what docs are required for non imm 60 day extension at CW?

If anybody knows what the current list of docs is, I would be very grateful if could let me know.

I'll be going to Chaeng Wattana in mid Sept to extend my Non O ME by 60 days, based on marriage. The wife will accompany me, as I understand this is a requirement. I think I'll just take the newspaper with me and try to say as little as possible. 

My current permission to stay ended in mid May. I've been on amnesty since that. My planned Savannakhet run in April was cancelled and the cost of the flight refunded by Lao airways. My summer trip to the UK in June was also cancelled, this time by Thai airways. But in their case, I'm still waiting for my money back. I'll have all the tickets etc with me to show them I was unable to leave as planned. 

Thanks to all those contributors on Thaivisa I have been following, most of whom have explained very clearly what our options are. 

Edited by Fat George
error in title

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID.

They may also ask for a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at a Amphoe.

You will also need proof you are living in Bangkok. That can be rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They may also ask for a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry

Does that have to be dated same day or will one obtained easily today be good until Sep 26th. I know its cheap but don't want to have her make 2 trips

1 hour ago, RubbaJohnny said:

Does that have to be dated same day or will one obtained easily today be good until Sep 26th. I know its cheap but don't want to have her make 2 trips

Most offices will accept them that are up to 30 days old.

• 3 weeks later...

60 day extension of stay obtained this morning from Bangkok Chaeng Wattana. Things to bear in mind:

1. We got there at 07:00 and there were already 102 people infront of us. They let you in, give you a ticket number and you must then locate your seat in the main foyer that has your number stuck to it on a little square of paper and wait. In our case, seats 103 and 104. We went for coffee downstairs. When they open the actual immigration office at 08:30, adjacent to the numbered seating, you'll be called through in batches. You are then given another numbered ticket which is more specific to the service you want. 

2. An hour later, the immigration officer was having difficulty communicating in English and with the facemasks and plastic screen, I couldn't very hear much at all. She had to get the supervisor/ signatory to discuss with me the start date and end date of the 60 day extension. I had brought colour copies of the recent infographics that make it clear the start date is 27 Sept and the end date is 25 Nov. Once we got that bit straight, I finally handed over the money. 1,900 baht

3. With regard to our living arrangements in Bangkok - they of course wanted signed copies of the ID and house book of the building's owner. They also wanted the actual rent contract, not just copies of the last 6 months invoices for the rent. We had everything with us anyway. 

4. They definitely wanted an up to date Kor Lor 2, which we'd been to get yesterday at the local registry office. We then had to pose for a photo, holding the original marriage certificate and my wife's ID card pinned to the top of it. How nice. 

We were in and out in 3 hours or thereabouts. It was busier than I expected. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fat George said:

60 day extension of stay obtained this morning from Bangkok Chaeng Wattana. Things to bear in mind:

1. We got there at 07:00 and there were already 102 people infront of us. They let you in, give you a ticket number and you must then locate your seat in the main foyer that has your number stuck to it on a little square of paper and wait. In our case, seats 103 and 104. We went for coffee downstairs. When they open the actual immigration office at 08:30, adjacent to the numbered seating, you'll be called through in batches. You are then given another numbered ticket which is more specific to the service you want. 

2. An hour later, the immigration officer was having difficulty communicating in English and with the facemasks and plastic screen, I couldn't very hear much at all. She had to get the supervisor/ signatory to discuss with me the start date and end date of the 60 day extension. I had brought colour copies of the recent infographics that make it clear the start date is 27 Sept and the end date is 25 Nov. Once we got that bit straight, I finally handed over the money. 1,900 baht

3. With regard to our living arrangements in Bangkok - they of course wanted signed copies of the ID and house book of the building's owner. They also wanted the actual rent contract, not just copies of the last 6 months invoices for the rent. We had everything with us anyway. 

4. They definitely wanted an up to date Kor Lor 2, which we'd been to get yesterday at the local registry office. We then had to pose for a photo, holding the original marriage certificate and my wife's ID card pinned to the top of it. How nice. 

I was under impression that 60 days NON-IMM O visa extensions had to be done at MTT instead of CW. 

Or both immigration offices are ok for this purpose ?

1 hour ago, Fat George said:

Can't say I know re MTT. Perhaps somebody else can help. I do know that I got my 60 day extension yesterday at CW. Good luck! 

They might of changed but there have been reports of people going to CW for the 60 day and were told to go to MTT. And people have a applied for it at MTT.

On 8/30/2020 at 2:02 PM, ubonjoe said:

You will need your marriage certificate and a copy of it. Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID.

They may also ask for a recent printout of your Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be requested at a Amphoe.

You will also need proof you are living in Bangkok. That can be rental agreement with copies of the owners house book and ID card signed by them.

Hi Ubonjoe,

For proof of living in Bangkok, I have the chanod ( ownership deed) of the condo I own. But getting my name entered in my blue tabienbaan house book has not been allowed, because I'm a foreigner.

Is my chanod enough?

In addition, my wife asked to have her address on her Thai ID card updated to show our joint address, but the local district office told her that she must keep her hometown address. Confusing. Will this cause any hassle at CW?

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

They might of changed but there have been reports of people going to CW for the 60 day and were told to go to MTT. And people have a applied for it at MTT.

I will try my luck at MTT tomorrow since I have already made online booking. More convenient for me to drive there, also hope to meet less applicants 

On 9/16/2020 at 12:51 PM, Fat George said:

I did mine in Phuket yesterday  very helpful volunteer. But got stamped  sept 16-November 15 th.    1900 bht. / 3 hrs  No one could explain why  .not dated 26 th to Nov 25 ?   Had to return today to get permission form to be able to open Bank act. But will not have 60 days to seed 400k. 

8 hours ago, Fat George said:

Can't say I know re MTT. Perhaps somebody else can help. I do know that I got my 60 day extension yesterday at CW. Good luck! 

Thanks !

You haven't mentioned anything about TM30 reporting, did you do it just before applying for 60 day extension at CW or was it your landlord doing it for you ?

Edited by Bart1979