Extension Of Non-immigrant B Visa Possible?

Dear Forum Folks:

I currently have a single entry, non-immigrant B visa, which allows me to stay here for three months.

If I can't get to the 2 million baht mark required into my company's current account so I can hire the four Thais and apply for my work permit before the visa expires:

1. Can my visa be extended? If so, for how long and for how much?

2. Can it be extended a second time? If so, for how long and for how much?

Thank you and best regards,

Joe

Dear Forum Folks:

I currently have a single entry, non-immigrant B visa, which allows me to stay here for three months.

If I can't get to the 2 million baht mark required into my company's current account so I can hire the four Thais and apply for my work permit before the visa expires:

Joe

You do not need to have 2 million Baht in your current acct to get a work permit. You do not need to employ 4 Thai employees to get a work permit.

I surmise this is a start-up so you cannot extend your visa to an extension of stay permit until 2008 at the earliest as you will need to show annual audit and balance sheets showing your gross income in 2007 was higher than your foreign employee’s salaries in 2008 and you have a one million Baht net equity. You will need to go to a Thai Embassy/ Consulate and get another visa when this expires.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

• 2 weeks later...
Dear Forum Folks:

Joe

You do not need to have 2 million Baht in your current acct to get a work permit. You do not need to employ 4 Thai employees to get a work permit.

I surmise this is a start-up so you cannot extend your visa to an extension of stay permit until 2008 at the earliest as you will need to show annual audit and balance sheets showing your gross income in 2007 was higher than your foreign employee's salaries in 2008 and you have a one million Baht net equity. You will need to go to a Thai Embassy/ Consulate and get another visa when this expires.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Thank you SA for your reply; much appeciated.

All the info on the laws that I have read say that I do indeed need to have a minimum of 2 million baht in my company's current account (paid up), a minimum of 2 million baht (registered)employ 4 Thai employees at a minimum of 7K baht per month, SS paid and me at a minimum of 50K baht per month PI taxes paid to get a work permit. It's a Treaty of Amity-protected company.

Why do you tell me otherwise?

My accountant does all the monthly taxes VAT etc. and I have audits from 05 and 06. But the compnay hasn't started trading yet. Everything is currently on paper, 100% legal and above-board. It's just that I'm having trouble getting the rest of the money out the USA and into Thailand. In the meantime, my accountant has prepared the docs for the WP application.

Is there still time left on the clock re: my visa expiry date, which is the 1st week of June?

What do you advise me to do?

All the info on the laws that I have read say that I do indeed need to have a minimum of 2 million baht in my company's current account (paid up), a minimum of 2 million baht (registered)employ 4 Thai employees at a minimum of 7K baht per month, SS paid and me at a minimum of 50K baht per month PI taxes paid to get a work permit. It's a Treaty of Amity-protected company.

Your choice. Believe the other misguided articles you've read or us. If what I wrote was incorrect in any way, we would be ridiculed and blasted for not having a clue and giving out bad advice. The fact is we did over 5,000 work permits last year, with a good number of them being Thai visa members. None in Bangkok ever had those requirements you mentioned to get a work permit.

As a Amity Company in August 2009, you will need to have a three million Baht registered company and you will need to show three million Baht in a bank to get any foreign employees a work permit. But as stated this is over 2 years away.

My accountant does all the monthly taxes VAT etc. and I have audits from 05 and 06. But the compnay hasn't started trading yet. Everything is currently on paper, 100% legal and above-board. It's just that I'm having trouble getting the rest of the money out the USA and into Thailand. In the meantime, my accountant has prepared the docs for the WP application

Is there still time left on the clock re: my visa expiry date, which is the 1st week of June?.

In Bkk, you would have time. I have heard of some Labor Depts upcountry that needs 20 days left on the visa stamp to get a work permit.

Apply for the work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

Your choice. Believe the other misguided articles you've read or us. If what I wrote was incorrect in any way, we would be ridiculed and blasted for not having a clue and giving out bad advice. The fact is we did over 5,000 work permits last year, with a good number of them being Thai visa members. None in Bangkok ever had those requirements you mentioned to get a work permit.

As a Amity Company in August 2009, you will need to have a three million Baht registered company and you will need to show three million Baht in a bank to get any foreign employees a work permit. But as stated this is over 2 years away.

My accountant does all the monthly taxes VAT etc. and I have audits from 05 and 06. But the compnay hasn't started trading yet. Everything is currently on paper, 100% legal and above-board. It's just that I'm having trouble getting the rest of the money out the USA and into Thailand. In the meantime, my accountant has prepared the docs for the WP application

Is there still time left on the clock re: my visa expiry date, which is the 1st week of June?.

In Bkk, you would have time. I have heard of some Labor Depts upcountry that needs 20 days left on the visa stamp to get a work permit.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

From start to finish, what are the total fees to get the work permit?

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

From start to finish, what are the total fees to get the work permit?

I mean there are govt fees = 3,950, Permit-to-Stay = 1,900 and optional re-entry permits (single or mutliple) = 1,000 or 3,800 respectively. So what will Sunbelt Asia want on top of that?

I mean there are govt fees = 3,950, Permit-to-Stay = 1,900 and optional re-entry permits (single or mutliple) = 1,000 or 3,800 respectively. So what will Sunbelt Asia want on top of that?

In Bangkok, if you were to meet the criteria to obtain an extension of stay based on business. Our professional fee for the initial application is 6,500 Baht. Government fee of 1,900 Baht for the visa.

The multi entry visa for the government fee is 3,800 Baht. Single is 1,000 Baht.

The second year, our professional fee for the renewal would be 3,900 Baht and the government fee would be 1,900 Baht.

The work permit professional fee is 6,500 Baht. The government fee would be 3,100 Baht for the one year.

The second year renewal would be 3,900 Baht and government fee of 3,100 baht.

While your application is under consideration, the government fee would charge 850 Baht for each work permit application, till Immigration approves your extension of stay. Our professional fee is 1,600 Baht for each extension. They are currently averaging one extension at Immigration until they approve the application.

On this basis. Our professional fee the 1st year would be

6,500 wp

1,600 30 day extension

6,500 extension of stay

1,600 30 day under consideration extension

------------------

16,200 Baht

2nd Year

3,900 wp

1,600 30 day extension

3,900 extension of stay

1,600 30 day under consideration.

----------------------

11,000 Baht

If you are a start-up and cannot meet the criteria for an extension of stay based on business.

1st year

6,500 wp

1,600 Baht every 90 days

----------------

11,300 Baht

2nd year

3,900 Baht

1,600 every 90 days

---------------

8,700 Baht

Government fees would be 850 Baht per application or 3,400 Baht for the year.

We look forward to meeting with you.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

In Bangkok, if you were to meet the criteria to obtain an extension of stay based on business. Our professional fee for the initial application is 6,500 Baht. Government fee of 1,900 Baht for the visa.

The multi entry visa for the government fee is 3,800 Baht. Single is 1,000 Baht.

The second year, our professional fee for the renewal would be 3,900 Baht and the government fee would be 1,900 Baht.

The work permit professional fee is 6,500 Baht. The government fee would be 3,100 Baht for the one year.

The second year renewal would be 3,900 Baht and government fee of 3,100 baht.

While your application is under consideration, the government fee would charge 850 Baht for each work permit application, till Immigration approves your extension of stay. Our professional fee is 1,600 Baht for each extension. They are currently averaging one extension at Immigration until they approve the application.

On this basis. Our professional fee the 1st year would be

6,500 wp

1,600 30 day extension

6,500 extension of stay

1,600 30 day under consideration extension

------------------

16,200 Baht

2nd Year

3,900 wp

1,600 30 day extension

3,900 extension of stay

1,600 30 day under consideration.

----------------------

11,000 Baht

If you are a start-up and cannot meet the criteria for an extension of stay based on business.

1st year

6,500 wp

1,600 Baht every 90 days

----------------

11,300 Baht

2nd year

3,900 Baht

1,600 every 90 days

---------------

8,700 Baht

Government fees would be 850 Baht per application or 3,400 Baht for the year.

We look forward to meeting with you.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

So when I call SA, who should I ask to speak to? I mean the person who has been answering my forum questions.