No Commision Travel Cheques

Some times ago i found a post where someone did mention about some bank or company offered travel cheques without any commission or extra cost.

I searched old posts but I seem not to be able to find it again..

Does anyone knows anything about it?

Cheers

Edited by kerr17

Some times ago i found a post where someone did mention about some bank or company offered travel cheques without any commission or extra cost.

Cheers

:D I doubt you will find any bank that will issue travel cheques without a fee. Why would they? They want to make a profit on the transaction and it takes the time of the bank attendant to issue them.

I do know that when cashing travel cheques in Bangkok, there is a signifigant difference in the commission rates charged for different companies cheques at various banks. A certain bank may have a business arrangement to cash a certain company's cheques, and they will usually charge a lower commission for those cheques in preference to another company. If you shop around, you can often find that bank A charges less to cash company A travel cheques than company B.

:o

Cheers

I get free travel cheques but it is a perk with my bank connected to having a gold visa card