Sportsworld

AlfHuy

Hi again,

What a way to do business and to p... off customers.

Yesterday, I went to Megabangna (was packed) to buy a pair of football boots for my daughter.

I went to Sportsworld.

There were some sales on.

Adidas were on a 40% discount.

I found a nice pair which were down from 3200 to 2080 baht.

Stickers with 40% all over the place.

I asked one of the girls (they were all to busy on their phones) to get me the right size.

Suddenly, 2 girls came and were cutting off all discount stickers and put a sign with a 15% discount!!!!

The girl I asked for a smaller size never came back.

Waiting and waiting..... I went to the next busy girl (on the phone again) and asked what is going on.

She came along with a big guy.

He: Solly sir, no 40% promotion, now 15%

Me: are you kidding me? It was a 40% discount and here you see, the 40% stickers is still in one of the boxes.

He: Solly, we got phone call from company.

Me: yes, sure. Farang buying and suddenly only 15% discount.

He: Solly sir and off he went.

Loss of face again and scared to confront a problem.

Most of the staff where just disappearing and sitting somewhere in a corner, checking their latest social media.

Unbelievable this and an email already gone to head-office of Sportsworld.

• Like 1

In ‘other countries’ there would be a legal obligation to honour the marked promotion / discount. 

Thailand, as always seems to bumble through customer service with a degree of astonishing juvenile clumsiness.

Try Decathlon - the kit in there is ok. I bought my Son’s boots from there (astro).

Obviously, it depends on how hold your daughter is and what standard she plays at - but for school ‘kick arounds - PE and ECA football’ etc the Decathlon boots are fine and inexpensive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, AlfHuy said:

She plays a very good level and for the school team.

I thought those Adidas for 2080 were a good deal but don't like when people try to play with me.

Obviously  I left the store and probably no feedback from head-office.

I get what you mean, I too would have walked out of the store. 

I obtain all my football boots from the UK - although thats because for some odd reason the range of astro boots here is terrible, yet soft ground studded boots can be found quite easily. 

Try Ari Sports. 

Or order from the UK. In the past I have bought boots online, had them sent to my address, had my mother muddy them up and little, package them roughly and post them out here. Better boots, far cheaper. 

• Thanks 1

I agree with Richard...I went into Decathlon at Esplanade last month, for the first time...way more practical than Sports World.  Sports World seems to be aimed at Thai HiSo and Chinese tourists looking for name brand shoes, accessories..some nice stuff, but North Face, New Balance run about triple what I pay in the US.  And then there are sizing issues.  

Good afternoon,

Next story.

Yesterday, I went to Central Bangna.

Had a walk through Supersports and there were a lot of promotions. Sports shoes at 40-60% discount.

Fill sports shoes / buy one, get one free.

Well, I was choosing 2 pairs of Fila trainers and asked the girl. She quickly disappeared and another guy came.

He was on his phone, trying to translate (thanks).

Everywhere were the buy one, get one free stickers.

Asked about 2 pairs, she told that promotion finished last week. What???

Why are there still the stickers on it?

Solly Sir, can not.

I gave up.

On my way out, I came across a nice pair of Adidas football boots with a 40% discount. 

Found the right size myself and straight to the cashier.

No questions asked and 40% applied.

What a mess.

Train your staff properly, have a manager on site and be customer friendly.

I would ban all the phones, once they start working.

Amen

It's not because you are farang, they are just incompetent to the max level...They work at Supersport but they behave like they are working at the fish market. Seen that myself as well. Especially hate when they follow you like you were there to steal stuff. It just makes me want to walk off...(in addition to the utterly ridiculous prices..shoes in Supersport 6000thb, bought on under armour official online shop at 2800..)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Sundown said:

It's not because you are farang, they are just incompetent to the max level...They work at Supersport but they behave like they are working at the fish market. Seen that myself as well. Especially hate when they follow you like you were there to steal stuff. It just makes me want to walk off...(in addition to the utterly ridiculous prices..shoes in Supersport 6000thb, bought on under armour official online shop at 2800..)

And a note to come to Lak Si?