Advice on sending money to Australia

We are in the process of selling our home and customers have paid a deposit . Settlement is on the 20th September.

My wife and I  will go "home " and start a new chapter in our lives  as I have been married here  for 10 years

Can anyone advise how to get the maximum exchange rate.I was thinking of taking the cash straight to Australia after filling out the customs forms at the airport and hoping to get a better rate in Australian banks, as it will cut some fees charged by the Thai banks and rates.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated

Thanks ..

kevvy

Oz banks will give a poor exchange rate. You should be able to get a quote from your Thai bank H.O. on exchange rate for cash Oz dollars for comparison purposes - who will deliver the cash to your branch for collection; that's the method I used when returning to Oz. Or as mentioned above try a FX dealer, but maybe a bank is the better route for larger sums of money. 

I guess you're aware flights to Oz have very limited seat availability due to Oz government imposed Covid regulations, plus quarantine

EDIT:

I recall Kasikorn offer a service specifically for OZ dollars transfer - don't know if they still do

Edited by simple1