money. Significant in my books.

Im not knocking the Ninja 250..its a good bike. But in my reasoning (for my usage) the performance versa extra cost does not equate.

In fact where I drive Im sure the CBR would arrive in less time than the Ninja, but Im not racing, the difference would be very marginal. Even a 600cc bike has the same drive time as the CBR 150......and the CBR 150 is lots faster than the cars/pickups that go screaming past me at 150kph. The drivers must get very uptight passing me continuously but always behind!! Im sure many bike riders know that only too well.

I realize that most contributors here are CRB enthusiasts, so I'm asking you for Cbr objective information:

I rented the PCX and found it too big for heavy traffic. Its mirrors reach across 88cm, compared to 74 on a lot of bikes and it's a bit more heavy -- in my view, there is NO difficulty with power in Chiang Mai, it's bulk. On the other hand I presently drive a little 'Suki 650 at home (in process of moving here), and dislike the clutchless gadget I've been renting.

Question - most times, when the driving qualities of the Crb in city traffic is discussed, everyone in this forum says it is great. But clear, experienced, and detailed comparisons of those handling qualities are not available, excepting sometimes when compared admiringly to famous BIG BAD BIKES (OK, or with derision by a few comparing Cbr to Boxer 250 - I ignore these friendly exchanges) Except for four months here, my own experience in dodging about in heavy confused traffic has been in French cities for some years, where I drove automatic scooters (with a different geometry regarding weight). I've owned big bikes too.

I hope I've expressed a context for my question: Assuming that I'm competent with a clutch (yes, one down and...), brakes (rear v front and...), how happy will I be among these kid drivers, the nut-case autos - as compared with the toys bikes? Please just assume that I'm competent, though just a cruiser - never owned a sports type.

Humbly yours,

I know in BKK there is some big market for bikes that supposedly has all kinds of things for CBR150s as well. Anybody been there?

Nope, never heard of it. Would like to though.

it's called poonsub - a 40 minute taxi ride from sukhumvit skytrain station

mostly stuff for fino, mio, sonic, click

a lot of dress up parts, some engine parts...

only a little English spoken

probably hundreds of shops,,,even salvage parts and newly painted sets of bodywork.

I went there looking for Airblade and Raider parts and could not find any....

I did not see any shop specializing in CBR 150 stuff but that doesn't mean it wasn't there..I would bring a thai person with me if I went again.

Typing Poonsub into google I got this map to (what I presume) is that market. In Klong Toey apparently.

http://th.pagenation.com/bkk/This+Spot_100..._13.7161125.map

Biggest Honda Dealership in Bangkok?

So my regular Honda dealership didn't have a a bigger jet to put in my CBR. (115 upto 120). I'd like to pop into another one tmro to get some more stuff done. (carb clean again, new air filter (sports if possible), clean the exhaust, and a bigger jet)

Does anybody know the main Honda bike dealership in Bangkok? Or at least a big one?

Thanks.

I realize that most contributors here are CRB enthusiasts, so I'm asking you for Cbr objective information:

I rented the PCX and found it too big for heavy traffic. Its mirrors reach across 88cm, compared to 74 on a lot of bikes and it's a bit more heavy -- in my view, there is NO difficulty with power in Chiang Mai, it's bulk. On the other hand I presently drive a little 'Suki 650 at home (in process of moving here), and dislike the clutchless gadget I've been renting.

Question - most times, when the driving qualities of the Crb in city traffic is discussed, everyone in this forum says it is great. But clear, experienced, and detailed comparisons of those handling qualities are not available, excepting sometimes when compared admiringly to famous BIG BAD BIKES (OK, or with derision by a few comparing Cbr to Boxer 250 - I ignore these friendly exchanges) Except for four months here, my own experience in dodging about in heavy confused traffic has been in French cities for some years, where I drove automatic scooters (with a different geometry regarding weight). I've owned big bikes too.

I hope I've expressed a context for my question: Assuming that I'm competent with a clutch (yes, one down and...), brakes (rear v front and...), how happy will I be among these kid drivers, the nut-case autos - as compared with the toys bikes? Please just assume that I'm competent, though just a cruiser - never owned a sports type.

Humbly yours,

Without controlled scientific testing, all comparisons of bikes are opinions only, and owners of the various bike brands will all suggest theirs is best........and probably is...for that rider/owner.

The CBR has these facts.

Better/bigger braking than scooters therefore safer.

One of the narrowest bikes around, including scooters (I believe) That combined with relatively short overall length and lightness gives good manouvering in lines of stopped or moving traffic.

Has great acceleration, better than any scooter and will keep pace with many "big" bikes up to 80 KPH plus and accelerates to 120kph with ease.

Has enough performance to cruise all day at 100kph plus, with out stressing the bike, or the driver.

Good handling, and will keep pace on a tight winding road with bigger sport bikes. (depending on driver capability of course) Eat any chopper or scooter.

Good fuel economy 30km per liter with hard driving easily obtained.

Cheap to buy. Very low depreciation compared to almost any other bike.

All in all a great bike. (in my opinion)

Question - most times, when the driving qualities of the Crb in city traffic is discussed, everyone in this forum says it is great. But clear, experienced, and detailed comparisons of those handling qualities are not available....

Hi. Even comparison tests by grizzled road testers aren't available in the USA - they only once asked the junior staffer to compare the 500-to-600 bikes before 2004. You don't give enough context (we bought a Honda PCX; I hated my ride around the block). The CBX is my all-time favorite. Up to 138 kph. You never owned a sports bike? The CBR is not extreme.

The CBR is great in Bangkok traffic, its flingable, brakes are good and the mirrors fold in to get you through tight spots. Power is plenty ample.

The mirrors are pretty much useless though you can't really see anything behind your arm.

The headlights are too dim, but can be easily fixed by putting in better bulbs.

The CBR is probably the skinniest bike currently available as mentioned above, in my opinion this is the fastest bike for traffic cutting when the traffic is at a stand still. When the Honda Click in front of you can't get through, the CBR weaves right through. But this is because of the foldable mirrors.

The balance of the bike is better than a Click, you can literally keep it standing when going 1-2 mph or slower (comes with skill though)

The bike is extremely sensitive to sprocket change so its really easy to tune to your liking.

For riding through twisty mountain roads imo it doesnt handle the same as other bikes, its more responsive to steering with the body as opposed to counter steering like on a bigger bike. But it is very easy to pitch the bike by pointing and leading with your knee.

The bike is very responsive when you put pressure on the inner footpeg when your in a curve, and again makes it pitch into the corner faster. If your about to smack the wall, just drop your knee and push don on the inner foot peg and it ill save you.

When coming out of a corner it usually responds best going 2 gears down.

Thanks for the specifics so far regarding the Crb. I'm confident that it would serve ME well in the country and in hills for my purposes - particularly as compared to these town bikes. Note that I'm NOT asking how to ride, but how IT handles in traffic in cities. Your experience if compared to smaller scooters and motorbikes would be most helpful.

Naturally, I'll continue my search for a place where I can rent one for a day, but last weekend I had no luck, especially as one outfit (Pop's) seems to have a set line of bikes and numerous outlets.

As for my relationship to the PCX, I posted my evaluation of it on the "New Pcx-125" string, p. 3, post 63. Rascal's mirrors are 14cm wider (188) than a Nouvo Elegance's, to give an example.

Again, t'anks

Thanks for the specifics so far regarding the Crb. I'm confident that it would serve ME well in the country and in hills for my purposes - particularly as compared to these town bikes. Note that I'm NOT asking how to ride, but how IT handles in traffic in cities. Your experience if compared to smaller scooters and motorbikes would be most helpful.

Naturally, I'll continue my search for a place where I can rent one for a day, but last weekend I had no luck, especially as one outfit (Pop's) seems to have a set line of bikes and numerous outlets.

As for my relationship to the PCX, I posted my evaluation of it on the "New Pcx-125" string, p. 3, post 63. Rascal's mirrors are 14cm wider (188) than a Nouvo Elegance's, to give an example.

Again, t'anks

maybe too far away for you?? but Pattaya have some CBR150 for rent.

The CBR mirrors are 690mm tip to tip. A Honda wave is 780mm Honda Scoopy 690mm

I have very limited experience with scooter type bikes but what I have had tells me it aint what I want and certainly not what I need. The CBR gives me what I need and want.

I have a CBR 400 also which I like, but for commuting in heavy traffic the 150 is faster (because of manouverability) and much easier to ride.

Crb in heavy city traffic -

Thanks for the ideas. Understand the part about upper balance on bikes as compared to lower on scooters and delighted about mirror distances. This weekend's searches for a rental 150 will be thorough, but I'm sure I'll find one the very last place I look. It's always that way somehow.

As for out-of-town driving, yours is a proud crowd - can't delight yourselves enough. Depending on test day, I may join ye, particularly as the Boxer does not quite seem to be the handy-in-tight-places city bike it claims as an "all rounder."

Again, thanks

How to get a 120 Jet for my Carby?

I've been trying to up the size of my jet as recommended on this very thread. I've just gone to my second Honda dealership (on Sukhumvit 71. They don't speak English btw). But no, looks like the 115 is the largest that they all stock. Fair enough I suppose. Went for a walk up along suk 71 while they were puting in a new airfilter, changing the oil etc and none of the mom & pop mechanics/motorbike shops had any either.

Any idea where I can get one? would a Ninja250 jet fit into a cbr150 as the kwacker bigbike shop would have those?

Or does anyone else know of a mechanic or store where we can get a bigger jet?

Thanks.

Edited by Yimmy

Well, that won't work then. :)

BTW. the bill was totaled up in the Honda dealership on Suk 71. Came to 488b. Fair enough. Thought it would be around that. Change was given but no receipt or document of what had been done. Asked for it as to keep for when selling the bike. She got all in a fluster, going from computer to mechanic to computer again. 15 miutes later I got my receipt with an extra 103b.

Apparently she had added it up wrong the first time, when a receipt also happened to be forgotten about. Hmmmmmm.

Around victory monument. Always happy to go for a drive around the place though so the location wouldn't be too big a deal if it's somewhere in or around the city. Always happy to see new suburbs etc. :)
ah ok, leaving victory monument take the road that leads to din dang (the road with the park and a bridge, going away from victory monument) hang a left and there's a shop on your immediate left. They sell parts there and repair stuff in the back,the head mechanic knows two strokes pretty well.

Im going there this weekend to get my autolube seal replaced for my other bike...I'll see if they have jets fo ya!

Dave-Boo with due respect.....Not so insane.....64000 as opposed to 150,000 ok 86,000 different...not 100k. But thats enuf for a 2nd new CBR plus a hellava lot of beer money. Significant in my books.

Im not knocking the Ninja 250..its a good bike. But in my reasoning (for my usage) the performance versa extra cost does not equate.

In fact where I drive Im sure the CBR would arrive in less time than the Ninja, but Im not racing, the difference would be very marginal. Even a 600cc bike has the same drive time as the CBR 150......and the CBR 150 is lots faster than the cars/pickups that go screaming past me at 150kph. The drivers must get very uptight passing me continuously but always behind!! Im sure many bike riders know that only too well.

I'm still a CBR evangelist, but are the CBRs 64 000 out the door? And while you can essentially buy another CBR for that price it's a bit hard to ride both at the same time (but the beer money saved does taste good).

I've stated time and again that the CBR mops the floor with every other bike in city driving, but I've found I've done less and less of that recently. The added ease of passing at speed and the smoothness of the twin pistons sure does make those marathon rides I've been taking much more enjoyable....and on the straight open road I've found that I'm usually the one rolling back on the throttle in the groups of <250cc riders...

Humbly yours,

I'm going to tackle the geometry issue first (simply because I like thought/math problems). The CBR actually tips over MUCH faster than those scooters that you're used to. As Peace Blondie mentioned, being able to muscle it around is a huge advantage. I haven't ridden any auto scooters in the city, but a 125 Wave-I, which has decent pickup for a scooter, just always felt bulky.

I'm still a CBR evangelist, but are the CBRs 64 000 out the door? And while you can essentially buy another CBR for that price it's a bit hard to ride both at the same time (but the beer money saved does taste good).

I've stated time and again that the CBR mops the floor with every other bike in city driving, but I've found I've done less and less of that recently. The added ease of passing at speed and the smoothness of the twin pistons sure does make those marathon rides I've been taking much more enjoyable....and on the straight open road I've found that I'm usually the one rolling back on the throttle in the groups of <250cc riders...

Dave_Boo Yes still 64k out the door.....last week anyway. The Honda dealer stocks 3 new (one of each colour) on the floor always, plus has 2 second hand ones available.

(smile) if you cant ride 2 bikes the same time....well... means even more beer money available!!

Opposite to you, I find Im restricted more and more to the confines of heavy traffic driving....where the CBR has no peers.

But agree with you, on the open road there is no substitute for multiple cylinders. Why I have the CBR 400. I also rent occasionaly a 600cc bike for even more enjoyment on trips, but alas doesnt happen very often now due to working committments. But having the big bike does eat into that beer money again!! :)

Excuse my ignorance.

A couple of Thais have told me the CBR is no longer in production. However, they are still in the showrooms and the garage I use, who seem to know their stuff, insist they are still in production.

So, can anyone else confirm they are still being produced?

If they are, does anyone know why this rumour that they are no longer in production exists?

Over to you.

Thanks.

This weekend's searches for a rental 150 will be thorough, but I'm sure I'll find one the very last place I look. It's always that way somehow.

There is a place called Pirates Cove in the city that has a few CBR 150s for rent on Ratchamanka road.. Which is directly opposite Loi kroh inside the moat.

Edited by Calikid

Excuse my ignorance.

A couple of Thais have told me the CBR is no longer in production. However, they are still in the showrooms and the garage I use, who seem to know their stuff, insist they are still in production.

So, can anyone else confirm they are still being produced?

If they are, does anyone know why this rumour that they are no longer in production exists?

Over to you.

Thanks.

RichardBKK has been a proponent of this 'fact'....and then there was a rumour that there was simply going to be an FI system tacked on...who knows.