Honda Cbr150

Crow Boy

The HJC I got today is actually a Medium, but fits much tighter than my REAL, which is a Small.

Love the REAL, but definitely like this one better.

That's interesting, the info i found only stated the larger sizes. Also interesting that HJC medium is a REAL small, as i wear the small as well. Will have to try a HJC and see how it feels.

It's great that now you can get different sizes in Thailand. 3 years ago all i could find was Large or XL. At that time i walked into a local bike accessory/helmet shop and asked for a medium size to try. They grabbed a helmet and said "Free size"! I didn't even bother trying it on, let alone trying to explain that a loose fitting helmet basically defeats the purpose of the helmet.

This is a REAL that i had painted up last year. A rip-off from the Bell Arrow Strafer Helmet, but i changed the girl!

post-70604-0-31709700-1315061788_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The HJC I got today is actually a Medium, but fits much tighter than my REAL, which is a Small.

Love the REAL, but definitely like this one better.

That's interesting, the info i found only stated the larger sizes. Also interesting that HJC medium is a REAL small, as i wear the small as well. Will have to try a HJC and see how it feels.

It's great that now you can get different sizes in Thailand. 3 years ago all i could find was Large or XL. At that time i walked into a local bike accessory/helmet shop and asked for a medium size to try. They grabbed a helmet and said "Free size"! I didn't even bother trying it on, let alone trying to explain that a loose fitting helmet basically defeats the purpose of the helmet.

This is a REAL that i had painted up last year. A rip-off from the Bell Arrow Strafer Helmet, but i changed the girl!

post-70604-0-31709700-1315061788_thumb.j

I think if you check the label on the HJC it a Vietnamese one so maybe they have ASIAN sized them.

But i find the REAL's to run on the small side as well. one thing to note on the REAL they size it using the padding so it might say small on the helmet but be a medium or large padding inside.

One of the benefits of the HJC is that in the owners manual it shows you how to remove the interior pieces for cleaning, which you can't do with the REAL. Something else I noticed on the way home. With the REAL when I'm hitting speeds of 115-120+, there was a little bit of "buffeting" of my head. Not much, but a little noticeable. I hit 130 today on the highway and there was ZERO buffeting with the HJC. The designs are nearly identical, but the HJC is just a tad bit longer at the chin, providing a slightly different angle for the wind, so that's the only thing I can figure out that accounts for it.

One of the benefits of the HJC is that in the owners manual it shows you how to remove the interior pieces for cleaning, which you can't do with the REAL. Something else I noticed on the way home. With the REAL when I'm hitting speeds of 115-120+, there was a little bit of "buffeting" of my head. Not much, but a little noticeable. I hit 130 today on the highway and there was ZERO buffeting with the HJC. The designs are nearly identical, but the HJC is just a tad bit longer at the chin, providing a slightly different angle for the wind, so that's the only thing I can figure out that accounts for it.

Which REAL helmet do you have because every one i've seen the interior padding is removable.

Which REAL helmet do you have because every one i've seen the interior padding is removable.

Model #GJ-998, and you're probably right, and I just haven't really checked it out good enough. Will do that now.

duhhhhh, ok, slap up side the head and call me....well, never mind. Yeah, it snaps out.

:annoyed:

Edited by Just1Voice

All the REALs that i have had (3 of them) you can remove the interior pieces; but it takes me about an hour to work out how to clip them back in! Will have to see if i can find the red HJC to match the bike.

Ahh, see someone has pointed it out already.

I like the REALs that have that rubber coating on them, as they don't scratch up as much from tight parking.

Edited by taichiplanet

Will have to see if i can find the red HJC to match the bike.

I'd check out the Honda dealership. I noticed some other HJC's, but really wasn't paying attention to them, only the tri color to go with my bike.

Also, don't know where you are, but in Chiang Mai there are 3 shops I know of that handle good quality helmets. I bought the REAL one at a shop Chiang Moi Rd, but also found it at another shop as well where I buy stuff.

Started to play around with the sprockets today, I went from the stock 15/43 (new FI model) to a 15/45. It accelerates only slightly quicker but its definately noticeable. Top speed doesnt seem to have changed too much, before redlining in 5th you could reach around 146kmh now it seemed like 139-140kmh was the max i didnt actually try 6th gear out today because i needed to slow for traffic so im not sure if ill be able to find any pull in 6th now. 6th was pretty useless before unless you had the time and free space to keep on going for a top speed or if you just wanted to cruise at lower revs. Ive got a 14 tooth front sprocket lying around as well so i might try a 14/45 or probably better yet a 14/43. Has anyone else changed sprockets on the new model yet?

I'm running the 15/45 now. The best i could do was 131 kph (indicated) in 6th. There was a headwind and i didn't tuck in at all. I only tried it twice on the same stretch of road so maybe more can be found. For my use (city and the 10 km run home) it is much nicer than the stock 15/43.

Yep thats about right 139-140kmh was fully tucked in, normal riding position i was only able to get 127kmh with the sprocket change

Gotta be "color coordinated" and "fashion appropriate"

post-82655-0-65574300-1315107095_thumb.j

post-82655-0-45147500-1315107103_thumb.j

post-82655-0-01692100-1315107111_thumb.j

post-82655-0-83307200-1315107118_thumb.j

post-82655-0-54170900-1315107126_thumb.j

post-82655-0-06697100-1315107132_thumb.j

post-82655-0-20131500-1315107138_thumb.j

Geez, even the shoes match! A suggestion though, maybe mid-blue or red socks and white gloves. :lol:

White gloves would get dirty WAY too fast. However, I did see a nice pair of red ones for racing similar to the ones I have now, but not at Honda. As for the socks, for me it's either black, white, or none at all. :lol:

Pardon my ignorance but have any of you guys figured out how to use the helmet holder ( the short steel cable loop in inside the pillion seat or is it used for something else)?:huh:

As for lids here's what I did to mine...

post-118861-0-99924400-1315187786_thumb.

It's a Real G-Force, and yes the inner linings are removable they're just a bit of a bother to put back on.

I recently got these from someone here on the forums at a bargain price:

speed_strength_twistfate_sx_gloves_blue_400.jpg

Speed & Strength, The Twist of Fate SX Gloves. I've been using them for around 4 days now and rode with them twice in the heavy rain. No problem with these getting soggy in the rain and they fit nicely too.:D Would have liked them in red or all black but someone else beat me to them.

A few days ago I went for some ice cream at a 7-11 somewhere in the boonies and left my tank bag on the bike (I figured it would just take me a minute to get a cone). The next day as I opened it, I noticed one of the sides had been slashed by a knife or a razor. At first, I thought it just got ripped, but when I went to my local cobbler to have it repaired he confirmed my suspicions. :angry: There goes the idea to get Kriega bags...

1 - Nice design on the helmet. Did you have that done in BoSang or Chiang Mai Market?

2 - That sucks about the bag.

3 - Those gloves are similar to the ones Honda sells, with the main difference being that the ones from Honda have a heavy duty, clear plastic "Knuckle" protection for the upper knuckles of the hand. I've also ridden with them in the rain and they're fine when wet.

1 - Nice design on the helmet. Did you have that done in BoSang or Chiang Mai Market?

2 - That sucks about the bag.

3 - Those gloves are similar to the ones Honda sells, with the main difference being that the ones from Honda have a heavy duty, clear plastic "Knuckle" protection for the upper knuckles of the hand. I've also ridden with them in the rain and they're fine when wet.

1-Had it done in Bo Sang, since it's just a short ride from my house. Did the design myself with on Illustrator and Photoshop, opted for the cheaper low resolution print, since I'll be replacing the helmet in a year anyway. They do have a limited selection of materials, but since I've had a lot of stuff done there before I get discounts. There's an option to print it in high resolution at 300dpi, probably the best option if you're printing decals for your bike. would have preferred to have it done with reflective vinyl (scotchlite maybe). The shop in Chiang Mai has a wider selection of materials (they evenhave pseudo carbon sheets), they also do installation.

2-Got a lecture from my mother-in-law about being too naive and careless. I assumed it would be fine since everyone around the area knew me, but a thai friend told me he's been seeing a bunch of suspicious characters around that place lately. I was lucky I didn't put anything in the bag.

Did you notice the BIG signs in BoSang just prior to Songkran warning people to make sure they locked their bikes, as there were gangs from other places coming here and stealing bikes?

Not really but my family warned me about it. I don't normally use the CBR when I'm in San Kamphaeng just our old Wave S or one of our very old Suzuki Crystals. I know lots of bikes have gone missing around that area. Even our neighbor who sells food at the market had her very old Honda Dream stolen, so we padlock our bikes, wherever their parked, even the old ones.

I recall parking my bike in front of the big barbershop beside the CP meat shop near San Kamphaeng Market. When I came back the right mirror was really loose as if someone tried to take it. Lesson learned, I use the old underbones for trips around town (I remember we tried to sell my old Suzuki Crystal for around 5000 baht no one would buy it, so I guess it's not attractive to thieves).

There are some new signs there too about new speed limits... Just a heads up, it's 80km/h for motorcycles.

Did you notice the BIG signs in BoSang just prior to Songkran warning people to make sure they locked their bikes, as there were gangs from other places coming here and stealing bikes?

Theft seems at an all time high. Friend had a brand new step-through stolen in the middle of the day not far from Santiam Plaza in CM. Police department for that area said his was number 44 for the month, and this was 3 weeks into August.

When I go to Tesco, Big C, etc, I chain lock the helmet to the bike, and lock the bike itself, but am thinking of getting a wheel lock as well. Also, when I go to those places I try to park as close to the guy handing out the parking stubs as well, just to try and cut down the chances of the bike being stolen. Ok, I realize that if some thugs really want the bike, they'll threaten him and he'll develop a sudden case of blindness, but that's the best I can do.

Theft seems at an all time high. Friend had a brand new step-through stolen in the middle of the day not far from Santiam Plaza in CM. Police department for that area said his was number 44 for the month, and this was 3 weeks into August.

Do you mean Santitham Plaza?

Do you mean Santitham Plaza?

That would be a better way to spell it! Thanks.

The police Tigers must be breaking down and they need some replacements.

Actually, I saw a police officer riding a white slim CBR150 police bike in Maerim (the more appropriate term would probably whizzed passed by) and it still looked really nice. It was a pre-Tiger Boxer police bike.

It looked like this:

post-118861-0-99858600-1315211748_thumb.

I hear Malaysia has CBR250s for their police force.

post-118861-0-61278900-1315211847_thumb.

I'm not sure what happened, but if you go to CM Immigration, they have about 5 White 150s parked there with "IMMIGRATION" on the tanks And one time my wife and I were coming home in the car and passed a small police "checkpoint" and there were as many as a dozen or more white 150's with "POLICE" sticker on the gas tanks. I saw one that was a charcoal gray with "POLICE" on the tank in white letters, and all black with white letters. The black and the gray I've seen once. As for the white ones, I've yet to see police on them. I know in the BoSang / San Kamphaeng area there are at least 2 black ones identical to my old one that are owned by BIB. But it looked for a while like CM Police were all going to be going with white ones, but then something happened and the "deal fell through". Oh, well, it's still the "bike of choice" for the majority of loan sharks. hahaha.

I'm not sure what happened, but if you go to CM Immigration, they have about 5 White 150s parked there with "IMMIGRATION" on the tanks And one time my wife and I were coming home in the car and passed a small police "checkpoint" and there were as many as a dozen or more white 150's with "POLICE" sticker on the gas tanks. I saw one that was a charcoal gray with "POLICE" on the tank in white letters, and all black with white letters. The black and the gray I've seen once. As for the white ones, I've yet to see police on them. I know in the BoSang / San Kamphaeng area there are at least 2 black ones identical to my old one that are owned by BIB. But it looked for a while like CM Police were all going to be going with white ones, but then something happened and the "deal fell through". Oh, well, it's still the "bike of choice" for the majority of loan sharks. hahaha.

A neighbor who owns a somtam restaurant across the old San Kamphaeng market used to have an old banged up black one parked right in front of his restaurant. The bike looked like it had been involved in a real bad crash. Yeah, I've seen a couple of cops in black slim CBRs around the area.

RED.

Pulled into the 7-11 & gas station just as your coming into BoSang one day on my tri-color. I counted 7 old style black ones. 2 of them belonged to local BIB, the other 5 were loan sharks. All standing around talking and laughing. I go in 7, come back out, and most of them were gathered around mine to check it out. One shark could speak a little English and asked me if new was faster than old. I smile and told him "Much faster!" He laughed and said "Ok!". I'm actually a little surprised that the sharks haven't upgraded to the new ones. However, a few months back I saw 2 up on a Black/White Ninja 250 here in this moo ban. Business must be very good for them. hahah

Pardon my ignorance but have any of you guys figured out how to use the helmet holder ( the short steel cable loop in inside the pillion seat or is it used for something else)?:huh:

(snipped unnrelated)

If you look on the left side at the front where the pillion seat locates, then on the inside of that is a piece of steel wire ; you hook the cable onto that. With one of my REAL Helmets (not the double D type) i can hook the flange over it. Took some photos of the supplied cable with the mobile but they are not focused; sorry.

post-70604-0-92374000-1315292941_thumb.j

post-70604-0-95815700-1315292987_thumb.j

Edited by taichiplanet