Thai language course

Clive

can anyone please recommend where I might be able to go to university, college or some other Thai language programme as I want to retire in Thailand once coronavirus is over and wish to spend the first few years learning the language.
Any location will e considered within Thailand
Thank you

It's  great plan to start to learn the language when you first come to Thailand as you get too busy after a few years.

Bangkok is a fantastic city to base, learn at a language school, roam around the city by bus, Tuktuk or klong longtail boat. Also weekend in Pattaya or HuaHin.

The only way to successfully learn the language is a dedicated language school. I learnt at AUA. Now that was a long time ago but I still have friends who come over yearly from another country to do a 2 or 3 months catch up. 

AUA has a 'natural approach' and structured 'formal approach' to learning and you progress thru different courses. 

So get in touch with kn  Wipa (hear she's still there).  Then base yourself in a fun area not to far away from AUA. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Find a place you want to live and then find a school or tutor. There are thousands of Thai language teachers/schools in Thailand, better to find a suitable location and then look for school. In the large cities, many reputable school programs, in smaller rural areas you'll likely do better with a private tutor.

5 minutes ago, bwpage3 said:

Be advised in many rural areas of Thailand, the Thai language is not the same as in the cities.

But most understand what you speak, even you don't understand nothing what they say! Like here some speak Isaan or Loei accent! So different than thai!

Edited by 2 is 1
  • Like 1