What day do i get my PCR covid test done for return?

29 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats good - best of luck in your CoE application. 

Richard I won’t be applying I would have no intention of jumping through hoops for the flights, insurance and OSG Hotel, I was curious to know why there was an Emirates flight and there has been no publicity about it, Andrew doesn’t seem to very forthcoming about the flight.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:
37 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Thats good - best of luck in your CoE application. 

Richard I won’t be applying I would have no intention of jumping through hoops for the flights, insurance and OSG Hotel, I was curious to know why there was an Emirates flight and there has been no publicity about it, Andrew doesn’t seem to very forthcoming about the flight.

He’s probably ensuring the house of cards is stacked up in place and nothing else can go wrong. 

We’ll hear about the Emirates flight soon enough I imagine. I’d like to know about it too. It could prove to be some very useful information for anyone else wishing to get back. 

I'd really like to get back before the end of the year, but it is all such a hassle, and expensive as well.  I'd also have to apply for a marriage Visa at the same time. I've always just relied on Visa exempt, but that isn't possible now. So I'll sit tight for a bit longer.

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

I’d been issued the CoE based on all my documents marriage certs etc. I was holding a Thai Elite Visa (which had also been submitted) 

The night before I was due to travel down to the Airport I found out that only those holding Non Immigrant Visas were permitted entry (under the Emergency Decree regulations). 

After the initial SNAFU the staff at the Thai Embassy London responded excellently after I’d contacted them and highlighted the colossal error.

I was given instructions to apply online for the Non-O, submitted yet more scanned copies of documents and received the Visa Receipt. I travelled to London a few hours earlier than initially planned, stopped off at the Embassy and they affixed a Non-Imm O visa, I then travelled to the airport, checked in for my flight, found the only open bar inside the airport, drank heavily, boarded the flight then slept like a baby for 9 hrs of the journey !!!

If I thought the application process itself was emotionally draining enough this snafu took it to another level.

Two weeks in ASQ almost felt like a holiday !

Thanks.

I'm due to travel on the 20th flight this month, likewise once checked in i'll be having a few tipples to celebrate / unwind!

6 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It would seem that the Embassy have arranged Repatriation flights with Emirates.

6 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

My Thai partner and our son are currently in the U.K.waiting to return to Thailand,  let me know how you can get on an Emirates flight when all repatriation flights are run by Thai Air through the Embassy in London ?

The Embassy neither organised these flights nor are they involved in the booking process, however they will issue a COE for those booked on them.  Also, as pointed out elsewhere (the subject is being discussed on multiple threads) the Dubai Consulate is now set up to issue COEs for Dubai residents who are Non Thai Nationals to fly on them.  I don't know if the Non Thai Nationals rule applies to those flying from outstations, but I suspect so.

And someone else mentioned Oct 24th - yes, that's the end of their permission from the CAAT to fly as it currently stands.

Edited by treetops
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, HashBrownHarry said:

I have a friend ( British ) he's just booked a flight on emirates on 8th Oct. 

He sent all his docs to Thai embassy in London 1st who then confirmed he had everything required, then he booked his own Emirates flight. Sent the booking back to Thai embassy who then told him to go ahead and book ASQ hotel.

The will issue him CoE, embassy is the only one that can issue CoE.

The negative CV test is only required by the airlines, embassy does not need to see the test results.

This is what i know, i beleive the emirates option is only good till 24th Oct but may be wrong?

This is good news for many that have been trying to fly...

Hopefully this emirates move is in tandem with some 60 off ASQs that are now listed

Yes but why is there a stop over in Dubai, all repatriation flights are non stop, if it was organised by the Thai Embassy and there is a stop over in Dubai I am sure they would have some thing in place re tests.

Yes. Repat flights are non-stop to Thailand.

So in the case of emirates, repat flight may just be DXB-BKK.

RTE would be less concerned on how one gets to Dubai. however, the CoE (issued by RTE in country of residence/origin) would indicate both flights.

In our case, our repat flight was ADD-BKK. RTE did not dictate how we got to ADD.

However, our CoE did indicate all flights/dates we took from our country of residence-BKK.

Given the EK option has a cut off 24/Oct, i have to assume this is temp pressure release to alleviate the wait.

Also ties well with additional capacity in ASQ.

As I said if the op could advise how he has managed to arrange a flight it could assist others or he has been misinformed not realising a Covid test is not the condition to return to Thailand.

There nothing on the Embassy website about additional flights ?

If the repat flight originates in DXB, such would not appear on RTE websites in UK.

7 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's interesting it's the first time the Thai embassy in London is not pushing a foreign returnee

on a costly business seat on one of the rare Thai airways flight.

For some reasons AndrewMciver doesn't want to share the loop used to find his way

i presume it's a very particular case, he is in a secret service, or he has a high ranking

relationship in the Thai  team, something like that....

There has been quite of few experiences shared on TV about instances where passengers have used airlines other than Thai airlines.

21 minutes ago, unheard said:

Is it a PCR (molecular) or antigen test?

Their description is confusing - mixing up two different tests.

The required by the Thai government RT-PCR is not an antigen test.

All the current diagnostic tests are antigen tests. RT-PCR is one class of antigen tests. The rapid diagnostic tests that are available are antigen tests, but not based on nested PCR technology. They can still be accurate if the correct (very expensive) equipment is available for processing.

The antigen tests (which check for the presence of the virus itself) should not be confused with serology testing which typically involves just blood tests looking for antibodies.

2 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

There has been quite of few experiences shared on TV about instances where passengers have used airlines other than Thai airlines.

Maybe, but afaik not in economy class and with a non direct flight

or if i have missed it please feel free to provide the link to the topic

tyia

4 hours ago, mjakob007 said:

https://www.heathrowmedical.com/

Had responded to my email committing results in 24 hours. slightly pricey though.

I'm booked to do my CV test on the 18th ( for 20th flight ) at a cost of £350 ( including fit to fly cert and lab report ).

This is for same day results, i'm using this place.

https://www.one5.health

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofthemountain said:

Maybe, but afaik not in economy class and with a non direct flight

or if i have missed it please feel free to provide the link to the topic

tyia

I had read of a few non-direct and Y class.

Dont know if this was economy class..

Following was from me???? 

i can confirm they had economy and business seats available..

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BritTim said:

All the current diagnostic tests are antigen tests.

Not according to this - two completely different technologies.

https://theprint.in/science/rt-pcr-antigen-antibody-truenat-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-different-covid-tests/448733/

I wonder if the airlines are specifically looking for an RT-PCR wording on the test results.

I haven't heard of anyone being denied boarding so far because their test certificate didn't specify the test as such.

3 minutes ago, unheard said:

Not according to this - two completely different technologies.

https://theprint.in/science/rt-pcr-antigen-antibody-truenat-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-different-covid-tests/448733/

I wonder if the airlines are specifically looking for an RT-PCR wording on the test results.

I haven't heard of anyone being denied boarding so far because their test certificate didn't specify the test as such.

Apparently the flights destined to Thailand are under instruction to examine the test results before boarding. They are said to look for date, -ve result and  the terminology 'RT-PCR'

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

Apparently the flights destined to Thailand are under instruction to examine the test results before boarding. They are said to look for date, -ve result and  the terminology 'RT-PCR'

This thread contains a few links to the testing facilities that don't specify the test as RT-PCR.

The question is: will the airline accept the test results performed by those labs?

My understanding is that the lab result must state RT-PCR, not PCR, Antigen PCR etc, etc....

17 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

We’ll hear about the Emirates flight soon enough I imagine. I’d like to know about it too. It could prove to be some very useful information for anyone else wishing to get back. 

I've posted this on a tread in the Covid-19 sub-forum.

This appeared on the Thai Embassy London's Facebook page, however its was posted in a reply well down the thread. The poster also checked up with the embassy and confirmed that it can issue a COE.  

"Thai Embassy London confirmed that they are issuing CoE for these Emirates flights, subject to all the same CoE criteria as the repatriation flights.
However they will need sufficient notice to issue the CoE due to the additional requests they are now receiving for these additional flights."

The announcement below came from the UAE Thai Embassy.

With reference to the Emirates Airline’s announcement regarding the resumption of passenger services to Bangkok with daily flights starting from 1 September 2020. The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai would like to clarify as follows:

1. Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020. However, the abovementioned commercial flights are operating only for “NON-THAI NATIONALS” in permitted types according to current Thai laws and regulations. Those who which to enter Thailand via these commercial flights should study the guided procedures in the infographic below.

2. At present, “THAI NATIONALS” residing in the UAE can only travel back to Thailand via repatriation flights organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai. The next repatriation flight to Bangkok which is being organized will be on 9 September 2020 by Etihad Airways, EY 406, as previously announced.

Please be informed accordingly. Any changes (if any) will be notified at the earliest.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, tso310 said:

This appeared on the Thai Embassy London's Facebook page, however its was posted in a reply well down the thread. The poster also checked up with the embassy and confirmed that it can issue a COE.  

"Thai Embassy London confirmed that they are issuing CoE for these Emirates flights, subject to all the same CoE criteria as the repatriation flights.
However they will need sufficient notice to issue the CoE due to the additional requests they are now receiving for these additional flights."

I got my Non B visa a few weeks ago and had ASQ booked for 10 Sept but didn't manage to get a Thai Airways flight via London Embassy system when it opened for registration on 01 Sep and promptly 'sold out'.

Last Friday I investigated the Emirates situation - finding confirmatory reports in The National (UAE) newspaper and the same on the Dubai Thai Consulate website that showed the process, making me realise all I needed was a new ASQ booking and the rest was a formality.  The same day London Thai embassy replied to an email also saying Emirates flights could be booked - you do this yourself. Their email said (1) book flights (2) book ASQ (3) apply for visa (4) request COE

So today I have a new ASQ for 02 Oct, I've booked my flight with Emirates, and have emailed the Thai Embassy London with copies of these + my visa to request the COE.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ticu said:

So today I have a new ASQ for 02 Oct, I've booked my flight with Emirates, and have emailed the Thai Embassy London with copies of these + my visa to request the COE.

Thank you.  There are still people denying this is possible.

46 minutes ago, tso310 said:

The announcement below came from the UAE Thai Embassy.

With reference to the Emirates Airline’s announcement regarding the resumption of passenger services to Bangkok with daily flights starting from 1 September 2020. The Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai would like to clarify as follows:

1. Emirates Airline has been approved by the CAAT to operate commercial flights to Bangkok currently from the period of 1 September – 24 October 2020. However, the abovementioned commercial flights are operating only for “NON-THAI NATIONALS” in permitted types according to current Thai laws and regulations. Those who which to enter Thailand via these commercial flights should study the guided procedures in the infographic below.

2. At present, “THAI NATIONALS” residing in the UAE can only travel back to Thailand via repatriation flights organized by the Royal Thai Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Royal Thai Consulate-General in Dubai. The next repatriation flight to Bangkok which is being organized will be on 9 September 2020 by Etihad Airways, EY 406, as previously announced.

Please be informed accordingly. Any changes (if any) will be notified at the earliest.

This is  a big respite to foreigners who have been trying to make it back to Thailand.

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mjakob007 said:

This is  a big respite to foreigners who have been trying to make it back to Thailand.

Thank you for sharing.

It's being discussed over different threads here now which means it's quite easy to miss, but this Emirates flight is not the only one offering a way back to Thailand without waiting on Embassy controlled repatriation flights.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

No one was denying it was impossible just how one can arrange it.

It proved very straight forward. Booking the flight was as booking any flight.

I emailed this to Thai London Embassy yesterday and today i have my COE.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ticu said:

It proved very straight forward. Booking the flight was as booking any flight.

I emailed this to Thai London Embassy yesterday and today i have my COE.

Maybe you don't know it but it's a pretty new situation

untill few days ago, booking a flight

without the agreement of the embassy was the best option

to have an useless voucher since the flights (Except the few handlle by the embassy)

were all canceled and the airlines werent very pleased to give your money back

11 hours ago, kingofthemountain said:

Maybe you don't know it but it's a pretty new situation

untill few days ago, booking a flight

without the agreement of the embassy was the best option

to have an useless voucher since the flights (Except the few handlle by the embassy)

were all canceled and the airlines werent very pleased to give your money back

kingofthemountain is correct. at least in my case..

I bought tickets with two different airlines in July and early August, but CoE was not issued as they were not repat flights, until we booked the hopper in late August.

• Thanks 1

the difference to my knowledge is that airlines were selling tickets based on the date on which the borders were to open (on paper, an based on lapsing of the state of emergency). And when this date then got pushed back, of course nobody could travel.  so booking back then was a different scenario.

The emirates flights have the backing of thai authorities, and are only flying people that fit into the categories who are allowed in. Thailand presumably wants these people to come, to spend money. The flights a limited period of 7 wks. Someone has run the numbers and presented to the relevant people who see the it meets a demand.  If the flight is a stop over en route to Hong Kong, i don't expect any cancellation through lack of sales.

• Like 1