'Three little pigs': Musk's Neuralink puts computer chips in animal brains

rooster59

8 hours ago, pegman said:

For some reason, such as his reaction to Vern's insult, this technology in the hands of Musk seems kind of scary. 

I'm not worried about Musk. Think what happens when commies start augmenting their army.

9 hours ago, pegman said:

For some reason, such as his reaction to Vern's insult, this technology in the hands of Musk seems kind of scary. 

yes, he states altruistic reasoning but like you I find this unsettling. If this was a medical body doing these experiments I would believe in the purpose more -  with Musk it's all a ego massage..

5 hours ago, DrTuner said:

I'm not worried about Musk. Think what happens when commies start augmenting their army.

Does it  not  occur to you that given the claims of superior  development of technologies derived  in the utopia of the " Free World" which are then " stolen " in accusation by such as  China that first access stays with the  initial procurers and that aspects  of  application such as  "augmentation" of armies would  typically  be  primary !

The reality  is that many technologies that have been developed have initially purposed  for militaristic superiority purposes and the application for and to the general population has been to monetarist advantage rather than genuine humanitarian.

Ideological regimes of any flavour naturally compete where and when possible to acquire similar capacity to avert the risk of  annihilation or the threat of  such as nuclear arsenals.

IMO the sad  reality of that is so apparent in the poignancy of  your comment.

On 8/30/2020 at 11:55 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I am wondering how or even if ethics approval was sought or received for this type of research. 

I can see major benefits for it if it is successful, but I see more sinister overtones to its use.

Makes me pleased I am aged.

Indeed. I'm sure Xi will be following this with interest.

Too much technology development can be abused by authoritarian rulers.

I'm also glad I won't be around too much longer.

9 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Does it  not  occur to you that given the claims of superior  development of technologies derived  in the utopia of the " Free World" which are then " stolen " in accusation by such as  China that first access stays with the  initial procurers and that aspects  of  application such as  "augmentation" of armies would  typically  be  primary !

The reality  is that many technologies that have been developed have initially purposed  for militaristic superiority purposes and the application for and to the general population has been to monetarist advantage rather than genuine humanitarian.

Ideological regimes of any flavour naturally compete where and when possible to acquire similar capacity to avert the risk of  annihilation or the threat of  such as nuclear arsenals.

IMO the sad  reality of that is so apparent in the poignancy of  your comment.

Perhaps you can rewrite that so it can be understood.

On 8/30/2020 at 6:55 AM, RJRS1301 said:

I am wondering how or even if ethics approval was sought or received for this type of research

I would love to get my hearing back in my right ear. 

As for ethic approval? The ethic approvers should be ethically approved...????

• Sad 1

On ‎8‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 10:27 AM, Bender Rodriguez said:

1) I thought he was against AI

and 

2) so what you eat / drink / smoke / inject is not important anymore how your body reacts ?

alzheimer is mostly caused by ... STATINS that deplete your cholesterol !!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=alzheimer+is+mostly+caused+by+...+STATINS+that+deplete+your+cholesterol

How can he be against AI, his electrical cars make use of it.

On 8/30/2020 at 1:27 PM, Bender Rodriguez said:

1) I thought he was against AI

and 

2) so what you eat / drink / smoke / inject is not important anymore how your body reacts ?

alzheimer is mostly caused by ... STATINS that deplete your cholesterol !!!!!!!!!

https://www.google.com/search?q=alzheimer+is+mostly+caused+by+...+STATINS+that+deplete+your+cholesterol

Abstract

Nearly 30% of adults 40 years and older in the United States are on a statin. Their widespread use heightens the importance of careful consideration of their varied effects on the body. Although randomized controlled trials have not confirmed cognitive impairing effects with statins, continuing evidence suggests statins have the ability to cause reversible cognitive impairment in some patients. Paradoxically, statins have also been shown to decrease the risk of dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, and improve cognitive impairment in some cases.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5830056/

Statins save lives for many, and Alzheimer's dementia has been around a lot longer than the current high use of Statins