Dual Airbags

Mook

I am looking for a Pick up with dual airbags, any choice ?

I think only d-max and colorado?

How about the new Nissan Navara? dual airbags and 174 horses under the bonnet. The Dmax abd Colorado can't match that :o

I gone check this out, thanx

I am looking for a Pick up with dual airbags, any choice ?

I think only d-max and colorado?

How about the new Nissan Navara? dual airbags and 174 horses under the bonnet. The Dmax abd Colorado can't match that :o

I gone check this out, thanx

The Nissan Thai web site hasn't been updated yet, but the Navara, all be it a slightly different (and more expensive) beast, appears on the Uk site http://www.nissan.co.uk/home/vehicles/lcv/....html?ln=/en_GB

toyota doesn't offer dual airbags for the vigo , and for some reason cannot retro fit them , even though the dashtop "glovebox" was designed for the airbags that are fitted as standard for export models.

not sure if the fortuner has them or not .

That's just SO weird... Ford fitted dual airbags 8 years ago on their pick-ups.. (And anti-blinding rear view mirror, and child-locks in the doors, another thing that I rarely see somewhere else. Ford are I guess very under-rated in Thailand. Pick one up second hand. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

Nissan looks nice, but there is now dealer in my area.

I don't like Mazda or Ford.

I really don't understand why Toyota Vigo don't have dual airbags, sure can not retro fit them with a passenger air bag?

Nissan looks nice, but there is now dealer in my area.

I don't like Mazda or Ford.

I really don't understand why Toyota Vigo don't have dual airbags, sure can not retro fit them with a passenger air bag?

There is a lot more to it than just retro-fitting a bag as the SRS (safety restraint system) is computer controlled with g force sensors, impact sensors, etc that all require setup and in some cases installation. I had the same thoughts as you until research proved that it is not a simple task.

Why Toyota does not offer it as an option is a mystery as the Fortuner does come equipped with dual bags and the Vigo interior is an exact replica of the Fortuner based on Toyota's common chassis concept. No amount of talking would have them change their minds.

You have stated that you don't like them but if safety is truly a concern, the Ford Ranger Limited has dual front air bags as well as side impact bags. Not sure if there are any other makes with the side air bags.

D. Day

I think i go for the Isuzu Hi-lander

and by for my husband and my 9 dogs a 2hand 4x4 Tiger.

My husband ask today at the Toyota dealer no way to have dual airbags at the Vigo.

Nissan is not on the island.

Mazda and Ford my husband don't like

Sale my 2 old cars.

Thanks for your help.

I also have wondered why the Vigo doesn't have a passenger airbag and the Fortuner has.

I think it is because Thai's love to let their kids sit on moms lap to get fed or whatever and if on goes off with a kid there it will most likely kill them. bad press for Toyota.

Maybe Fortuner owners being richer and a class above would no doubt have a nanny in the back taking care of such things.

I'm pretty sure the Vigo would have the wiring loom for one there already as they wouldn't change something like that between local and export models so I would have thought it would be just the same as replacing one that went off? (there are already wires under the seats, presumably for heated / electric seats).

I wouldn't mind one in mine, my boy is 6 and never sits in the front.

They will probably have one in the next models to keep up with the Jonses.

I have an Isuzu D-Max 4WD with dual airbags. They work well too as I found out in May 2003.

Petch01post-6194-1178105215_thumb.jpg

Typically I guess, in the West when you have an accident severe enough for the airbags to deploy the car is a write-off. In Thailand however most likely the car would be put back together again. Is it then possible to re-install airbags as well? And most likely seatbelts would need replacing also after an accident?)

Cheers,

Chanchao

I think Toyota just grew too big to quickly adjust their specs, or maybe they simply fired their engineering department for Vigo and other IMV vehicles.

In three years since launch they haven't offered ANY upgrades. No auto transmission for 2wd Prerunners, no engine upgrades, no dual airbags, no DVDs like in Triton - nothing.

New Vios, btw, also hasn't got any upgrades for its engine in five years at least, and I think THAT was carried over from 1990s Soluna.

New Camry (last year launch) also hasn't got any upgrades for 2l engine carried over from the previous generation, it also has the old four auto speed transmission unlike five speed auto in 2.4l.