Want to close my business

Hi.  I am hoping that someone has either been or nows someone who has.

Went into business with my GF.  For reasons that do not matter she became my Ex and left.  The problem is that she was the other major owner of the business.

She has dropped off the face of the earth and NO one that knew her has any idea where she is.

This has caused me 2 issue

1. I can not submit the taxes as it requires both our signatures

2.  I want to close the business but they tell me that i need her signature.

I am looking for realistic advice TROLLS NOT WANTED.

20 hours ago, Hi Tea said:

I doubt that he will get anywhere with that as she is the major shareholder and the decision to close the business will be with her, not the minority shareholder unilaterally, surely?

I have spoken to the plice, the tax department and a lawyer. They all tell me that they need her signature on the papers.

23 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

I have spoken to the plice, the tax department and a lawyer. They all tell me that they need her signature on the papers.

I sympathise with your situation but that is what I was suggesting would be the situation, it is her company, after all, being the majority, controlling shareholder.   You seem to have covered yourself as far as the authorities are concerned, maybe you should just walk away from the situation and forget it.

Imagine the chaos that could be created if minor, non-controlling shareholders were able to close down a company without the owner being aware of, or authorising, it. 

Nothing is a hopeless as the OP tries to make it. He must know some people of her family. Someone must know where she is, because I do not believe in a Thai girl that breaks with her own family after splitting with boyfriend/husband.

Check People administration in Pattaya,Bangkok, Hua Hin and Phuket as well as in her home province. Nobody wish to be unregistered right now, if there come a new handout from the government. 

If everything else fails, just take her to court. Then it will be the police and courts job to find her.

Can I just ask who does the day to day operations in the company? If not her, how is that possible without her authorization?

Edited by Matzzon

A post advising an illegal action (and a very inadvisable one) has been removed.

OP I suggest you take a different approach and instead of trying to close the business, which I don't think can be done without the written consent of the majority shareholder, take steps to legally separate/divest  yourself of your share in it.

Ask the lawyer how best to do this and you may wish to issue a public notice of it.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

A post advising an illegal action (and a very inadvisable one) has been removed.

OP I suggest you take a different approach and instead of trying to close the business, which I don't think can be done without the written consent of the majority shareholder, take steps to legally separate/divest  yourself of your share in it.

Ask the lawyer how best to do this and you may wish to issue a public notice of it.

Interesting Idea  Had not thought of that may have to check with lawyer about that option. 

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

Nothing is a hopeless as the OP tries to make it. He must know some people of her family. Someone must know where she is, because I do not believe in a Thai girl that breaks with her own family after splitting with boyfriend/husband.

Check People administration in Pattaya,Bangkok, Hua Hin and Phuket as well as in her home province. Nobody wish to be unregistered right now, if there come a new handout from the government. 

If everything else fails, just take her to court. Then it will be the police and courts job to find her.

Can I just ask who does the day to day operations in the company? If not her, how is that possible without her authorization?

There have been no actions for the company.  The issue is that the government keeps looking for the taxes and as I am a director I am responsible for the penalty.

41 minutes ago, kingstonkid said:

There have been no actions for the company.  The issue is that the government keeps looking for the taxes and as I am a director I am responsible for the penalty.

I guess you options is already described then. Good Luck!