One Covid-19 case found in alternative state quarantine

webfact

One Covid-19 case found in alternative state quarantine

By The Nation

800_a1447c9e53d5710.jpg?v=1599541892%C2%

The Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) reported only one new case over a 24-hour period on Tuesday (September 8).

The 46-year-old Indian man had arrived on September 1. He was found positive in alternative state quarantine in Bangkok on September 6.

Meanwhile, three patients have recovered and been discharged.

The total number of confirmed cases in Thailand stood at 3,446 (508 in state quarantine), of whom 104 are in hospital and 3,284 have recovered and been discharged. The death toll remains unchanged at 58.

According to Worldometer, as of 10 am, the total number of confirmed cases globally increased to around 27.4 million. Of those, 19.5 million have recovered, while 60,224 are in severe condition and 896,844 have died so far.

Thailand ranks 122nd for most cases in the world, while the US has the most number with 6.48 million, followed by India 4.27 million, Brazil 4.14 million, Russia 1.03 million and Peru 691,575.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30394172

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2020-09-08

If "He was found positive in alternative state quarantine in Bangkok on September 6th", why the hell is he listed as a Stat today the 8th.  Sometimes I just scratch my head just like I do my balls because things just make me itch and want to scream "IDIOTS"

3 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If "He was found positive in alternative state quarantine in Bangkok on September 6th", why the hell is he listed as a Stat today the 8th.  Sometimes I just scratch my head just like I do my balls because things just make me itch and want to scream "IDIOTS"

I think that you will find that the test sample was taken on the 6th and the result on the 7th. All the results from the 7th are reported on the 8th.

That doesn't seem idiotic to me at all.

Edited by loong
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, loong said:

I think that you will find that the test sample was taken on the 6th and the result on the 7th. All the results from the 7th are reported on the 8th.

That doesn't seem idiotic to me at all.

Then it should say tested on the 6th and found positive on the 7th with the positive report being processed for reporting on the 8th.  He was not known to be positive on the 6th, just tested. I know semantics, but it creates a lag in the reporting and documentation factually. 

1 hour ago, ThailandRyan said:

Then it should say tested on the 6th and found positive on the 7th with the positive report being processed for reporting on the 8th.  He was not known to be positive on the 6th, just tested. I know semantics, but it creates a lag in the reporting and documentation factually. 

It's a news release in Thailand. Just be happy you achieved a basic understanding of what was meant. The writer probably didn't