Bangkok Bank, no need to have 400K for extension of stay

On 9/1/2020 at 7:50 AM, BritTim said:

A senior official has discretion in certain respects, for instance being allowed to waive funds seasoning when otherwise convinced it is the applicant's own money. The official is not supposed to use his discretion to assist fraudulent applications. This abuse of discretion is rarely punished, but is certainly improper.

Also, the discretion is not unlimited. There are certain conditions that only the Minister has the right to waive.

The discretion is widely used with no consequences to the officials or the visa holder. I know of many including myself who have used agents in the past without fail. 

12 hours ago, darrendsd said:

There is no persuading involved - it's actively encouraged by Immigration and you don't need to be a member of Mensa to know why

Not by all offices, or why do agents in Bkk have to go so far upcountry to get this 'legal' work done?

6 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Not by all offices, or why do agents in Bkk have to go so far upcountry to get this 'legal' work done?

Never heard of that being done for retirement or marriage extensions and where I live at least they are all done at the local office

37 minutes ago, 5633572526 said:

The discretion is widely used with no consequences to the officials or the visa holder. I know of many including myself who have used agents in the past without fail. 

In the vast majority of cases, the fraudulent applications are accompanied by paperwork that makes the applications seem valid for approval, albeit with discretion used over things like funds seasoning. You are correct that officials knowingly approving fraudulent applications is rarely punished, but the paperwork gives them plausible deniability.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Never heard of that being done for retirement or marriage extensions and where I live at least they are all done at the local office

It is true that Bangkok based agents mostly prefer to process their applications elsewhere. It can be done in Bangkok, but the price is then significantly higher.

10 minutes ago, BritTim said:

It is true that Bangkok based agents mostly prefer to process their applications elsewhere. It can be done in Bangkok, but the price is then significantly higher.

I think it is more to do with Bangkok immigration not doing it for agents. They stopped allowing them a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Bangkok based charge higher because it is Bangkok, the good ones there also do not require you to go anywhere as they photoshop a picture in de webcam database as well other additional services as TM30, 90 days and more.

They are usually processed in Isaan area before continue to BKK for review. Renewals are usually equally cheap as elsewhere (20-25k).

Edited by ChaiyaTH

8 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Bangkok based charge higher because it is Bangkok, the good ones there also do not require you to go anywhere as they photoshop a picture in de webcam database as well other additional services as TM30, 90 days and more.

They are usually processed in Isaan area before continue to BKK for review. Renewals are usually equally cheap as elsewhere (20-25k).

I was quoted 14k recently by one of the big agents for a first extension with them, no money needed etc. 20-25k is far too high

• Like 1