Indian found positive in state quarantine

webfact

Indian found positive in state quarantine

By The Nation

800_c01a2ad562720d0.jpg?v=1598505276

The government’s Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration today (August 27) confirmed one new virus case. Today marks the 94th day Thailand has seen no domestic case since May.

The latest case is a 35-year-old Indian, who arrived in Thailand from India on August 8 and was later found positive in alternative state quarantine. He case was said to be asymptomatic.

As of today, the number of confirmed cases in the country stands at 3,404 (467 found in state quarantine). Of these, 109 are under treatment, 3,237 have recovered and been discharged, and 58 have died.

Globally, the number of confirmed cases has increased to 24.3 million, up by 272,000 in 24 hours, with 16.8 million recovering and 829,000 dying. Thailand ranks 120th for most cases in the world. The number of Covid-19 cases in the US has hit 6 million, the highest worldwide, followed by Brazil (3.72 million) and India (3.3 million).

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30393601

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-08-27

Is this why the Indians are so keen to start coming to Thailand again ?

3 India 3,310,234 +2,485 60,629   2,523,771 725,834 8,944 2,395 44 38,576,510 27,912 1,382,085,803

So with over 3 million cases and over 75,000 new cases yesterday why would you even consider allowing them into Thailand to spread the virus.

Edited by keith101

Must either have a Thai wife, be attached to the Indian Embassy in some way, or be here for a medical procedure or is a caregiver for the elderly Indian who tested positive just the other day.  All speculation on my part of course.  The reporting lacks in general, and it probably be best if they included more or just kept the dirty foreigner Idea alive in the minds of the Thai's who listen to those like Anutin.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, keith101 said:

Is this why the Indians are so keen to start coming to Thailand again ?

3 India 3,310,234 +2,485 60,629   2,523,771 725,834 8,944 2,395 44 38,576,510 27,912 1,382,085,803

So with over 3 million cases and over 75,000 new cases yesterday why would you even consider allowing them into Thailand to spread the virus.

From above table, 2395 infections per million & 44 deaths per million, both of which are negligible.

On the same website, China did 90 million tests to detect 85000 infections, whereas US  & India did 78mill & 38 mill tests and found 3.3 mill & 2.3  mill infections... Stats are just numbers, one has to take into cognizance the authenticity and relativity of those numbers.

• Like 1

It's boggling to me that this highly contagious virus seems to have bypassed Thailand. I'm sure there is some science that can explain this phenomena, all things considered. Could be something as basic as climate or complex as innate Asian immunity to this virus.

5 hours ago, ipockeyHUCK said:

It's boggling to me that this highly contagious virus seems to have bypassed Thailand. I'm sure there is some science that can explain this phenomena, all things considered. Could be something as basic as climate or complex as innate Asian immunity to this virus.

it is very simple - you do not taste, you do not see infections.

the virus is real, the pandemic is not.

even if 20,000 thais died from the virus, it does not have to make a big noise

if the government does not want to make the noise.

but in the christian countries, they like to control all things and feel like they help the poor

and sick. so the governments there offer big money to hospitals doctors ext., hence

give them the motivation to find more and more  infected and categorise each and every death as corona victim.

7 hours ago, ipockeyHUCK said:

Vietnam went 100 days without. And now?

Mind bogglingly stupid to allow Indians to enter at this period. They simply are not testing the population to get a realistic case load, but what little testing they are doing is showing the virus is rife out of control. 

This is where Thailand will slip up. 

what worries me more than the virus is how thailand brainwash the media

with the subtext of : ONLY FOREIGNER CARRY = AND SPREAD - THE VIRUS.

Every day there is another farand who is found POSITIVE...but strangely enough

no thai...or at least not on the news. this chauvinist ultra national attitude

might explode on us all one day

• Like 1