Pattaya Rayong motorway

bronzedude

Yes it is open, free until Tuesday, speed cameras are active - they have been since it first opened.

Apart from the start and the end, there is only 2 exits on this section of the Motorway, 1 that goes to Sukhumvit at Ambassador hotel area, and one which links to 331 near the Silverlake turn off. 

Edited by LennyW

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

Yes it is open, free until Tuesday, speed cameras are active - they have been since it first opened.

Apart from the start and the end, there is only 2 exits on this section of the Motorway, 1 that goes to Sukhumvit at Ambassador hotel area, and one which links to 331 near the Silverlake turn off. 

There are two on the link across to Ocean Marina one at Chakneow  Signed WatYan and and one more further west on the back road to HueYai.

Just a quick comment about the new motorway - maybe useful for people living south of Pattaya and travelling home from BKK etc.:

If you are heading south and intending to take the exit for Ban Amphur (Ocean Marina/Ambassador Hotel), it is signposted "Jomtien Beach" which is a bit misleading IMHO - no other local names mentioned.

If like me, you miss the exit, it is a very long way to the next junction (road 331). However, it's quite a picturesque section of motorway with great views of the Bhudda mountain image and hilly terrain.

Worth a look if you have time to kill.

• Thanks 1

On 9/5/2020 at 6:00 PM, Guderian said:

Yes, yes and no.

I took the highway on Tuesday 1 September. Entered at the highway #36 junction and exited at the Highway #331 junction, and lady at the toll booth said, it's free.

4 hours ago, LennyW said:

I have seen there is an exit in HuaYai. If you go from Phoenix golf course, and in the centre of HauYai you turn left, you pass an exit that was still closed a few weeks ago.

If you are on the highway, there is only an exit named Jomtien beach. Does that exit take you to the one close to Phoenix Golf course?

11 hours ago, Rimmer said:

There are two on the link across to Ocean Marina one at Chakneow  Signed WatYan and and one more further west on the back road to HueYai.

Yeah, that would be local exits off the main exit, at that stage you are already past the toll booths for the Na Jomtien exit, if heading from 7 to Sukhumvit.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Susco said:

I took the highway on Tuesday 1 September. Entered at the highway #36 junction and exited at the Highway #331 junction, and lady at the toll booth said, it's free.

I have seen there is an exit in HuaYai. If you go from Phoenix golf course, and in the centre of HauYai you turn left, you pass an exit that was still closed a few weeks ago.

If you are on the highway, there is only an exit named Jomtien beach. Does that exit take you to the one close to Phoenix Golf course?

Yeah, that would be local exits off the main exit, at that stage you are already past the toll booths for the Na Jomtien exit, if heading from 7 to Sukhumvit.

• Like 1

On 9/5/2020 at 6:00 PM, Guderian said:

Yes, yes and no.

um no, not really.  The motorway does not yet go to Maptaphut or Rayong, it stops at Ban Chang. The Maptaphut link will take another 2 years to compete.  All entry and exits from Pattaya to Ban Chang are open. 

Thanks to everyone who reponded to this post. I live in Jomtien and like to play golf near Ban Chang. It'll be easier for me to go to the Ocean Marina entrance and enter rather than going back on Sukhumvit to the 7 and enter from there--and probably a little cheaper! By the way, does anyone know if any of those exits made the trip to Green Valley GC any shorter or quicker?

2 minutes ago, bronzedude said:

Thanks to everyone who reponded to this post. I live in Jomtien and like to play golf near Ban Chang. It'll be easier for me to go to the Ocean Marina entrance and enter rather than going back on Sukhumvit to the 7 and enter from there--and probably a little cheaper! By the way, does anyone know if any of those exits made the trip to Green Valley GC any shorter or quicker?

The new road is a very long one, so my trip from Ban Chang to Pattaya takes maybe 10 minutes less, but it is a lot easier and safer.  Very little traffic. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2020 at 9:30 AM, bronzedude said:

Have you heard about Google Maps? 

• Confused 1

Prices of the tolls fees might be useful to travellers ...  better to have the correct money ready and waiting when accessing or leaving the motorway ..

Plus will motorbike be  free or charged at a lower rate ?

6 minutes ago, banglay said:

Prices of the tolls fees might be useful to travellers ...  better to have the correct money ready and waiting when accessing or leaving the motorway ..

Plus will motorbike be  free or charged at a lower rate ?

AFAIAA motorbikes aren't allowed on motorways.