Thai Berry Pickers in Sweden..... Documentary

bermondburi

In early last month! Full Finnair flight bring berry pickers in Finland . They had deal whit Thai coverment. Nothing in news here! They get good salary if they pick much! In Finland wild berry is tax free when you sell it! They collect to companys, so i don't know what kind deal they have.

The security guard at my condo a few years back signed up to go to Israel to pick fruit...seems to be an outfit here that recruits (exploits) low skilled Thais to pick crops in far away lands. I guess it's better than recuriting girls to go work as massage 'attendants'. Says something about opportunity Thais here....Education needs to be overhauled and more skilled laborers produced...if your citizens are going abroad to take no skill labor jobs...that's a failure of the system

20 hours ago, tonray said:

The security guard at my condo a few years back signed up to go to Israel to pick fruit...seems to be an outfit here that recruits (exploits) low skilled Thais to pick crops in far away lands. I guess it's better than recuriting girls to go work as massage 'attendants'. Says something about opportunity Thais here....Education needs to be overhauled and more skilled laborers produced...if your citizens are going abroad to take no skill labor jobs...that's a failure of the system

In a article I saw yesterday it said that over a million Thais work overseas and send back huge amounts of USD (I think it said over a billion) to family back here.

• Like 2