The moment David Bowie performed with Marc Bolan just days before his death, 1977

snoop1130

The moment David Bowie performed with Marc Bolan just days before his death, 1977

By Jack Whatley

article-2223980-15A9AA3C000005DC-324_634x523.jpg

Just seven days before the tragic death of the legendary Marc Bolan, the mercurial singer asked one of his fellow superstars to join him on stage as part of his ongoing television show Marc.

That certain person was the enigmatic David Bowie, who, as well as being the king of glam rock also happened to be one of Bolan’s closest friends.

The pair, widely lauded as the pioneering forefathers of glam rock, if not modern rock and roll as we know it, first met back in 1964 when a young David Jones was on the same roster of manager Leslie Conn, as the young Mark Feld.

Conn had put the pair of prospects to work on painting an office for him as a way to balance out the cash he had spent on kitting out the duo in Carnaby Street’s finest garments.

Full Story: https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-bowie-marc-bolan-heroes-performance-days-before-death/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, torturedsole said:

I remember my shocked mum telling us in the morning that Bolan had died after hearing the news on the radio.  Elvis died exactly one month to the day before Bolan but she obviously admired / fancied Bolan more than Elvis.  

I remember T.Rex better than Bowie from that time. I liked Telegram Sam the best.

The joke that came out within days of Bolan's death: His latest hit was 'Wrap a purple mini round the old oak tree'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ah yes, I remember those days, when I still had (very long) hair, happy memories. I was well into the glitter thing. God knows what people thought, probably that I was gay or something. Sorted that problem out at a local disco, big bust up, to quote another band from that era:

• Like 2