Using An Attorney For A K1

Just wondering if anyone has used an attorney for completing the K1 visa. I believe many just do this on their own and I probably would too but I've got a fear I will forget something which could mess things up.

I'm also in the process of taking a new job in a different state so I'm not sure if that will hinder the process either.

If you are one of those who has trouble reading and comprehending simple instructions, or suffers from memory lapses from time to time, then hire a lawyer. Otherwise getting a K-1 for your fiance is trivial. Just download the I-129F from the USCIS website and follow the instructions.

You will need to file the I-129F at the USCIS office appropriate for the region of the US where you live (and presumably work). Later you will need to complete an affidavit of support and prove that you have monies to support your fiance while she is in the US.

The K-1 visa takes anywhere from 6 to 9 months to be approved. Good luck.

If you are one of those who has trouble reading and comprehending simple instructions, or suffers from memory lapses from time to time, then hire a lawyer. Otherwise getting a K-1 for your fiance is trivial. Just download the I-129F from the USCIS website and follow the instructions.

You will need to file the I-129F at the USCIS office appropriate for the region of the US where you live (and presumably work). Later you will need to complete an affidavit of support and prove that you have monies to support your fiance while she is in the US.

The K-1 visa takes anywhere from 6 to 9 months to be approved. Good luck.

I agree. If you can read and write, applying for a K-1 for your soon to be better half is a breeze. Just go step by step and you shouldn't have any problems. A good website for help is visajourney.com

Good luck....:o

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, overall I don't think the process is that difficult. I've been on the website visajourney. I guess what I am worried about is that I really want to get the process started, but I know my state of residence and employer is going to change. I don't know if that is going to hinder the application later on.

Thank you for the replies.

Yes, overall I don't think the process is that difficult. I've been on the website visajourney. I guess what I am worried about is that I really want to get the process started, but I know my state of residence and employer is going to change. I don't know if that is going to hinder the application later on.

I would suggest you gather all the information from her, which does take some time, translating birth certificates etc., fill out all the forms, and mail them to the appropriate service center when you know your future address. That would save a lot of time when you finally know where you will be located.