Soundproofing room

stevymac

There are any number of ways to reduce the noise depending on the configuration of the room. Some cheap, some not so cheap. 

I used to work for a company here that made sound attenuation products that worked great, but not cheap, and not cost effective for residential applications. 

You should google and read up on it a little before you select anything. If you have a window in concrete/brick & mortar wall, just reconfiguring the windows will not help a whole lot. 

On 9/8/2020 at 3:13 PM, Airalee said:

Better windows with thicker glass and tight seals.

Thicker glass will just change the frequency of noise that is transmitted. Laminated glass with different thicknesses is better and if you can get a 3rd layer in an IGU that is a different Thickness again You get the best. I get a 24db drop with my Windows but I’ve also got good walls.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You can easily check how much noise you can block by upgrading your window(s) only, just screw a piece of plexiglass over the opening. It should be flush on the inside wall, which should result in a few cm gap between the plastic and the glass. If you're not happy with the sound reduction, you will need to do more than just upgrade the windows.