Posting an URN and Ashes from UK to Thailand

2008bangkok

UK Post Office allow up to 50g of ashes in sealed container. Do not know if any restrictions at the Thai end.

From PO web site....

Human or animal ashes

UK & International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines below:

• Volume per item must not exceed 50g.
  • Ashes must be placed in a sift-proof container and securely closed. Items must be tightly packed in strong outer packaging and must be secured or cushioned to prevent any damage.
  • The sender's name and return address must be clearly visible on the outer packaging.
  •  

While I normally advise against use of couriers, in this case given the mail disruptions due to COVID and importance of what you are sending it might be best to do so. Courier (DHL, Fedcex etc) would be able to advise if there are any restrictions on the Thai end.

Things sent by regular mail these days are hit and miss and at best very much delayed.

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

While I normally advise against use of couriers, in this case given the mail disruptions due to COVID and importance of what you are sending it might be best to do so. Courier (DHL, Fedcex etc) would be able to advise if there are any restrictions on the Thai end.

Things sent by regular mail these days are hit and miss and at best very much delayed.

I just received a small package from the UK via Royal Mail's International tracked and signed. It took 7 days and I was able to track it throughout its journey.

Check this link out from Thai Customs 

I also read the urn should be scannable, i.e. not metal.

Edited by Chris.B
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Couriers have worked great for me recently. No issues whatsoever. Products always passed customs inspection with no issue after they send me an email asking what I'm trying to import. 

On DHL's website it clearly states they won't carry human or animal remains. Irrespective of country. It's their policy.

My advice would be to talk to them anyway, or find a shipping agent instead.