Anybody got a uk embassy letter this month?

8 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

I’m in such a tricky situation. I am waiting to start work in November/ January at the latest. I have a job offer from a BOI company and I can’t get the non B while inside Thailand - have to get it from outside - all surrounding countries have compulsory quarentine or a complete ban on foreigners entering.

flying to uk and back here with flights and paying for quarentine will cost me roughly 80,000 baht all in.

and before any Thai visa experts claim you can get it at changwattana - no you can’t. CW does not deal with boi companies at all its all done through chamchuri square and even to this day the rules haven’t changed. Get the visa from an outside embassy.

i need to stay here for as long as I can until I can actuslly start work or I’ll have no money left going back to uk.

agency couldn’t help - boi companies have no ways Around. 

I obviously can’t tell the uk embassy my exact situation as they will think I’m just working under the table maybe ?

i just litterslly can’t do anything on a tourist visa so it’s huge if I get this extension and then maybe another one next month.

im just hoping I can stay here until things die down a bit and I can fly out locally somewhere to Vietnam in the near future and get my non B and hopefully all this compulsory quarentine is over or atleast I don’t have to pay 50-70K baht to be in quarentine or I can just do it at my own apartment.

any advice what to say? I obviously don’t want to fly back to uk as I have nowhere to go. It’s not a straight forward decision to just ‘ go back to your passport country ‘ for a lot of folk.

8 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

I’m in such a tricky situation. I am waiting to start work in November/ January at the latest. I have a job offer from a BOI company and I can’t get the non B while inside Thailand - have to get it from outside - all surrounding countries have compulsory quarentine or a complete ban on foreigners entering.

flying to uk and back here with flights and paying for quarentine will cost me roughly 80,000 baht all in.

and before any Thai visa experts claim you can get it at changwattana - no you can’t. CW does not deal with boi companies at all its all done through chamchuri square and even to this day the rules haven’t changed. Get the visa from an outside embassy.

i need to stay here for as long as I can until I can actuslly start work or I’ll have no money left going back to uk.

agency couldn’t help - boi companies have no ways Around. 

I obviously can’t tell the uk embassy my exact situation as they will think I’m just working under the table maybe ?

i just litterslly can’t do anything on a tourist visa so it’s huge if I get this extension and then maybe another one next month.

im just hoping I can stay here until things die down a bit and I can fly out locally somewhere to Vietnam in the near future and get my non B and hopefully all this compulsory quarentine is over or atleast I don’t have to pay 50-70K baht to be in quarentine or I can just do it at my own apartment.

any advice what to say? I obviously don’t want to fly back to uk as I have nowhere to go. It’s not a straight forward decision to just ‘ go back to your passport country ‘ for a lot of folk.

Have you tried to get a medical certificate ?

51 minutes ago, flynn said:

Have you tried to get a medical certificate ?

Based on what?

i mean I’ve never thought about b.s ing it for “health reasons” is that what a lot of people are planning on doing?

Last time I got a letter from embassy I just told them I couldn’t fly out to Vietnam to get my non b due to lock down and flights being cancelled every 5 mins so maybe I could try the same.

I am hoping some of these nearby countries open up soon and get rid of this quarentine upon arrival.. its sickening how much it could all end up costing.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Based on what?

i mean I’ve never thought about b.s ing it for “health reasons” is that what a lot of people are planning on doing?

Last time I got a letter from embassy I just told them I couldn’t fly out to Vietnam to get my non b due to lock down and flights being cancelled every 5 mins so maybe I could try the same.

I am hoping some of these nearby countries open up soon and get rid of this quarentine upon arrival.. its sickening how much it could all end up costing.

I have no advice to give, but I personally would not be hoping the boarders will opening up any time soon....Covid is far from over....

1 hour ago, Jackcwba said:

If you are not seriously ill, you will not get a medical extension without the assistance of an agent. An agent can get you a 30-day medical extension, even if you are completely healthy. The extension will probably be processed somewhere in the wilds of Isaan. If this is not obvious, the extension is highly dubious. I have no idea how it will affect your chances of further extensions without leaving Thailand.

On 9/5/2020 at 4:11 PM, ubonjoe said:

I think this is a loophole and that many people will give flimsy and fake excuses to extend their visa. 

Immigration should really change the rule based on country and not embassy letter.

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

If you are not seriously ill, you will not get a medical extension without the assistance of an agent. An agent can get you a 30-day medical extension, even if you are completely healthy. The extension will probably be processed somewhere in the wilds of Isaan. If this is not obvious, the extension is highly dubious. I have no idea how it will affect your chances of further extensions without leaving Thailand.

It is recently reported that presenting false documentation to immigration will result in a blacklist ban. So if one is not seriously ill, don't get a fake medical cert from an agent, it will backfire some day.

6 minutes ago, warcy said:

It is recently reported that presenting false documentation to immigration will result in a blacklist ban. So if one is not seriously ill, don't get a fake medical cert from an agent, it will backfire some day.

In most cases, people will probably get away with it. The income of immigration officials is highly dependant on the agent system. However, I certainly agree that the dubious medical extensions are probably the riskiest option. Unfortunately for those who want questionable extensions, it is now too late to apply for many of the safer agent assisted options that result in protection from senior officials.

On 9/5/2020 at 8:08 PM, Phillip9 said:

No that is not true.  For example, the US embassy is issuing letters to any American and people have already been using them to get extensions even though it is possible to fly to the USA.

The discussion pertains to The British Embassy.

I’m not planning to lie about being ill to get an extension, it’s just gonna cost me too much money to fly back to uk plus I have no where to go or any family, it still seems to this day flights are being cancelled and everything cash is king right Now, no chance I’m paying up to 80K baht on flights back and forth to Thailand and quarentine when i can hope I can stay here a bit longer and then fly to Vietnam or somewhere close to get my non B visa  nearer the end of the year perhaps 

any other people on ‘tourist’ visas who are planning to get an extension embassy letter ? 

immwodnering if they are going to make an announcement soon on anything because it seems the situation hasn’t improved and borders aren’t going to open in 3 weeks time 

2 hours ago, Jackcwba said:

immwodnering if they are going to make an announcement soon on anything because it seems the situation hasn’t improved and borders aren’t going to open in 3 weeks time 

By 'they' if you meant The British Embassy I have not seen anything on the website that they may be issuing letters to aid in obtaining further extensions in Thailand...yet.

If you mean Thai authorities.... nobody knows but the 'mood' seems negative to a future amnesty. 

Edited by jacko45k

56 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

By 'they' if you meant The British Embassy I have not seen anything on the website that they may be issuing letters to aid in obtaining further extensions in Thailand...yet.

If you mean Thai authorities.... nobody knows but the 'mood' seems negative to a future amnesty. 

I’ve emailed them today, so I should get a response this week. I’ve had someone from uk tell me they have already received a letter from uk embassy so I’m hoping for one aswell.

id imagine the later they leave it they are gonna be swarmed with emails and no doubt won’t be able to respond to them all seeing as they do very little work as it is.

i wonder how many people have yet to make arrangements to leave the country

On 9/6/2020 at 11:15 AM, In the jungle said:

I have received the letter of support from the British Embassy.  I have yet to present it to Thai immigration.

I am not going to go into the full details of my personal circumstances on a public forum but here are a couple of points you may wish to note:

1.  There was no auto-reply

2.  In the E mail that accompanied the letter of support the British Embassy made clear that they would provide this letter only once.

How long did you have to wait for the letter? 

Thanks. 

32 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

[email protected]

Can anyone that has received their letter from the British Embassy please confirm that the above email address was the one they sent their request to?

Sent them a email last Thursday - not got a reply yet

Thanks in advance

Hi darren,

I am still waiting aswell - I emailed them on Monday but I believe that was a day off due to songkran - however... I have checked the email address where I received a response from them giving me the embassy letter back in around April  and it was fco.gov.uk ( so maybe they have two emails?)

I can see the one on the above link is FCDO.gov.uk - I have now emailed this one aswell - I’ve not received the automatic response like they said we would get so that’s more fake news. 

hope it gets sorted soon. Perhaps some news on September 15 from the cabinet ? 

19 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Hi darren,

I am still waiting aswell - I emailed them on Monday but I believe that was a day off due to songkran - however... I have checked the email address where I received a response from them giving me the embassy letter back in around April  and it was fco.gov.uk ( so maybe they have two emails?)

I can see the one on the above link is FCDO.gov.uk - I have now emailed this one aswell - I’ve not received the automatic response like they said we would get so that’s more fake news. 

hope it gets sorted soon. Perhaps some news on September 15 from the cabinet ? 

Hi thanks so when you got your first letter you emailed [email protected] 

Is that correct?

15 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Hi thanks so when you got your first letter you emailed [email protected] 

Is that correct?

Yes this is correct... so it’s making me wonder is that email they have listed above incorrect and thousands of people have sent an email to it may not get a response!

luckily for me I’ve had previous chats with them so I know they will receive it as I’ll just carry on the conversation from previous emails..

if this is the case this needs attention right away but I don’t have the platform.

If this stands to be true then you can just imagine the amount of people who will fall into overstay.

if you emailed both you’ll be fine atleast

27 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

Yes this is correct... so it’s making me wonder is that email they have listed above incorrect and thousands of people have sent an email to it may not get a response!

luckily for me I’ve had previous chats with them so I know they will receive it as I’ll just carry on the conversation from previous emails..

if this is the case this needs attention right away but I don’t have the platform.

If this stands to be true then you can just imagine the amount of people who will fall into overstay.

if you emailed both you’ll be fine atleast

Thanks I have just emailed them on the address you provided - my email server is showing it is a valid email address so I will post here if I get a reply

Thanks again

I sent an email to [email protected] on Tuesday and got the letter today.

I will ask at immigration if it voids my chance of getting a long stay visa. I specifically mentioned that I wanted to get a 1 year ed visa but the school couldn't do it in country. The letter asks if immigration could facilitate my application.

9 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

still waiting for mine. Weekend is upon us now. If you got yours already I imagine I can’t be far behind.

immigration “don’t leave it to the last minute”

uk embassy “5555”

when are people planning on going to get the extension anyway? 

I sent mine last thursday - sent it again this morning advising them that I had sent it over a week ago and received s reply with the letter within 10 minutes

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2530Ubon said:

@darrendsd; One person mentioned in another post that the embassy will only give one letter, does yours have any such caveat? Thanks in advance!

Below is the message I received - there is nothing in the message or the extension letter that states they will issue only one 

Dear Mr Downs,

Please find attached your completed visa extension letter.

Please take this letter to your local Immigration Office before your permission to remain in Thailand ends to avoid any overstay fines. Be advised that the extension of visas are solely given at the discretion of Immigration Officers.

This letter is issued based on current Immigration requirements and can used at any time until 26th September. Immigration rules are subject to change at any time.

Immigration Offices may require additional supporting documents to extend your visa. You should ensure that you meet all the requirements of your local Immigration Office before submitting your application.

Kind Regards
Varinya

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, darrendsd said:

Below is the message I received - there is nothing in the message or the extension letter that states they will issue only one 

Dear Mr Downs,

Please find attached your completed visa extension letter.

Please take this letter to your local Immigration Office before your permission to remain in Thailand ends to avoid any overstay fines. Be advised that the extension of visas are solely given at the discretion of Immigration Officers.

This letter is issued based on current Immigration requirements and can used at any time until 26th September. Immigration rules are subject to change at any time.

Immigration Offices may require additional supporting documents to extend your visa. You should ensure that you meet all the requirements of your local Immigration Office before submitting your application.

Kind Regards
Varinya

weekend is here now so I’ll have to wait till next week. 

did you previously get a covid letter a few months ago aswell or is this your first one ?

i got a covid letter in April and paid the 1900 fee and then 5 days later they announced the amnesty -.-

• Like 1

I still have a 30 day extension option before i need to do an embassy letter. I'm working out how much time i have etc to apply for other options - if there isn't another visa/amnesty in the works by the end of this month. Thank you very much for the information!

SORRY! I just saw this wasn't for me....noob posting!

Edited by 2530Ubon
wrong information

13 minutes ago, Jackcwba said:

weekend is here now so I’ll have to wait till next week. 

did you previously get a covid letter a few months ago aswell or is this your first one ?

i got a covid letter in April and paid the 1900 fee and then 5 days later they announced the amnesty -.-

First one

I'm not rushing to Immigration just yet - I'll wait until around the 24th to see if any announcements are made before then

9 minutes ago, 2530Ubon said:

I still have a 30 day extension option before i need to do an embassy letter. I'm working out how much time i have etc to apply for other options - if there isn't another visa/amnesty in the works by the end of this month. ...6

Hi, if you are indeed residing in Ubon Ratchathani, as your Profile hints to, you are quite lucky.

There was a report approx 1-2 weeks ago of someone on a Tourist Visa (obviously with already long time expired permission to stay) that applied at Ubon IO for the 'regular' 30-day extension which he hadn't used yet and which his Visa Exempt or Tourist Visa entry entitled him to.

Ubon IO did provide him with that regular 30-day extension of stay with start date 27 September.

And that will allow him now to apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa from that valid permission to stay before 26 October.

It's no coincidence that I mentioned that you are lucky, because several IOs refuse to handle such regular 30-day extension of stay during these Amnesty-times. 

And be aware that when making use of the Embassy supported 'special' 30-day extension of stay, that it might block you from applying for any further regular extensions of stay, so you would really need to enquire at your local IO when wanting to make use of that option (which in your case won't be necessary as you still have your unused 'regular' 30-day extension of stay which will be honored by Ubon IO on application).

• Thanks 1