UK warns EU on Brexit: We won't blink first

webfact

9 hours ago, luckyluke said:

Who doesn't want to swap this for a 4 star hotel.

Pretty sure if the U.K. government put them in a 1 star hotel, they would be happy too.

Video: Calais 'jungle' camp migrant numbers double to 6,000 - Telegraph

Well they can always stay with you and your golden pension that you go on and on about.  How many will you take 4 or 5? You, Linekar, Geldoff and Allen can squabble over them as you are so interested in them.

But they have crossed several EU countries already, so why not stay there. If you are stuck for an answer you shouldn't be commenting.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

This is the EU reality. “Let’s allow them to hang around here, until they move on to the UK. We don’t really care, so long as we don’t pay for them.”

Correct. 

I wrote it before here on T.V..

Due to some E. U. regulations, no country can remove/refuse them legally. 

But every country in Europe wish them to leave their territory. 

Some pretend even help them. 

U.K. will soon be able to write its own laws and regulations into that matter. 

Will see if they will do it. 

12 hours ago, Rookiescot said:

So did you vote for a Brexit with continued access to the single market or did you vote for a Brexit on WTO terms?

The English voted for a "rule Brittania".. Unfortunately, that is a century ago. Economy in UK down 20,4%, France 13,8%, Italy 12,4%, Germany 10,1%. GBP from €1,20 in Feb towards € 1,12 in May-Aug. Well done. Helps to absorb the WTO import duty of UK goods into the EU. Just 4 months to go !

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well they can always stay with you and your golden pension that you go on and on about.  How many will you take 4 or 5? You, Linekar, Geldoff and Allen can squabble over them as you are so interested in them.

But they have crossed several EU countries already, so why not stay there. If you are stuck for an answer you shouldn't be commenting.

Why do you think I want them. Not my business. 

At least in Europe they don't make it comfortable for them, and not put them in 4 stars hotels like your government does.

So where do you think they prefer to go. 

And by the way, I don't have a golden pension, but a normal one. 

The U.K. pension is a pittance. 

It seems the U. K. have other priorities than

care about their seniors (the lowest divident in Europe). 

See also my post here above. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Maybe the Belgium's and Dutch can put more in the coffers along with the French and Germans, as you seem to love this EU club so much.

After 4 days of negotiations, the E.U. came to an agreement for the new E.U. budget, thus without the important U.K. part. 

My personal concern(as a man of the street) is if that will have a negative influence on my daily life. 

I assume I will find out next year. 

14 hours ago, Victornoir said:

This is the problem.

You dream of your past glories when you have no way of keeping them.

At a time when all companies and nations unite to resist other blocs, you are choosing ruinous isolation and from my point of view doomed to failure.
You now understand that your choice to leave is now shared by Europeans who no longer want you as a partner.

Really, he weather promises to be very foggy...

Past glories, what the flush are you on about, history is history, same as all countries have history, it's folk like you who do not understand that there are countries out there that don't want to belong to a 'fold', be their own man, Norway, Swiss comes to mind.

I can understand if you want to forget your countries recent history, and get all EU cuddly again. That stuff doesn't apply to the UK.

The UK tried your club, it didn't work, being run by Eurocrats took its toll and heading in one direction.

But, I am sure we all wish you 27 good luck and don't squabble too much in your future.

Once again, Rule Britannia, land and waters.....

flag.jpg.866f7932cd13af5fb31760830665adda.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, transam said:

Past glories, what the flush are you on about, history is history, same as all countries have history, it's folk like you who do not understand that there are countries out there that don't want to belong to a 'fold', be their own man, Norway, Swiss comes to mind.

I can understand if you want to forget your countries recent history, and get all EU cuddly again. That stuff doesn't apply to the UK.

The UK tried your club, it didn't work, being run by Eurocrats took its toll and heading in one direction.

But, I am sure we all wish you 27 good luck and don't squabble too much in your future.

Once again, Rule Britannia, land and waters.....

flag.jpg.866f7932cd13af5fb31760830665adda.jpg

More like this lately ...a bit scattered...i would say...????

( sorry for the joke ...but i couldn't resist ...????)

images.jpg

• Like 1

The UK has a trade deficit with Germany of upwards of 30 billion euros, Japan already cottoned onto this and are entering into expansion in the UK so they can take big chunks out of the German auto sales. Germany has no ammunition in this battle. 555
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, 3NUMBAS said:
The UK has a trade deficit with Germany of upwards of 30 billion euros, Japan already cottoned onto this and are entering into expansion in the UK so they can take big chunks out of the German auto sales. Germany has no ammunition in this battle. 555

They certainly do have ammunition. The question is will they use it? 

On 9/8/2020 at 4:49 AM, luckyluke said:

At least in Europe they don't make it comfortable for them, and not put them in 4 stars hotels like your government does.

As usual you are wrong. Your country houses them but i didn't include the link.

https://www.prisonplanet.com/migrants-stay-at-4-star-hotel-while-poor-germans-lose-their-homes.html

https://www.gatestoneinstitute.org/10352/germany-migrants-property-rights

On 9/8/2020 at 4:49 AM, luckyluke said:

And by the way, I don't have a golden pension, but a normal one.

You have mentioned it many times that it is substantial and how little the UK government as an example, give to pensioners. I agree with you it is small but gloating never helps anyone.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

17 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

As usual you are wrong

Your opinion,

which of course your are entitled to have.

I don't believe far-right publications, as I don't believe far-left ones.

Everything is relative,

mentioning a simple fact, when appropriate in a particular context, may be gloating for you and others, but not for me and others.

Be prepared to read it again, when I feel the need to mention it. 

Addendum :

My country is Belgium.

Germany is not my country, you are not wrong again, you simply make a mistake. 

Edited by luckyluke
  • Like 2

Just now, luckyluke said:

Your opinion,

which of course your are entitled to have.

I don't believe far-right publications, as I don't believe far-left ones.

Everything is relative,

mentioning a simple fact, when appropriate in a particular context, may be gloating for you and others, but not for me and others.

Be prepared to read it again, when I feel the need to mention it. 

Your quote was that the UK is the only country putting asylum seekers in 4 star hotels. Do a quick search and you will see that statement is totally false.

As for your gloating that up to you. Personally I don't care, as I have taken the steps to be secure but for others they haven't and I feel deserve a better pension.

But you have mentioned before that people have been aggressive to you on this issue, especially Brits if I recall. Have you thought it is because you come across as gloating.

Anyway that's me finished on the matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Have you thought it is because you come across as gloating.

Only Britons consider it  gloating,

Instead to be revolted, and admit that it is a shame from their government, they attack the ones who have a normal decent pension.

A way to handle their frustration, I assume.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And that shows the sheer arrogance of the EU and it would seem you. With that attitude and you wonder why we left.

Well, though parents will tell their children not to do this or that children have to get their own experience. Failsure is learning. 

I won't compare the EU with parents but if 500 million people ask you not to go that way..... you think those 500 million are silly? 

And now you will follow a Law-Breaker????????????

You are playing with your (Britain without Scotland and NI) reputation. 

Does UK turns into a Rogue State? 

????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

35 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

I won't compare the EU with parents but if 500 million people ask you not to go that way..... you think those 500 million are silly? 

Yes as 500 million people will be paying more into the EU coffers and are quite happy for the UK to contribute.

35 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

And now you will follow a Law-Breaker????????

Like many other countries do if it goes ahead or is actually true.

Thankfully it doesn't matter what they think. There was a referendum vote and it was leave. In your country referendums are ignored just like in other EU countries or vote again until you get the right answer.

Edited by Laughing Gravy
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Where is your evidence for that:coffee1: or again talking nonsense.

20 years experience Pattaya & Bangkok. 

However here in Thonglor, where I am for the moment, Britons are quite different. 

Well I must admit not only Britons. 

This is a personal opinion of course. 

Just like yours, that I am talking nonsense. 

I know what an opinion is worth;

do you? 

1 hour ago, luckyluke said:

20 years experience Pattaya & Bangkok. 

However here in Thonglor, where I am for the moment, Britons are quite different. 

Well I must admit not only Britons. 

This is a personal opinion of course. 

Just like yours, that I am talking nonsense. 

I know what an opinion is worth;

do you? 

So there is no evidence, hence you are talking nonsense. if you said it was an opinion in the first place you might have a different response although now you are back tracking. I never say all or from only one country as it would be ludicrous.

Maybe you should go to the UK you might have an improved understanding of British people instead of just Pattaya and Bangkok.

So I am sure there are many nice Belgium's who are not so judgemental.

Edited by Laughing Gravy

24 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

So there is no evidence, hence you are talking nonsense. if you said it was an opinion in the first place you might have a different response although now you are back tracking. I never say all or only one country.

So I am sure there are many nice Belgium's who are not so judgemental.

Of course there is an evidence,

for me. 

This is a forum, where people express their opinion.

Other people may have a other opinion, of course. 

That doesn't have any influence on my opinion. 

Are you someone who has no own opinion, and just follow what the others say and do? 

Fair enough if that is the case. 

I always expressed my opinion about things/situations. 

At 72, I don't intend to change. 

If you  have a problem with this, and you find it nonsense, or whatever, well I

can live with it. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, luckyluke said:

Of course there is an evidence,

for me. 

This is a forum, where people express their opinion.

Other people may have a other opinion, of course. 

That doesn't have any influence on my opinion. 

Are you someone who has no own opinion, and just follow what the others say and do? 

Fair enough if that is the case. 

I always expressed my opinion about things/situations. 

At 72, I don't intend to change. 

If you  have a problem with this, and you find it nonsense, or whatever, well I

can live with it. 

It doesn't bother me at all. I do think it might be your charming personality that attracts so much hostility. I am guessing, so no evidence, but maybe the Brits can sense it better than most.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

I do think it might be your charming personality that attracts so much... 

Since many years I try to avoid Britons in Pattaya.

For some obscure reason there are always some who want to speak to me. 

After a very short time they realize it was a bad idea. 

I believe, whith the actual situation, when I go back to Pattaya next month , there will be only Britons who know who I am, and keep away from me. 

• Haha 2