Thai golf courses seem to be busier - what’s happening at your local course?

ASEAN NOW Golf

I have recently been to several Golf Courses around Pattaya and nearby, and was pleasantly surprised to see a lot of golfers out there playing.

Although Covid 19 has hit many industries and sports events globally, golf seems to have been accepted, as it conforms to social distancing.

It maybe back on TV with out spectators, and it seems to still be popular with us amateurs, who are taking part socially, and of course we also get some exercise out in the fresh air too.

Recently I saw 200 expats and locals turn up on a Saturday at Rayong Green Valley for a PTT sponsored tournament and another 150 took part at the same club the following day for a TAT sponsored Expat Challenge.

Even 160 turned up for a tournament at Plutaluang Navy Course, and they regularly still attract many expats during the week.

Ladies Back too

The Ladies are back socializing too.

At Burapha and Phoenix Gold the TAT Ladies Golf tournament was also popular with fields of 130 on a Monday, normally a quiet day for clubs.

We have posted a few photos below all taken in August.

Maybe you can let us know what’s happening at your local golf club as well? 

Are they getting golfers play during the week or are they busy just at weekends? 

Mike Bridge

Thaivisa Golf

1585924115_RayongGreenValleyTournament.jpg.d3c532ff5c52b4a164aac3aee2df3447.jpg

778855674_TATSLadiesGolfatBurapha.jpg.073d5337d023d1f976c0277619992be3.jpg'

118474888_2780392852250280_6586355072459568623_o.jpg.8891980e8d518293170194b03d531d11.jpg

1416949978_WinnersatRayongGreenValley.jpg.6c655cb684d6597380cb0df580a25011.jpg

• Like 1

I live on the edge of Phoenix golf course and walk or cycle around it most days, but can't remember the last time I saw anyone playing golf. The flags are on all the greens and the grass is cut so I assume it's open for play. I don't know how it survives.

We have a group of 6 of us who play during the week in Phuket, and at the moment its great. Course prices have dropped to roughly 1500-2200, inc cart, caddy and now inc free bottles of water and sandwiches. Normally the prices can be as high as 4500-6500+, or more at weekends. 

Some days the courses are empty, others they're a little busy but not packed.

A few of us are doing a competition on 26th September which is a Saturday, so will be interesting to see how many are there compared to weekdays. 

• Like 2

I live about 40km from my home course, Grand Prix, about 5km north of Bo Phloi. Kinda out in the middle of nowhere, but one of the most beautiful courses I've played in Thailand. I've noticed an increase in play in the last month and a half. They have dropped their walk on pricing 200 baht (I believe Golf Asia now has it at 1900 baht, green fee, cart & caddie), and according to my regular caddie, she's seeing more rounds being played. Don't know whether it's the pricing, weather, or the fact that people are finally seeing what a quality course and facilities look like here in Kanchanaburi. I do think I'll go back to playing earlier to avoid any of the increase in play though.