Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

"God you really are a moron, when did i ever say the needle didn't need adjustment, actually in most cases all you'd have to do is turn the mixture screw."

Exactly WHEN DID you ever talk about the needle until i mentioned it.

KRS1.... This Discussion..... which as far as i'm concerned is all it is. Started when i asked you what proof you had to your firm conviction that the original exhaust is better than ANY after market pipe. I don't believe that at any time i used rude or condesending words to you. So the statement that i'm a moron is a bit steep. :redcard1:

As for my old bike yes i did try and rejet it but due to my lack of Thai and getting the correct parts i left it as standard in the end. As for the gearing I honestly can't remember what they were when i sold it (stock i believe). I did enjoy experimenting with the bike but lack of time and the neccersary parts made it difficult.

You enjoy your bikes and tuning. I can tell, But sometimes other peoples ideas are valid as well. :wai:

I'm finished with this thread until after we Dyno Thomo's bike early next month. Have a nice long weekend everyone.

Doesn't seem like you mentioned the mixture screw either, why didn't you mention the mixture screw before? - did it slip your mind?

But you've never taken apart your carb, so how did you try to tune it yourself? Seems like any normal person would just take the part in hand to the parts guy and just show him what you needed.

Your sprockets weren't stock, they were something way off the mark like 34 or 36 rear. I can see why you'd think that endurance is better now, you'd need it to rev just to keep from stalling.

Wow... You must have been there when i sold my bike. Either that or you can look back into the past.

As for the mixture screw.I'm not the one claiming to know all. Actually i did state i have never dismantled a Cbr150 engine etc.

Any way stop turning this in to a pissing competition. You have know finally stated why you believe that the standard exhaust is better so its up to the Thai visa masses what they want to do with that info. Thank you

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then stop pointing fingers, and misquoting, it gets annoying after the third time.

I never said all aftermarket exhaust were bad, i said aftermarket exhaust FOR THE CBR 150 with tubing that is TOO LARGE will not work out well. 99% of the people reading this thread will go buy a commercially available aftermarket exhaust from the corner Somchai with no other modifications, however if you get a CUSTOM designed exhaust that is CORRECTLY designed for power and NOT SOUND like whats available on the market by Endurance, DBS, Tsukigi - it will work.

When using a tube that is too big you lose exhaust velocity, no you're not gaining velocity your losing velocity, so how do you know if it's too big?

Im sure Dave_Boo will step in soon and try to explain why exhaust velocity is important and why there needs to be balance of both volume and velocity and why a tube that's too large inhibits scavenging.

Not want to disrupt a good discussion, but the Honda CBR150R replacement will be on the Thai market in September. Nope its not a 150cc.

I asked at the Honda shop where I go Friday, and they said not Sept ...but November. Also said it wasnt 150cc. prompted they sort of said 250cc but then back tracked to cover up. But did confirm a replacement IS coming.

Who knows...can only wait in anticipation. For how long.....only Honda know....maybe.

a) The cbr 150 utilizes a exhaust gas recirculation valve, the bike is not lean tuned -its correctly tuned, and the catalyst isn't there solely for the purpose of meeting emissions, its for the back pressure that's needed, the tube that extends past the Cat is also there to increase velocity. If you want to gain some low end in exchange for hi end, plug the exhaust gas recirculation valve.

B) Lighter doesn't always mean better performance, thats why a crank is designed the way it is - i had a nissan bluebird SSS that was faster stock with 2 people than 1.

c) The exhaust gases are directly related to the design of the intake, your not increasing the volume of fuel/air intake unless you modify the intake. You may increase the rate, but not volume, more than likely the volume has been reduced without first accommodating the intake side. I already wrote that, you missed it.

d) Back pressure is an important factor at all levels not just low levels, as a matter of fact it's really important at high speeds or else you'll just be making a lot of noise and not going anywhere. Why would you want to enter the powerband with less power at higher rpm's? Why? Do you enjoy wasting fuel?

e) Thank you for that long winded post and for shooting yourself in the foot, to sum things up - you'd have to adjust valve overlap to accomodate a commercially available aftermarket pipe. - another reason why stock is best.

I suggest you study muffler design, then come to a conclusion of just what the chambers in the silencer is designed for, its not just to attenuate the sound.

Thank you have a nice day - I'm out

Then stop pointing fingers, and misquoting, it gets annoying after the third time.

I never said all aftermarket exhaust were bad, i said aftermarket exhaust FOR THE CBR 150 with tubing that is TOO LARGE will not work out well. 99% of the people reading this thread will go buy a commercially available aftermarket exhaust from the corner Somchai with no other modifications, however if you get a CUSTOM designed exhaust that is CORRECTLY designed for power and NOT SOUND like whats available on the market by Endurance, DBS, Tsukigi - it will work.

When using a tube that is too big you lose exhaust velocity, no you're not gaining velocity your losing velocity, so how do you know if it's too big?

Im sure Dave_Boo will step in soon and try to explain why exhaust velocity is important and why there needs to be balance of both volume and velocity and why a tube that's too large inhibits scavenging.

I am back, but a bit petulant since the last time my reply was called long winded.....however your last point is correct, there needs to be a fine adjustment between lenght, bends, and diameter in order for the exhaust to be optimal. I'll discuss it later.

I'd like to cover your points first.

A ) If the CBR is tuned correctly, wouldn't plugging the EGR actually make it run rich? If the incoming charge is not competing against (mostly) spent exhaust gasses than it would by definition be running rich. If it's running rich with the plugged EGR why would it then run slower at high speeds but better at low speeds?

B ) I'm sure you seat of the pants dyno was indeed reading faster when you were driving to impress your significant other or mate. Also, I apologise on the behalf of all those silly engineers who think it's cool to use titanium, aluminium alloyes, magnesium and carbon fibre....

C ) You realise that rate is amount over a time period (litres per hour, kilometers per hour, etc); thus this part of your post makes no sense to me. Are you saying that the speed at which the mix comes in is faster but there's less coming in?

D ) I'm actually going back to my agreement with you from earlier in the post. There is quite a difference between running your engine at idle and at full bore. There's significantly less gap between the valve's opening (at 1500 RPM the valves open every 0.16 sec and at 10 000 RPM they open every 0.024 sec) which affects the inherent scavenging ability of the gasses. At lower speeds there's enough of a gap that measures are taken to restrict the speed of the exhaust. Two strokes made exhaust valves famous, but they've been used in four stroke engines also. As the speed increases the frequency of the pulses exhausting results in a condition where the engine is, instead of using the last pulse to pull the next out, is using the latest pulse to push the old one out.

Coincidentally did you ever read up on the intakes that change their lenght? Opposite principle. As the engines gulps in a charge it creates a vaccum behind the valve. As the vaccum collapses with the charge of air filling the void the valve should be opening for the next intake charge. At lower speeds the length is good enough to prevent the charge of air from rushing in and htting a closed valve which obviously creates turbulence. Lenghting the intake at speed keeps a charge of air in the correct 'shape' for the quicker pulses.

E ) Do you have any empirical data presenting irrefutable truth that you must change your overlap to take advantage of the new pipe? You do realise that changing overlap changes the peak torque position and very little else right?

Finally, if you seriously believe the hyperbole that mufflers have anything to do with the engines scavenging abilities you're worst off than I thought. If that was true the fastest accelerating land vehicles in the world (Top Fuel dragsters) would use them......obviously anything they can use to go 400 meters in 4-ish seconds would be put on in a heartbeat.

Edited by dave_boo

God i hate these long types of post.

Dave_boo, all your statements can be squashed simply by explaining why there needs to be a balance of velocity and volume.Explain this and your own questions and doubts will be answered.

Don't forget were talking about the CBR 150 here, not other models. Statement D) in your post fails to make any mention of the shim thickness,which the CBR 150 specifically incorporates. So post D) is null and absolutely void.

You've said a lot, but nothing of any worth.

Explain why velocity and volume are needed and how it affects scavenging.

I dare you.

Is that your shop across the way from Loi Kroh? It says Tony's big bike, so it must be yours ehh? :whistling:

Urm, yeah, cuz I'm the only guy in Thailand named Tony, right? :lol:

So then where's your shop, you know, the place you make carbon fiber and try to push here on the forum. The warehouse, where's the warehouse? C'mon, your the man, your cool and quick witted and you have a 'BigBike', can we all just have a chance to be as cool as you?

Please?

Sorry for the late reply- just got back from an epic 4 day 2200+ km ride-

Highway120FrameSSR.jpg

Erm... wow dude- you have some issues don't you? loco.gif

FYI I don't have a retail shop but my warehouse is located in Minburi. It's not open to the public and sorry, but you'll never be as cool as me :cheesy:

Ride On!

Tony

072410SSRGTRMHSZmSSR.jpg

B) Lighter doesn't always mean better performance, thats why a crank is designed the way it is - i had a nissan bluebird SSS that was faster stock with 2 people than 1.

So you're suggesting that a heavy stock exhaust will give better performance than a lightweight aftermarket exhaust? Do you understand the concept of power to weight? Now who's shooting themselves in the foot? :lol:

A Nissan Bluebird?! supergay.gif

Nissan_Bluebird_rear_20071112.jpg

Yeah, no doubt it was faster when you had two people pushing it... B)

With your every post you're digging youself into a deeper hole. Keep it up- quite entertaining!

It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln

Not want to disrupt a good discussion, but the Honda CBR150R replacement will be on the Thai market in September. Nope its not a 150cc.

I asked at the Honda shop where I go Friday, and they said not Sept ...but November. Also said it wasnt 150cc. prompted they sort of said 250cc but then back tracked to cover up. But did confirm a replacement IS coming.

Who knows...can only wait in anticipation. For how long.....only Honda know....maybe.

I have been wrong before, I once said that the Honda CBR150R will go out of production at the end of 2009, in reality it was March 2010. So yes, the Honda CBR150R replacement could as well come in November, I'm not working for Honda marketing. But I'm sure that Honda could start retail sales in September, but, maybe that is not a good month to launch a new product in Thailand... Anyway the dimensions of the bike are 2,080×725×1,055mm (the some measurements are still open as rear fender and foot pegs are likely adjusted to suit the Thai market).

Do you understand the concept of pipe resonance loss, and why you lose velocity with thin walled materials do to vibration?

whats the point of a lighter exhaust if it makes less power?...whats the point of your exhaust constantly cracking do to thin materials and sprouting exhaust leaks?

As far as the bluebird goes, as you quoted yourself ... "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt..."

f

Here's another fact you wont be able to comprehend, because an ape's brain just can't handle it. The Japanese spec Bluebird SSS exhaust system uses 'square' tubing, tapered down.

Maybe you'd like to explain why there has to be a balance between velocity and volume, you have a shop so you should know, unless you simply enjoy screwing your customers with systems that don't work.

No one has yet to step up and say explicitly that an aftermarket exhaust for the CBR 150 has shown gains.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed. Rooo.

Is that your shop across the way from Loi Kroh? It says Tony's big bike, so it must be yours ehh? :whistling:

Urm, yeah, cuz I'm the only guy in Thailand named Tony, right? :lol:

So then where's your shop, you know, the place you make carbon fiber and try to push here on the forum. The warehouse, where's the warehouse? C'mon, your the man, your cool and quick witted and you have a 'BigBike', can we all just have a chance to be as cool as you?

Please?

Sorry for the late reply- just got back from an epic 4 day 2200+ km ride-

Highway120FrameSSR.jpg

Erm... wow dude- you have some issues don't you? loco.gif

FYI I don't have a retail shop but my warehouse is located in Minburi. It's not open to the public and sorry, but you'll never be as cool as me :cheesy:

Ride On!

Tony

072410SSRGTRMHSZmSSR.jpg

Tony.... Hey, I know where that pic was taken! Were you able to dodge the rains?

post-498-012319500 1280211111_thumb.jpg

It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt. ~Abraham Lincoln " good quote "

It's been funny flicking through this one, I don't understand why people can't explain there point without getting touchy, agree to disagree KRS1.

I have just got to play the fool, in the ealier posts did he ever mention about whether he put turbo diesel truck oil in the bike and ran a car engine filter.?

Tony.... Hey, I know where that pic was taken! Were you able to dodge the rains?

Cheers T-Dog,

Awesome weekend and we got quite lucky with the weather.

Nickster took this photo somewhere near MHS I believe.

SSRHooliganRideJuly2010.jpg

Some light rain between Mae Sot and Mae Sariang on Friday. Scattered light rain again between Mae Sariang and Pai. Really the only place it rained a bit hard was coming in to Chiang Mai on Saturday.

Ian Bungy took this pic at the X-Centre-

DSC07589Small.jpg

That was the heaviest rain we encountered. All in all the weather was really quite good B)

072410SSRGTRMHSSSR.jpg

Full trip report here:

And here: http://www.gt-rider.com/thailand-motorcycle-forum/ssr-hooligans-heading-north-july-23-26th-t7761-25.html

Ride On!

Tony

whats the point of a lighter exhaust if it makes less power?...whats the point of your exhaust constantly cracking do to thin materials and sprouting exhaust leaks?

As far as the bluebird goes, as you quoted yourself ... "It is better to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and resolve all doubt..."

f

No one has yet to step up and say explicitly that an aftermarket exhaust for the CBR 150 has shown gains.

A good aftermarket exhaust will cut weight, improve power and there is no reason for a quality aftermarket pipe to crack or leak. . I don't know anything about the CBR150, never owned one and never will, but all the guys racing 250cc Ninja 250Rs replace their stock exhausts for 2 reasons. The stock pipe is very heavy and it's very restricted. That's true of most modern motorcycles. As someone pointed out earlier- modern motorcycle exhaust systems are not designed for performance- they are designed to cut noise and emissions to keep the bikes street legal. And you have yet to prove that aftermarket exhausts don't show gains. Plenty of exhaust companies, like TWO BROS, Arrow and LeoVince etc. publish Dyno charts showing the power gains achieved with their exhausts. But what do they know? Guess you must be right and everyone else wrong.

fwhen I had my R33 Skyline GTR in Japan I used to eat Bluebirds for breakfast :lol: She looked almost identical to this one:

r33pic4-1600-1200.jpg

But had to sell it as I couldn't afford all the dam_n speeding tickets and was close to losing my license and possibly even my visa... :whistling:

Since then I've been content to drive slow cars and ride fast bikes.

I wish you luck with your little CBR and stock exhaust. Hopefully some day when you grow up you'll be able to afford a real sport bike or at least a proper exhaust! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

DSC_6936SSR.jpg

Edited by Rooo
flame in quote removed,Rooo.

I think too many people here are facinated by exhaust pipes. Maybe you just blowing out hot air and moisture?

This is being said in jest for fun only.

Don't get so serious, it's hardly a super, duper, road racer we talking about here, it's a CBR 150.

How about a NO2 conversion to get the power ratio up and running?

Dave_boo, all your statements can be squashed simply by explaining why there needs to be a balance of velocity and volume.Explain this and your own questions and doubts will be answered.

Don't forget were talking about the CBR 150 here, not other models. Statement D) in your post fails to make any mention of the shim thickness,which the CBR 150 specifically incorporates. So post D) is null and absolutely void.

I dare you.

You haven't 'squashed' any of my statements; in fact reading back through you haven't deconstructed any of them except for 'no you're wrong' or changing the goal posts. If you'd like I can provide a nice long post that describes what actually goes on in extremely complex mathematical equations.....but considering your first line of the post I'm replying to that may not be a good idea.

You're statement about "were (sic) talking about the CBR 150 here, not other models" is extremely interesting; does Honda engineer in some secret sauce that allows them to ignore the laws of physics that apply to not only their other models but every other manufacturer? The shim thickness does help at a certain RPM, but do you believe that it applies to ALL RPMS? Please explain yourself rather than making sweeping statements.

Oh, and BTW, you do know that gram for gram the aluminium will be thicker than the steel exhaust right? And since we're talking resonance frequency and the effect on standing waves, what of the increased corrosion and it's effect on the volumetric efficiency?

I have been wrong before, I once said that the Honda CBR150R will go out of production at the end of 2009, in reality it was March 2010. So yes, the Honda CBR150R replacement could as well come in November, I'm not working for Honda marketing. But I'm sure that Honda could start retail sales in September, but, maybe that is not a good month to launch a new product in Thailand... Anyway the dimensions of the bike are 2,080×725×1,055mm (the some measurements are still open as rear fender and foot pegs are likely adjusted to suit the Thai market).

A quick check on google shows those dimensions to be the Honda VTR 250. IMO, not a cbr150 replacement as they have nothing in common, just a new model being released by Honda, welcome none the less.

A good aftermarket exhaust will cut weight, improve power and there is no reason for a quality aftermarket pipe to crack or leak. . I don't know anything about the CBR150, never owned one and never will, but all the guys racing 250cc Ninja 250Rs replace their stock exhausts for 2 reasons. The stock pipe is very heavy and it's very restricted. That's true of most modern motorcycles. As someone pointed out earlier- modern motorcycle exhaust systems are not designed for performance- they are designed to cut noise and emissions to keep the bikes street legal. And you have yet to prove that aftermarket exhausts don't show gains. Plenty of exhaust companies, like TWO BROS, Arrow and LeoVince etc. publish Dyno charts showing the power gains achieved with their exhausts. But what do they know? Guess you must be right and everyone else wrong.

So, I tease you about your gay little Bluebird and you call me gay. :ermm: No worries, back when I had my R33 Skyline GTR in Japan I used to eat Bluebirds for breakfast :lol: She looked almost identical to this one:

r33pic4-1600-1200.jpg

But had to sell it as I couldn't afford all the dam_n speeding tickets and was close to losing my license and possibly even my visa... :whistling:

Since then I've been content to drive slow cars and ride fast bikes.

I wish you luck with your little CBR and stock exhaust. Hopefully some day when you grow up you'll be able to afford a real sport bike or at least a proper exhaust! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

DSC_6936SSR.jpg

i think youre the one that needs to grow up, what do you ride in that secret soi? each other?

i think the rainbow flag and the limp wrist icon was your first implication at an insult. I cant ever remember reading anything from you other than to insult other members or to push your carbon fiber products.

grow up.

Edited by Rooo
Flame removed. Rooo.

I dare you.

You haven't 'squashed' any of my statements; in fact reading back through you haven't deconstructed any of them except for 'no you're wrong' or changing the goal posts. If you'd like I can provide a nice long post that describes what actually goes on in extremely complex mathematical equations.....but considering your first line of the post I'm replying to that may not be a good idea.

You're statement about "were (sic) talking about the CBR 150 here, not other models" is extremely interesting; does Honda engineer in some secret sauce that allows them to ignore the laws of physics that apply to not only their other models but every other manufacturer? The shim thickness does help at a certain RPM, but do you believe that it applies to ALL RPMS? Please explain yourself rather than making sweeping statements.

Oh, and BTW, you do know that gram for gram the aluminium will be thicker than the steel exhaust right? And since we're talking resonance frequency and the effect on standing waves, what of the increased corrosion and it's effect on the volumetric efficiency?

Me changing goal post? I believe the original intent was that the CBR 150 exhaust was adequate.

so explain the importance of balance of volume and velocity of exhaust gases, without spurting out big words and math designed for the sole purpose of making yourself look intelligent, you may be able to fool others-but not me.

The world's waiting for you to prove just how smart you really are.While your at it also prove that the CBR 150 exhaust is too small.

i double dare you.

(im going to the US this weekend so you might want to hurry up, or will you "...discuss it later" after you google it?)

ps.. you really believe that shim thickness doesn't apply to the entire RPM range?...LOL, ok, but please dont go tuning any of my bikes.

pss... have you learned how to keep a bike in the powerband by downshifting yet?

psss...the pipe will corrode on the outside, so there's no effect on volumetric efficiency until it gets inside in about 5 years compared at 1 year for a cracked aftermarket pipe.

pssss...aluminum has a higher resonant frequency than steel, at higher rpm\s the resonant frequency is higher having more of an affect on the metal than steel.

psssss...you'll only get a standing wave if the pipe is too big, thank you for illustrating that fact.

incase you forgot, define the importance of exhaust gas volume and velocity...still waiting

Edited by KRS1

While your at it also prove that the CBR 150 exhaust is too small.

*ahem*

*enters poo fight momentarily*

Again, just to bring up, I don't think anybody is saying it is too small. Just that the much lighter, bigger aftermarkets give a better performance. Some agree, some don't.

*exits poo fight, with hopefully poo free clothes*

Me changing goal post? I believe the original intent was that the CBR 150 exhaust was adequate.

so explain the importance of balance of volume and velocity of exhaust gases, without spurting out big words and math designed for the sole purpose of making yourself look intelligent, you may be able to fool others-but not me.

The world's waiting for you to prove just how smart you really are.While your at it also prove that the CBR 150 exhaust is too small.

i double dare you.

(im going to the US this weekend so you might want to hurry up, or will you "...discuss it later" after you google it?)

ps.. you really believe that shim thickness doesn't apply to the entire RPM range?...LOL, ok, but please dont go tuning any of my bikes.

pss... have you learned how to keep a bike in the powerband by downshifting yet?

psss...the pipe will corrode on the outside, so there's no effect on volumetric efficiency until it gets inside in about 5 years compared at 1 year for a cracked aftermarket pipe.

pssss...aluminum has a higher resonant frequency than steel, at higher rpm\s the resonant frequency is higher having more of an affect on the metal than steel.

psssss...you'll only get a standing wave if the pipe is too big, thank you for illustrating that fact.

incase you forgot, define the importance of exhaust gas volume and velocity...still waiting

So much to discuss and so little space allowed....

But out of respect, you know like when I ummh answer one of your post's statement thingies and you don't bother to either admit you were like wrong or show me how well you know I was wrong but rather ya just, I dunno, grasp for another straw that's kinda like changing the goal posts. The original contention was the CBR's exhaust was too widdle.

I'm like sorry I used them fancy schamzy words to like, you know, adequately explain myself and back up my ideas. I've ummh decided to go ahead and like use talk that seems more inline with you're intellectual capacity.

The reason that like volume (which I think is a fancy way of say amount) and velocity (which I learned from that dude that had the apple fall on his noggin!!!!) is simply thoughted about by using them toliet plungers when you got a big steaming pile of poo backing up your crapper. The water in the porcelain throne can't go down due to the skinny size of the pipe thats being stoppered up by the dung. A couple of quick pushes forces the whole mess through. Just like you gots to use muscle to force the water and <deleted> down the pipe, at higher RPMs the engine is working against the small-sized nature of the exhaust....

Im like sorry I don't have plenty of time to reply; working 14 hour shifts kinda cuts into the amount I can spend replying to you....

Don't worry, tuning your bikes is the farthest thing from my mind...

Im sorry, there's no hot gasses nor water vapours going through the inside part of the exhaust that will cause rust.....

Standing waves can also be caused by a restrictive exhaust that cause interference waves...

PS. I think I felt about a dozen or so brain spells commit seppuku for me posting this inane reply dumbed down for you.

PPS. It's Post Post Script....unless you were trying to make a blow-off valve sound...

tried to step out actually, but Thaicbr kept pulling me back in ;)

And in all that time you still haven't explained WHY you consider that the original exhaust is best! :whistling::rolleyes:

The original exhaust is the best, because with all classic motorcycles the more original the more value...

Just my two satang :) :) :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :jap:

Do you understand the concept of pipe resonance loss, and why you lose velocity with thin walled materials do to vibration?

Here's another fact you wont be able to comprehend, because an ape's brain just can't handle it. The Japanese spec Bluebird SSS exhaust system uses 'square' tubing, tapered down.

Maybe you'd like to explain why there has to be a balance between velocity and volume, you have a shop so you should know, unless you simply enjoy screwing your customers with systems that don't work.

Wow, so that is the mighty Japanese spec Bluebird SSS? I would have to admit, it is not that nice at all!

Edited by Rooo
Flames removed.Rooo.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I went to the Honda dealer on Huay Kaew Road in Chiang Mai and spoke to a salesman who spoke very good English. According to him, Honda stopped production on the CBR 150 because they are doing away with all carburetors, and all their bikes are going F/I in Thailand - but that doesn't apply to the ones getting ready to go to India in September. He was adamant that Honda was coming out "soon" with a new CBR150 that would be F/I.

I gave him one of my cards and told him that IF Honda comes out with a new CBR 150, call me and I'll take the first black one they can get. He took me into the office and gave my card to a woman there and told her, in English, that I want to be notified as soon as the new CBR 150's come in. She smiled and told me: "They will come soon.".

Twenty minutes or so later I'm home and check my email and find a reply to the email I sent to Honda just the other day about the CBR 150. Here it is:

Sent: Tue 8/10/10 11:28 PM

To: Dean Marsh

Cc: APH CallCenter Agent2 ([email protected])

Dear Mr. Dean Marsh

Thank you For your interest in Honda motorcycle.

Now CBR 150 is no longer made. Because Caburetor system not making.

Next time all model. Honda still producing Injettion System

Honda will have new model to in Troduce in the market soon.

Thank you & Best regards,

Customer Relations Dept.

After Market Div.

Now while he didn't SPECIFICALLY state the "new model" would be a CBR 150, I'm assuming, based on my conversation with the guy at the dealership, that's what he meant. But then again, who knows? Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by Rooo
Removed personal Email address for privacy reasons, as per forum rules. Rooo.

I suggest keeping this debate civil & stop name calling & flaming. I have taken the time to delete some flames, to keep the topic in perspective & flowing.

Next time I will delete whole posts & issue warnings to offenders.

Tyres

Just some follow up on my Michelin Sporty that I got last month or so - 2,100b for the set. Bloody brilliant they are. Was riding for two hours through torrential rain a few days ago and had it pinned the whole way with complete confidence in them. Never had a pair of tyres that stick to road like them before.

Plus I had the rear (and front) suspension lowered which also made a big difference in how the bike feels.... Glued to the road it was, at 100-120kph going headfirst into hours of torrential rain.

Would recommend them in a heartbeat.

Edited by thomo